The Official Finland Thread

Nate2112

I'm 50% finnish because my biological mother was born in Finland. So I want to appreciate the wonders of my favorite country...FINLAND!!

My favorite place on Earth...Sello

Finland (as well as the other Nordic countries) is one of my favorite countries despite the fact I'm don't have any Finnish blood in me. I think I read somewhere that Finland is one of the best countries to live in currently since their education system is supposedly better than the one in the US. It's been the #1 place I'd love to visit since I was in middle school.

My grandmother (mom's mother) was Norwegian, and I've been over there twice, but the one and only time I was in Finland was a stopover in the airport in Helsinki on the way to Russia. I remember it looked kind of bleak, but the area around the airport in most places looks that way, so it's not much to go on!

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Apr 1 2012, 07:42 PM)
http://static.neatorama.com/images/2006-02/conan-finland-president.jpg

http://chawedrosin.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/finland-afraid.jpg

Finland is badass. I want to live there or in Sweden when I grow up. I loe Europe and Scandinavia is my favorite part, probably in the world but I won't ever be sure because I've only ever visited places here in the US and in Mexico.

I quoted that post because wasn't there some Finnish sniper, the White Death or something, who killed over 400 people, despite freezing weather, lack of food, and a party of snipers looking for him? Supposedly he was even shot and shrugged it off like nothing.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 29 2012, 07:04 PM)
Have you ever been there? Scandinavia seems like a nice place to visit.

Finland is not part of Scandinavia. I learned this just a few years ago. Scandinavia is composed of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark. I was told that it can be considered at insult to a Finn to call them part of Scandinavia.

I too, would love to go to Finland or any of the Nordic countries.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 4 2012, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 29 2012, 07:04 PM)
Have you ever been there? Scandinavia seems like a nice place to visit.

Finland is not part of Scandinavia. I learned this just a few years ago. Scandinavia is composed of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark. I was told that it can be considered at insult to a Finn to call them part of Scandinavia.

I too, would love to go to Finland or any of the Nordic countries.

Didn't know that. I guess they'd rather be called a Nordic country.