HEADLONG FLIGHT New RUSH Tune

jmdyyz

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE - 3/28@4:48PM: I have also received confirmation that Headlong Flight will indeed be the first single and that a 5.5-minute edit will be hitting radio on April 19th. The listening party did indeed take place yesterday, and Roadrunner is keeping a very tight lid on the track, so it's unlikely that it will leak. Although there's a possibility we'll get to hear a sample online sometime before the radio release.

Some more tweets from Dominic Nardella (@nardboy):

"New Rush song sounds like updated "By-Tor." Epic, cool guitar break downs. "I stoke the fires of the big steel wheels...""

"feels like by-tor... epic, weird talking part in the middle, ged's bass sounds phenomenal"

"goes to rock radio on 4/19 (maybe a tad sooner)..."

I just read it's the Radio Edit, they are chopping over 2 min of the song. Radio Blows

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 28 2012, 06:01 PM)

"New Rush song sounds like updated "By-Tor." Epic, cool guitar break downs. "I stoke the fires of the big steel wheels...""

"feels like by-tor... epic, weird talking part in the middle, ged's bass sounds phenomenal"

1022.gif

Updated By-tor?! yes.gif

Talking part in the middle? Sounds like B-Tor mixed with roll The Bones (sort of).

Definitely sounds interesting. Really sounds like the guys DID get into a time machine and channeled something from back in the 70's, not 80-91 as has been reported elsewhere.

I am starting to go common001.gif with anticipation.

QUOTE (TheAccountant @ Mar 28 2012, 07:33 PM)

Updated By-tor?! yes.gif

Talking part in the middle? Sounds like B-Tor mixed with roll The Bones (sort of).

Definitely sounds interesting. Really sounds like the guys DID get into a time machine and channeled something from back in the 70's, not 80-91 as has been reported elsewhere.

I will take the 80-91 keys and guitar solos mixed with the off the wall arrangements of the 70's 1022.gif That would be my ultimate record.

QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Mar 28 2012, 05:55 PM)
UPDATE - 3/28@4:48PM: I have also received confirmation that Headlong Flight will indeed be the first single and that a 5.5-minute edit will be hitting radio on April 19th. The listening party did indeed take place yesterday, and Roadrunner is keeping a very tight lid on the track, so it's unlikely that it will leak. Although there's a possibility we'll get to hear a sample online sometime before the radio release.

Pretty sure we got 2 singles already, so yeah, this is the 3rd actually.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 28 2012, 08:21 PM)

Updated By-tor?! yes.gif

I will take the 80-91 keys and guitar solos mixed with the off the wall arrangements of the 70's 1022.gif That would be my ultimate record.

Wow!! Had not thought of it that way! Sounds cool. As I said elsewhere, the 80-91 period is my favorite Rush period but I love the stuff from the 70's (other than the 2 long songs off CoS 062802puke_prv.gif) and ST (other than Working Man which rocks - the rest of ST is schla03.gif)

Basically from FBN through Presto Rush was at is best - just great (with an occasional "off" song) so I total agree. That would make for a great record. BTW - By-Tor is a top 10 Rush song for me (RTB is not even close) so the mere mention of By-Tor has me drooling.

Lets just hope this is as good as it sounds like it might be!!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 28 2012, 07:59 PM)
scouring the net for this song

Well, good luck but the odds are almost nil you'll find anything. People have gotten pretty good about securing these things in spite of the general idea that "everything leaks". Following the lead up to the new Van Halen record their forum was going through the same anticipation of "it'll leak soon" and never did even though lots of people commented on hearing it even well before the release.

Not trying to tell you not to try, though! smile.gif

What if someone is just seriously f*cking with our minds? unsure.gif And somewhere all of the Rush execs and producers and that lot are entertaining themselves by watching the fan community froth at the mouth and tie itself in a collective Gordian knot?

I mean, I don't THINK that's what's happening. I sure as hell hope not.

Updated By-tor?! yes.gif

Roll the Bones or Double Agent (I hope DA because that song is pure badass)

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Mar 28 2012, 10:45 PM)

Updated By-tor?! yes.gif

Roll the Bones or Double Agent (I hope DA because that song is pure badass)

lets hope there's nothing that resembles roll the bones on the new album.