Wow - can't believe it's been 10 years already...

ALifeson85

...since we were all anticipating the RETURN OF RUSH!! 1022.gif Vapor Trails was still a couple of months from being released, and we were all highly amped up for the subsequent summer tour. It was such an amazing time to be a Rush fan...knowing that they were finally BACK, and that it was very close to NEVER happening again.

I feel that same excitement NOW, towards Clockwork Angels and the upcoming tour! 653.gif 2.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 24 2012, 10:45 PM)
The day Vapor Trails was released was by far my worst moment in over 30 years of being a Rush fan. I went from insane excitement and anticipation to absolutely crushing disappointment. sad.gif

That was me and SnA. Not crushing disappointment but disappointment nonetheless. After hearing Far Cry I was pumped. On to Armor and Sword I was still pumped. Starting at Working Them Angels it started going downhill for me and when I heard Wind Blows, Hope, and Bravest Face and such it was totally not what I was wanting from Rush. It has grown on me since then but still not a record I even have the desire to spin very often. If they would have stuck with the style of the first two songs and not ventured into 60's folk sound it would be a good record for me. Even with VT horrid production I like it much better.

Vapor Trails may not be one of Rush's "Top 10" albums, but it was just great to hear from them again, and finally to get to SEE them in concert once again.

The day Vapor Trails was released was by far my worst moment in over 30 years of being a Rush fan. I went from insane excitement and anticipation to absolutely crushing disappointment. sad.gif

This exactly sums up My days when HYF, RTB and S&A came out

I was so excited to hear new Rush I didn't really care about the post production issues. There were a number of songs I would skip, but there was enough that I liked to keep listening to it

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Mar 26 2012, 08:50 AM)
Vapor Trails may not be one of Rush's "Top 10" albums, but it was just great to hear from them again, and finally to get to SEE them in concert once again.

yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 24 2012, 11:45 PM)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/strofl.gif

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:35 PM)
...since we were all anticipating the RETURN OF RUSH!! 1022.gif Vapor Trails was still a couple of months from being released, and we were all highly amped up for the subsequent summer tour. It was such an amazing time to be a Rush fan...knowing that they were finally BACK, and that it was very close to NEVER happening again.

I feel that same excitement NOW, towards Clockwork Angels and the upcoming tour! 653.gif 2.gif 653.gif

The Vapor Trails album and tour had a profound effect on me. Not only was I overjoyed about their return, but I was also at the end of my graduate studies. My long stay at college was over, and my life was in transition. I was majorly stressed out, and when the opening chords of Tom Sawyer blasted at me from the Minneapolis stage, I just LET LOOSE!!!!

I separated my shoulder from going ga-ga...... doh.gif laugh.gif .....but I didn't care! It was such a joyeous release.....many, many years of sacrifice, stress, and financial hardship were eradicated by three hours of glorious rock and roll thunder.

I will never forget that show. no.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Mar 26 2012, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:35 PM)
...since we were all anticipating the RETURN OF RUSH!!  1022.gif  Vapor Trails was still a couple of months from being released, and we were all highly amped up for the subsequent summer tour. It was such an amazing time to be a Rush fan...knowing that they were finally BACK, and that it was very close to NEVER happening again.

I feel that same excitement NOW, towards Clockwork Angels and the upcoming tour!  653.gif  2.gif  653.gif

The Vapor Trails album and tour had a profound effect on me. Not only was I overjoyed about their return, but I was also at the end of my graduate studies. My long stay at college was over, and my life was in transition. I was majorly stressed out, and when the opening chords of Tom Sawyer blasted at me from the Minneapolis stage, I just LET LOOSE!!!!

I separated my shoulder from going ga-ga...... doh.gif laugh.gif .....but I didn't care! It was such a joyeous release.....many, many years of sacrifice, stress, and financial hardship were eradicated by three hours of glorious rock and roll thunder.

I will never forget that show. no.gif

goodpost.gif

That show was something special, even though VT isn't high on my list anymore. I saw that tour in Charlotte NC (show #3), Bristow VA (show #8) and Milwaukee, WI (show #14).

Every time I think of their hiatus, I think of Neil's 55,000 mile bike journey. Jesus! That is one hell of a long ride. Makes me want to realize my road trip desires

I'm ashamed to admit that I was rather oblivious at the time. That was during my lapse (20 Hail Geddys for me). But my Hubby's best friend was so happy then - he was a Rush fan from day one. I remember him playing VT for us but I wasn't paying too much attention, what with 3 kids and a dog vying for attention, too. How I wish I had paid more attention then..... I missed 3 shows sad.gif

But I'm paying attention NOW and I'm so excited!! http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/excited.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 26 2012, 09:29 AM)
The day Vapor Trails was released was by far my worst moment in over 30 years of being a Rush fan.  I went from insane excitement and anticipation to absolutely crushing disappointment. sad.gif

This exactly sums up My days when HYF, RTB and S&A came out

Totally agree about all 3 of those, I like Vapor Trails though but do hope it gets remastered. For me HYF was the most disappointing release ever, I think every album they did was great until then.

I have been constantly dissapointed since I first heard Power Windows and then by all the upcoming releases.

I remember back in them 80ies I was a metalhead and certainly didnt want Rush to go soft and synthy. Then I started playing synth myself (because that was the only available instrument in the band some friends and myself started up tongue.gif ), so I gradually started to like synths. But still wanting Rush not to loose their hard edge. When they finally found back to their hard edge they skipped the synth so I was disappoionted about that as well.

But in the end I find myself liking all their albums and accepting that they evolve. No band evolves as much as Rush, though still keeping their signature sound.

HYF and VT is maybe the albums I have struggled the most with. HYF is now one of my favourites.

QUOTE (Snowman @ Mar 28 2012, 12:07 AM)
No band evolves as much as Rush, though still keeping their signature sound.

Evolution is the key to survival. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif If Rush had stayed stagnant, like so many other bands have done, they would have broken up long ago. It doesn't matter if some fans don't like this album or that album.....as long as Rush stays creative and experimental in what they do, then I will always buy their albums without hesitation. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Mar 28 2012, 08:55 PM)

Evolution is the key to survival. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif If Rush had stayed stagnant, like so many other bands have done, they would have broken up long ago. It doesn't matter if some fans don't like this album or that album.....as long as Rush stays creative and experimental in what they do, then I will always buy their albums without hesitation. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Mar 28 2012, 06:55 PM)
It doesn't matter if some fans don't like this album or that album.....as long as Rush stays creative and experimental in what they do

It sure matters a whole hell of a lot to each of those fans if they like or don't like a given album! yes.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Mar 28 2012, 08:55 PM)

they can't survive without our support. every band relies on the albums from the younger years because it's when everything is fresh, creative juices are flowing, and they are hungry to nail a record. they've done that and because of that it gives them more freedom. creative and experimental is one thing but something hasn't been clicking for a while imo.

QUOTE (Khan @ Mar 26 2012, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 24 2012, 11:45 PM)
The day Vapor Trails was released was by far my worst moment in over 30 years of being a Rush fan.  I went from insane excitement and anticipation to absolutely crushing disappointment. sad.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/strofl.gif

Man, I just woke some people up in my apartment laughing so hard watching that motorcyle honey eat that front tire.... amazing!