Your favorite bands

ILSnwdog

10. P!nk, if she counts. Odd choice, isn't it?

9. The Doors

8. Dream Theater

7. Ozzy Osbourne, if he counts

6. Muse

5. Metallica

4. Queen

3. Billy Joel, if he counts

2. The Beatles

1. Rush

Edited by Disk98

The church

:cheers: I have Almost With You as a ring tone.

The Church doesn't get nearly enough love.

• Like 2

At this moment, I'm enjoying the new albums from Built to Spill and Wire. So they are my favorite bands.

Gah, the new Wire album is out! And playing June 6 at the Black Cat in D.C.!! And Sufjan Stevens just released an album too. Good times.

p.s. How does the new Wire sound? My home PC doesn't do sound (bad sound card?). You can never predict what a Wire album will sound like based on the one before it except that you'll get something different.

Edited by Rutlefan

At this moment, I'm enjoying the new albums from Built to Spill and Wire. So they are my favorite bands.

Gah, the new Wire album is out! And playing June 6 at the Black Cat in D.C.!! And Sufjan Stevens just released an album too. Good times.

p.s. How does the new Wire sound? My home PC doesn't do sound (bad sound card?). You can never predict what a Wire album will sound like based on the one before it except that you'll get something different.

It's very pop sounding. Mixed very light. I read that Graham Lewis wished it sounded heavier. All Colin vocals, no Graham lead singing. It's a grower.

^ After first listen I like it more than Object 47 and more than most of Red Barked Trees, but it certainly isn't Change Becomes Us, though I didn't expect that. Some good moments, some that seemed to need more gravitas. Blogging and Harpooned stuck out most. Really liked them. Harpoon seems to manifest a good bit of MBV, maybe channeled through Matt Sims.

My current top five:

1. King's X

2. King's X

3. King's X

4. King's X

5. King's X

Believe it or not, my top five is actually very diverse!

• Like 2

Awesome. I was a huge King's fan thru the first 4 albums. I kind of burnt out on rock by then, I went from listening to Rush, Marillion and King's X constantly in 93, to not listening to any of them at all for many many years. I still love those first 4 albums, they made some sick sick music. Love the Beatles influence, love the more straightforward harder stuff they did, and still do. Great great band!
  • Like 2

Awesome. I was a huge King's fan thru the first 4 albums. I kind of burnt out on rock by then, I went from listening to Rush, Marillion and King's X constantly in 93, to not listening to any of them at all for many many years. I still love those first 4 albums, they made some sick sick music. Love the Beatles influence, love the more straightforward harder stuff they did, and still do. Great great band!

Yep - Rush, Marilion and Kings X made up the vast majority of my playlist back then too. Plus Queensryche! Really enjoyed Kings Xs most recent album too.

• Like 3

Ok...I will make a more realistic current top five:

1. Lacuna Coil

2. King's X

3. Paradise Lost

4. Nightwish

5. Rush

If thing's keep going the way they are i may put King's X up here.

Can't say just yet......i have to listened to the albums i have. the rest could be complete busts but i like the 3 i've listened to.

Mick

Can't say just yet......i have to listened to the albums i have. the rest could be complete busts but i like the 3 i've listened to.

Mick

Curious to know which ones? Still think Gretchen is a great album.

Mick

It's funny i bought out of the Silent planet through Tape head when i was 15........i was not impressed so in my closet went. Segue had been Raving about them so i pulled them out. i'm up to King's X now. but so far my 2 favs are. Gretchen and Faith Hope love

Mick

Mick

It's funny i bought out of the Silent planet through Tape head when i was 15........i was not impressed so in my closet went. Segue had been Raving about them so i pulled them out. i'm up to King's X now. but so far my 2 favs are. Gretchen and Faith Hope love

Mick

Man they were so good.

• Like 1

I have a few Kings X albums - Gretchen (love The Difference and The Burning Down), the 1992 self-titled (maybe the most rockin' and with some of the best riffs, like Lost in Germany), Faith Hope Love, and Dogman. I think Tabor is a great guitarist, but I don't really care that much for Pinnick's voice.

I think I'll give Gretchen a spin - I haven't heard it in a while.

Just a few...

Rush

Night Ranger

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Boston

Huey Lewis and The News

Fixed it!

Right now all I enjoy is Foreigner, King's X and Toto.

interesting how small your musical circle shrinks every now and then. happens to me too.

Right now.

1. Maroon 5.

2. Florence snd the Machine (GREAT new album.

3. Sia

4. XTC.

Big pop kick for me now.

Mick

• Like 1

interesting how small your musical circle shrinks every now and then. happens to me too.

Right now.

1. Maroon 5.

3. Sia

4. XTC.

Big pop kick for me now.

Mick

ATM I am so busy I come home and I just am exhausted for music! These bands are just enough for me right now!

But Huey Lewis is now on the list haha

• Like 2

Huey Lewis is now on the list haha

They were the first live gig I ever attended- summer of 1984.

They are great fun! Might start collecting their albums, alongside The Police.

Right now.

1. Maroon 5.

3. Sia

4. XTC.

Big pop kick for me now.

Mick

ATM I am so busy I come home and I just am exhausted for music! These bands are just enough for me right now!

But Huey Lewis is now on the list haha

Huey is great. wonderful cheese, IMO.

Mick

Right now...

Rush

Night Ranger

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Judas Priest

Styx

Def Leppard

All Time Low

Blue Öyster Cult