Key & Peele on Comedy Central

Presto-a RUSH fan!

I am really enjoying Key & Peele. Every show I've seen has had a few things I thought were really funny. They don't nail it every time, but it's a pretty good comedy show.

Here is a funny skit they did on Gay Marriage. I've seen other shows with this premise, but I liked what they did with it. Both guys are really talented and funny.

Anyone watching this?

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 31 2012, 09:33 AM)
Some funny skits, others not so. I like Tosh.0 better. It's edgier.

I love Tosh.0 and K&P is not comparable, two completely different types of shows. I definitely prefer Tosh.0 but I figured Key & Peele would be terrible from the commercials I saw. But when I watched it (after Tosh.0), I actually enjoyed it.

One thing I like is even though they are black every thing isn't based around race. Meaning it's not made for a black audience, it's made for any audience. Alot of times a show with black comedians is geared for a black audience and alot of the humor goes over my head. But these guys are pretty smart and even when the poke at the race issue, they do it smartly and more importantly, it's funny.

Key & Peele is a skit show, kinda like Mr Show used to be. It's not on a Mr. Show level by any means, but I find that more times than not I like the skits and think they are very creative and not just sticking to trying to attract a black audience.

I like it. I always tape it and watch it after Tosh.0.

BTW, Tosh.0 is unbelievably funny! How he gets away with alot of that stuff is amazing!

Tosh really pushes the edges and isn't afraid to laugh at some PC stuff and that's why I like it. biggrin.gif Normally I'm fairly PC and sensitive to shit. I'm a VERY liberal person, actually, but sometimes you just have to laugh at some things so that they don't drive you mad. Tosh is a great outlet for that. Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Apr 2 2012, 12:38 PM)
So I said; "Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch, this show is pretty funny!"

You hit it right there....that is why I like it. That skit your pulling that from can be related to by any man who has ever been married!

Here it is:

These guys are both smart and the humor is usually smart. Sometimes they miss the mark, but alot of times they hit it.

I loved the bit they did about Obama wanting to teach his daughter how to do things like drive and go to the ATM. They showed him in different situations thru out the show. Here is part one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naUFIUZ2Ryc

I can't find the ATM bit and I wish I could because I know some people will think "Oh, just black guys pointing out the injustices of racist white America" But in the other bit, he is at an ATM and there is a line of other black people behind him, and trust me, they make just as much fun of black people as they do of white people. The bottom line is they find the humanity that makes any situation funny and hit on it, whether it bags on black or white America and most the time, it's funny.

Here is one other one I saw when I was looking for the ATM bit and I thought it was a great take on reality TV. They cut it short, which left out a few funny lines but it's still pretty good.

One more that is pretty funny and touches on "racism" but done smartly and hilarious, IMO.