Roadrunner (you are all missing the point)

quantex

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 17 2012, 12:44 PM)
Fabulous! I predict great things for this thread.

Wear a seat belt. Or a hat. Or a condom. Or all three. Anywayz, tingz a gonna get messy.

Oooh, I love new album time. It's like a permanent full moon.

Dude! The entertainment level is at a fever pitch. It's a great time to be a Rush fan! 1287.gif tongue.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 17 2012, 08:56 PM)
CA was recorded, in secret, at Le Studio in a parallel Universe, whilst Moving Pictures was being recorded.

Oh how silly you all are to not realize that...

You left out that Terry Brown produced it, and that Nick R. just made sandwiches.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 17 2012, 07:43 PM)
CA was recorded, in secret, at Le Studio in a parallel Universe, whilst Moving Pictures was being recorded.

You left out that Terry Brown produced it, and that Nick R. just made sandwiches.

And true to form, his sandwiches were sub-par and not up to the expectations of fans.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 17 2012, 01:47 PM)
OMFG YOU'RE SO RIGHT! Your unparalleled deductive skills are on display here for sure. That is the only logical explanation why a band that's been around for nearly 40 years and routinely earns millions of dollars touring would hold back a record... I mean, these guys are young, right? They're in their 30's I think, so it's not like the clock is ticking, they have plenty of time to record more material. They totally held back a new record just to help out Roadrunner - after all, Roadrunner doesn't have any other artists. Nickelback? WTF, they're barely an act. They've never made any money. Korn? Bunch'a has-beens. They'll never make any money. Clearly RUSH is the only act capable of keeping Roadrunner afloat, so of course they're going to...

Okay, I can't keep this up.

That's a pretty slim theory, and that's the kindest way I can think to phrase that.

You can throw The Cayote and an ACME device in there if you need to!

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (quantex @ Mar 17 2012, 01:40 PM)
All -

Roadrunner is run by Allan Weinrib, Geddy's bro.

All the pre-album hype is all to make Roadrunner larger.

CA was probably complete when BU2B and Caravan were released. They did not get their record deal, hence CA sat around.

Now Roadrunner is in the picture, they are going to enjoy the hype. It is all in the family.

Again, I really believe that the record was completed years ago.

They can write songs in a day.

Q

...aaaaaaaaaand on THAT note...

http://twitpare.com/media/uploaded/e026c2846d5a11deb2ad404043b14e6c/bunny-pancake.jpg

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Mar 17 2012, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE (quantex @ Mar 17 2012, 01:40 PM)
All -

Roadrunner is run by Allan Weinrib, Geddy's bro.

All the pre-album hype is all to make Roadrunner larger.

CA was probably complete when BU2B and Caravan were released.  They did not get their record deal, hence CA sat around.

Now Roadrunner is in the picture, they are going to enjoy the hype.  It is all in the family.

Again, I really believe that the record was completed years ago. 

They can write songs in a day.

Q

...aaaaaaaaaand on THAT note...

http://twitpare.com/media/uploaded/e026c2846d5a11deb2ad404043b14e6c/bunny-pancake.jpg

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 17 2012, 08:43 PM)

And it was recorded in a barn in the Wales countryside. The only guitars used were the ES-355 and Rickenbacker bass.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Mar 17 2012, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 17 2012, 08:43 PM)

And it was recorded in a barn in the Wales countryside. The only guitars used were the ES-355 and Rickenbacker bass.

... and the true genius of the Omega Concern comes to fruition... years later...

QUOTE (canadianice @ Mar 17 2012, 10:38 PM)
This is all BULLSHIT!!!!, drink a beer, smoke a fatty(bc bud), and listen to the coolest shit in the world!!!!. GET A FUKKING LIFE!!!!! 2.gif

Sounds like you're already three steps ahead of the rest of us on the beer and fatties...