Feedback II

losingit2k

Should RUSH release another Feedback? And if so What songs?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should RUSH release another Feedback? And if so What songs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only as an EP

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 15 2012, 05:58 PM)
If there was an "I don't know" option, I'd have voted that. IMO Rush has been there, done that. Those who enjoy the cd wish it had been longer. Alex mentioned regretting they didn't put on a Beatles tune. But, it is what it is, which is a great covers cd in the spirit of their 30th anni, with songs they covered when they were first starting out. I'm not opposed to Feedback II, but think Rush would need a fresh reason. So, I highly doubt Rush will tread those waters again. trink38.gif

Even though I wouldn't want them to either play any Feedback songs on tour or play any other bands song on tour, if they HAD to play something from the Beatles, then they should just play one song in concert. They could then release the live version of that ONE song. But again, I'd rather they NEVER play another cover song on tour PERIOD!

Any time I go see a band I like and they break into another bands song, no matter if I like the song or not, I am always bummed because I want to hear the bands actual music.

In the case of RUSH, playing even a 3 minute Beatles song would be a spot where they could play "Making Memories" a song that I would give my left nut to hear live in concert! (and btw, my ln is not worth much anyway since of all the cool10.gif in my youth! biggrin.gif)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 15 2012, 05:27 PM)

In the case of RUSH, playing even a 3 minute Beatles song would be a spot where they could play "Making Memories" a song that I would give my left nut to hear live in concert!  (and btw, my ln is not worth much anyway since of all the cool10.gif in my youth! biggrin.gif)

You've got me thinking of Help! segwaying into Making Memories laugh.gif On the doubleneck! ohmy.gif Segwaying into Xanadu :ohyeah:

And, I thought of a concept for Feedback II. Cover songs that influenced them in the 70's, like Genesis, Yes, etal. I would love to hear Rush cover Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid. 1022.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 15 2012, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 15 2012, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 15 2012, 05:27 PM)

In the case of RUSH, playing even a 3 minute Beatles song would be a spot where they could play "Making Memories" a song that I would give my left nut to hear live in concert!  (and btw, my ln is not worth much anyway since of all the cool10.gif in my youth! biggrin.gif)

You've got me thinking of Help! segwaying into Making Memories laugh.gif On the doubleneck! ohmy.gif Segwaying into Xanadu :ohyeah:

And, I thought of a concept for Feedback II. Cover songs that influenced them in the 70's, like Genesis, Yes, etal. I would love to hear Rush cover Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid. 1022.gif cool10.gif

I seriously think Rush could do a decent over of the Beatles song "Rain".

And remember, Alex played a bit of "I Feel Fine" and "Day Tripper" after "The Trees" on the R30 Tour.

Yes. I recall Alex covering Rain at a charity show a few years ago. White ribbon something or other. I really enjoyed their Beatles nod during The Trees. 2.gif

edited to fix brain fart.

Edited by Lerxster

Wow I know what topic to stay away from now! I'm surprised I haven't been burned in Effigy!

scared.gif

But everyone knows that if they would break into a Zepplin song next tour everyone would just go nuts!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 15 2012, 02:06 PM)
Well since to me the first endeavour was a bit of a disappointment, basically because of the songs they chose! I voted yes, to give them a second chance. However I would like them to tackle more difficult songs like:

Synchronicity II (The Police)
IronMan (Black Sabbath)
A New Day Yesterday (Jethro Tull)
Black Dog (Led Zepplin)
Perfect Strangers (Deep Purple)
Lucky Man (ELP)
Hey You (Pink Floyd)
Who's Behind Door (Zebra)
Tempus Fugit (YES)
Dance on the Volcano (Genesis)
Peruvian Skies (Dream Theater)
Monument (Fates Warning)
Della Brown (Queensryche)
Sole Survivor (Asia)
Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part 2 (King Crimson)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

aside from Synchronicity II, i hate your choices.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Mar 15 2012, 03:25 PM)
I actually enjoy Feedback from time to time, particularly Crossroads, For What Its Worth, and Mr. Soul. But, as stated before I wouldve prefered them come out with a Rush album rather than a cover album. So I voted No, because I want them to write their own music. 2.gif

Thank you for this great post!! I could not have put it better.

My feelings exactly. Like you I voted no. Of course, if they did it I would buy it.

One thing that might be interesting would be if Rush "revisited" some of their real old songs and do reworked versions of a few. Perhaps rework some of the synthesizer heavy 80s songs. Completely removing the synthesizers and putting in a whole lot more guitar. A new version of "New World Man" maybe. Stuff like that.

I've only listened to Feedback a few times. I tried listening to it last summer, but ended up skipping through every song. I do like their take on "For What It's Worth", but if I'm going to listen to that song, I'd rather hear the original. I realize the songs on Feedback are considered classics, but they're all before my time and just don't spark with me.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 15 2012, 09:49 PM)
I voted yes because what the hell.

If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

That being said, if they play any covers *live* ever again, I'd be pretty pissed off.

Yeah, but you gotta remember, doing a Feedback II takes time, even though they don't have to write the lyrics or the music, they do have to put their spin on it and then practice it, then record it, taking time away from another "new" album.

And if they did release one, they would for sure play some of it in concert, so I think you should send negative mental messages to RUSH to NEVER do this again, maybe contact Solaris Blue Raven as Lerxter suggested, so they never do it again! laugh.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 15 2012, 08:49 PM)

That being said, if they play any covers *live* ever again, I'd be pretty pissed off.

no.gif It's inevitable that if they made another Feedback, they would play some of the songs live. Just look at the R30 tour - 4 covers! That alone I think is a very good reason for them not to do it again. My reference to no more covers was in the context of a live show more than anything else. It just seems ridiculous to me that a band with such a vast back catalogue would choose to take up valuable set time with covers, which they would if they made a Feedback II.

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Mar 15 2012, 04:48 PM)
Nah. The clock is ticking on this band, and we're going to get only so much more material and so many more shows out of them, so I'd prefer that they didn't spend any of the time that's left rehearsing, recording, and performing cover songs. It doesn't help that I don't like most of the songs they chose for the first one.

why do you think the clock is ticking on this band?

Just curious.

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 16 2012, 02:24 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 15 2012, 09:49 PM)

Yeah, but you gotta remember, doing a Feedback II takes time, even though they don't have to write the lyrics or the music, they do have to put their spin on it and then practice it, then record it, taking time away from another "new" album.

And if they did release one, they would for sure play some of it in concert, so I think you should send negative mental messages to RUSH to NEVER do this again, maybe contact Solaris Blue Raven as Lerxter suggested, so they never do it again! laugh.gif

I'd be shocked if it took longer than a weekend to learn and arrange the songs, and longer than two weeks to really nail them down. Then give them another week for recording and the band is done - hand it off to the staff for post production. 90% of the real work is already done for them - writing the songs.

I don't think it would take away all that much time. Less than a month. And I know some of us have been saying they're getting old, this might be the last album, they might retire soon... but what the hell, they might not. They might have another three albums in them and retire at 70. Who knows. If they want to spend a month doing another covers album, I'd check it out and not prejudge it.