FIRST SINGLE RUMORED

RUSHFREAK101

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 15 2012, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 15 2012, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (Alexmai @ Mar 15 2012, 02:53 AM)
I'd love to read a CA review from an expert (of those that are going to that Lunch & Listen)... if we can't listen to CA, at least we can read to wink.gif

"Roadrunner Records is inviting 120 industry executives and promoters on Tuesday March 27th at 11 AM for a "Lunch and Listen" to the new Rush record. I saw an invite to this through a good friend of mine who is attending it and works for the NY Post. He also told me a single is going to be coming that following Friday so that puts us at the 30th for a new song. ..."

This is the best news I've heard so far! This basically confirms every rumor that has come lately! The New single on the 30th of March, the May release if not sooner, but more importantly, it confirms that the guys feel strong enough about this album to have it exposed for review prior to its release. Face it, all these writers and executives could alter the sell of the album for non-RUSH fans with one bad review. I don't think RUSH would exposed themselves like this if they didn't feel great about This album!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Its gonna ROCK!

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

1022.gif applaudit.gif 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

didn't they feel strong enough about s & a? unsure.gif even though the album sucks to me they are very proud of it and i think alex sent a copy to david gilmour when they completed it. it was sort of a thanks to gilmour for his advice but damn i'd be embarrassed to send that one to david gilmour. eh.gif

why? at least half of it is a great album, and the other half isn't embarrassing or anything. i think they only truly would have had cause for acute embarrassment if they tried to ship off VT to a famous musician. that or maybe RTB, of which half the songs were pretty embarrassing.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 15 2012, 07:16 PM)
I'd love to read a CA review from an expert (of those that are going to that Lunch & Listen)... if we can't listen to CA, at least we can read to wink.gif

"Roadrunner Records is inviting 120 industry executives and promoters on Tuesday March 27th at 11 AM for a "Lunch and Listen" to the new Rush record. I saw an invite to this through a good friend of mine who is attending it and works for the NY Post. He also told me a single is going to be coming that following Friday so that puts us at the 30th for a new song. ..."

This is the best news I've heard so far! This basically confirms every rumor that has come lately! The New single on the 30th of March, the May release if not sooner, but more importantly, it confirms that the guys feel strong enough about this album to have it exposed for review prior to its release. Face it, all these writers and executives could alter the sell of the album for non-RUSH fans with one bad review. I don't think RUSH would exposed themselves like this if they didn't feel great about This album!

Its gonna ROCK!

didn't they feel strong enough about s & a? unsure.gif even though the album sucks to me they are very proud of it and i think alex sent a copy to david gilmour when they completed it. it was sort of a thanks to gilmour for his advice but damn i'd be embarrassed to send that one to david gilmour. eh.gif

why? at least half of it is a great album, and the other half isn't embarrassing or anything. i think they only truly would have had cause for acute embarrassment if they tried to ship off VT to a famous musician. that or maybe RTB, of which half the songs were pretty embarrassing.

using great and s & a in the same sentence? laugh.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 15 2012, 02:48 AM)
In fact at this point, RUSH owes us each a personal concert where they play the entire album at each of our houses.

Ooooh! Ooooh! I call Power Windows or GUP! hehehe bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 15 2012, 07:38 PM)

Its gonna ROCK!

Yes great! Snake and Arrows is a great album! If you can't see that, I truly feel sorry for you, cause you're lost in the past, that is long gone and will never return!

Sorry for the bad news!

bolt.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 16 2012, 10:15 AM)

Its gonna ROCK!

Yes great! Snake and Arrows is a great album! If you can't see that, I truly feel sorry for you, cause you're lost in the past, that is long gone and will never return!

Sorry for the bad news!

bolt.gif

Nonsense. Not liking S & A doesn't necessarily mean someone is lost in the past at all. For me it means I don't like the majority of the songs on the album. Simple. And, I definitely wasn't expecting Moving Pictures II or 2113.

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 15 2012, 03:48 AM)
QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Mar 14 2012, 06:59 PM)
Ugh. How about they release the entire album on March 30th. They at least owe us that.

I agree 100% yes.gif

In fact at this point, RUSH owes us each a personal concert where they play the entire album at each of our houses.

Then, since they made us wait SOOOO long they should actually pay us to have the album.

Then when they go on tour, the same thing, whatever the ticket prices would normally be, they should deposit that amount into our bank accounts.

Then, they should also provide each of us, not a group of us, but each person individually, a limo to the show and then to a nearby hotel where they pay for the most expensive suite available, one with a hot tub and fully stocked bar, again, each fan should get their own room.

Then, they should fly us via private jet from show to show and follow the protocol I have outlined above.

That is the least they can do....they owe us that!

(For those of you who don't understand this post, this is "sarcasm") wink.gif

I'm down with all of the above! yes.gif

Not saying that they owe it to us, mind you. But hey, a Rush girl can dream, no?

So I will happily settle for a new album and a tour.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 15 2012, 08:15 PM)

Its gonna ROCK!

Sorry for the bad news!

bolt.gif

please don't feel sorry for me. tongue.gif there's plenty of music out there. biggrin.gif

Its gonna ROCK!

Actually it fits together perfectly!! The first 1/2 of the album was, if not great, than at least very, very good. The second half got a little weaker but sill had some good songs.

Got to agree with goober on this one.

QUOTE (TheAccountant @ Mar 15 2012, 09:13 PM)

Its gonna ROCK!

Actually it fits together perfectly!! The first 1/2 of the album was, if not great, than at least very, very good. The second half got a little weaker but sill had some good songs.

Got to agree with goober on this one.

i'm glad you get some enjoyment out of it. i have it stacked up with a variety of other cd's that i'm going to sell to a used cd place.

there's over half an hour of good to excellent tracks on S&A

hell, that's a fantastic average if you ask me

who else of Rush's longevity is putting out 30+ minutes worthwhile of music on their new albums

the Stones?

AC/DC?

Yes?

King Crimson?

Its gonna ROCK!

yes.gif

Half of S&A is excellent and the other half is good/acceptable.

This makes it a very good post HYF album.

S&A is the best since Counterparts.

Lets hope they come back with an even greater album on CA! common001.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 15 2012, 08:38 PM)

Its gonna ROCK!

Deservatively so!

Yes, I made up that word.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Mar 15 2012, 11:20 PM)

who else of Rush's longevity is putting out 30+ minutes worthwhile of music on their new albums

the Stones?
AC/DC?
Yes?
King Crimson?

Amen, brother...amen.

No other band that has lasted as long as the Great Canadien Triumvirate can make such a claim, even if I firmly believe 90% of the release is top notch, more than a mere 30 minutes.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Mar 16 2012, 11:03 AM)

the Stones?
AC/DC?
Yes?
King Crimson?

Amen, brother...amen.

No other band that has lasted as long as the Great Canadien Triumvirate can make such a claim, even if I firmly believe 90% of the release is top notch, more than a mere 30 minutes.

over a 1/2 hour of good to excellent tracks on s & a is a matter of opinion and nothing anyone says can force or change the mind of someone who dislikes it. just like i think rush hasn't produced anything electric in a long time, there's also the flip side where somebody else thinks s & a or the two new songs are is the best stuff they've done in a long time. it never ends. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Mar 16 2012, 09:47 AM)
With the listening lunch about a week away, I am surprised this hasn't leaked yet.

And, by surprised, I mean, would one of you internet masters find the thing already!

Trust me, if it was out there, we'd know. It ain't out there yet.

I've got some sources, they're empty at the moment.

QUOTE (Snowman @ Mar 16 2012, 05:44 AM)

The first half is Crap and the second half is Shit .

Funny how people see/hear things differently biggrin.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 16 2012, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Mar 16 2012, 09:47 AM)
With the listening lunch about a week away, I am surprised this hasn't leaked yet.

And, by surprised, I mean, would one of you internet masters find the thing already!

Trust me, if it was out there, we'd know. It ain't out there yet.

I've got some sources, they're empty at the moment.

Empty? You misspelled "useless."

rofl3.gif

the Stones?
AC/DC?
Yes?
King Crimson?

Fly From Here had at least 30 minutes of good music, more like 35. yes.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 16 2012, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE (Snowman @ Mar 16 2012, 05:44 AM)

Funny how people see/hear things differently biggrin.gif

Oh, you're 'hearing'.

The problem is...you're not LISTENING! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Mar 16 2012, 03:06 PM)

the Stones?
AC/DC?
Yes?
King Crimson?

Fly From Here had at least 30 minutes of good music, more like 35. yes.gif

Yes, I agree! Fly from hear was a very good album!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Mar 16 2012, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 16 2012, 12:18 PM)

Thanks, Tony R. tongue.gif

Not even Far Cry, MalNar, or Monkey Business work for you? Seems like these tracks are the closest Rush has come to old school Rush in a long time.

If only they would have stuck to that style for the whole record. I think they will with Clockwork Angels.

QUOTE (Snowman @ Mar 16 2012, 03:44 AM)

Its gonna ROCK!

yes.gif

This makes it a very good post HYF album.

S&A is the best since Counterparts.

Lets hope they come back with an even greater album on CA! common001.gif

goodpost.gif

Your observations are spot on perfect. S&A and Counterparts are their only bright spots post-HYF.

The only thing I even slightly disagree with is that I'm nowhere near as optimistic as you seem to be, based on those first two tracks, that CA will live up to the level of S&A, and I seriously doubt it will be better. I'm just hoping against hope for 2 or 3 great tracks. I'm not optimistic I'll get them, but I'm still hoping. I've long ago accepted that they stopped making great albums one after another like they did for so many years, and while that is a sad fact, getting 2 or 3 more great songs out of them at this stage in their career would make me happy as their studio album career winds down with this last album. I don't know if they have enough left in the tank for another classic or two or three like the first 3 tracks on S&A, but anything can happen...