Devin Townshend/ DTP

The Owl

I have been wanting to get into this guy for a while now, every sample I've heard I liked, and from the bits and pieces of songs Ive heard I have also liked...

But I have absolutely no idea where to begin with DT or DTP.... I have picked up 1 album..... "Addicted" and liked most of it, but it certainly did not blow me away... I can gather that this particular album would not be a great starting point.

So what is the best by this guy? Thanks in advance for the help.

Do you mean Devin Townsend?

He's AMAZING!!!

I've seen his former band Strapping Young Lad live as well as The Devin Townsend Project when they opened up for Opeth.

I'm a HUGE fan of SYL and DT

I'd say it's you're into more louder metal music then listen to Strapping Young Lad.

DTP is very melodic at times and experimental.

He's also been involved with numerous other bands that you should check out as well.

LONG LIVE THE SKULLET!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif

Terria, Addicted, Ghost, Ocean Machine, Deconstruction, Infinity, Ki, Synchestra - all are tremendous, and you can't go wrong with any of those at first.

Ziltoid is good fun, but it is a bit out there for a newbie, so I'd wait a while to get that one.

The layering of his music has either you love or hate. I love it. It is a full sound.

For releases, Synchestra shows off this guys creative talent the most, IMO. While I don't care to much for his screams, it still isn't growling. Hevy Devy is highly talented and under-rated. For some serious comic relief from this guy, I recommend Ziltoid.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 12 2012, 07:14 PM)
Seeing alot of love for Terria, might try that one out next.