Getty, the singer of Rush

danielmclark

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 10 2012, 12:07 PM)
My 6-year-old brings home work from school, and this one made me extraordinarily proud.

http://qaqn.com/images/outbound/winter-rush.jpg

I haven't taught her yet how to spell Geddy, and it's not strange that she hears "Getty" when I say it. Close enough!

CLASSIC!!!!!!!

I hope you pinned that to the fridge! Brilliant! applaudit.gif

"Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is" - Yoda, Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 10 2012, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Mar 10 2012, 08:13 PM)
A kid that enjoys rock and knows the singer's name? There is hope for humanity! tongue.gif

Great story.

I know, right? I'm just thinkin' of the future! laugh.gif

She's also got a Rush t-shirt that's she's worn to school once or twice. I got her a kids shirt on the S&A tour that she loves. I was very annoyed that they didn't have kid sizes on the TM tour; I would have gotten another for her and one for her little brother.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/smiley2285.gif

BTW, I saw the kid's FBN shirts are on sale at the Rush Backstage Club. Just sayin' wink.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Mar 13 2012, 03:16 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 10 2012, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Mar 10 2012, 08:13 PM)
A kid that enjoys rock and knows the singer's name? There is hope for humanity! tongue.gif

Great story.

I know, right? I'm just thinkin' of the future! laugh.gif

She's also got a Rush t-shirt that's she's worn to school once or twice. I got her a kids shirt on the S&A tour that she loves. I was very annoyed that they didn't have kid sizes on the TM tour; I would have gotten another for her and one for her little brother.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/smiley2285.gif

BTW, I saw the kid's FBN shirts are on sale at the Rush Backstage Club. Just sayin' wink.gif

Ooooh I'm all over that. Thanks!

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Mar 11 2012, 06:39 PM)
Why is there a huge red check mark next to Getty? angry.gif

Is the teacher saying that your kid's answer is incorrect? angry.gif

wink.gif

Yeah...what is that red check for? Is it like an "OK" you got credit for this paper...or is the teacher saying that is wrong!!! rage.gif

That's BS if it's checked for being wrong! bitchslap.gif

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 13 2012, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Mar 11 2012, 06:39 PM)
Why is there a huge red check mark next to Getty?  angry.gif

Is the teacher saying that your kid's answer is incorrect?  angry.gif

wink.gif

Yeah...what is that red check for? Is it like an "OK" you got credit for this paper...or is the teacher saying that is wrong!!! rage.gif

That's BS if it's checked for being wrong! bitchslap.gif

The check signifies a complete, correct assignment.

I love how the circle of Rush goes on. Fans grow up listening to Rush, and now the next generation is listening to them and going to see their shows. I hope to help contribute in the next 10 years.

Showed my wife the Getty reference, she loved it! 1022.gif

I agree, I am subtly contributing as well - my stepdaughters hear Rush around the house when my wife and I listen or watch the DVDs and they are both music fans because of us (they particularly like Styx, Kiss, and The Beatles). Now they are expressing an interesting in Rush. Right now the songs that they are latching onto are Tom Sawyer, The Trees, Closer to the Heart, Stick it Out and One Little Victory. Hopefully they will dig a little deeper, I burned them some "best of" CDs to get them started.

2.gif