Best Alex instrumental video?

RushFansInCentralTexas

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Mar 8 2012, 11:26 PM)
For me, personally, the most "country" sounding Rush song is The Way the Wind Blows off Snakes and Arrows. You may try that one.

But if you just want an instrumental I agree Hope is your best option...or Broon's Bane

Why does it have to sound country??? He's asking for video showing Alex's skills. Not Alex's country playing.

Why does it have to sound country??? He's asking for video showing Alex's skills. Not Alex's country playing

He also specifically mentioned his friend is a country guitar player -- so the assumption would be that he wants something country sounding to lure his friend into the world of the Lerxster. tongue.gif

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Mar 9 2012, 08:34 AM)
Why does it have to sound country??? He's asking for video showing Alex's skills. Not Alex's country playing

He also specifically mentioned his friend is a country guitar player -- so the assumption would be that he wants something country sounding to lure his friend into the world of the Lerxster. tongue.gif

That would be an accurate assumption, but the guitarist friend in mention attended a music college, so he's pretty well rounded. Just didn't want to turn him off, is all, which is why it needs to be a DVD song.

Edited by RushFansInCentralTexas

I know alot about RUSH. I have read alot of books and have all the studio and live recordings and all the live DVDs or BluRays. That said, I envy those of you who know all the live performances and which versions include the best parts to be able to answer questions like this.

As much as I LOVE RUSH, I just don't get into the live recordings and wouldn't have a clue what to recommend as far as what "live" solo is the best.

So to you out there who have all that info tucked away in your brain, I'm notworthy.gif