Tour dates

woodring2112

Yesterday, a local DJ came on after playing some Rush and said that she wasn't happy with the band, since she's heard that Salt Lake City isn't on the plan for the tour THIS SUMMER.

Now, I know that we've all been hearing that the tour will start in maybe September, but the fact that she heard that SLC isn't on the route makes me wonder if they'll be running only larger areas, or even larger arenas again instead of amphitheaters, especially if they start later in the year.

Regardless, I guess my point is that SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE, is apparently already fleshing out tour dates and destinations, which is progress, right?

If a radio DJ is upset with a band because they're not making a tour stop in their town then that DJ is an idiot. Very few bands have a say on where they play or how the tour is routed.

If there were summer dates to be announced I would suspect we'd be hearing more and more rumbling's about it right now, as they would probably be announced within the next few weeks. So far all we've got is the rumor of a tour in the fall so let's stick with that until we hear otherwise. We don't even have a release date for the new album so i'm not even sure if the band knows what's going on yet.

If theres a tour this year drool1.gif cool10.gif trink38.gif 653.gif yes.gif lol then that wil be a tour in 2010 2011 2012 and probaly 2013 and in 2007 2009, they have been busy and amazing at the same time, what do they do in their limited breaks?

RIAB reported this on Friday:

There's also not been any official news regarding the Fall tour in support of the album, but I have received some unofficial news regarding at least one tour date from a reliable source. I've known for a few weeks now that the band has been putting holds on several North American venues in the Southeast and Midwest for September/October, and recently received news that a date at the Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, IN is planned for Thursday, September 13th. Assuming this information is accurate, this means that dates are beginning to solidify, which hopefully means an official tour announcement is imminent.

The DJ in SLC, like many DJs, is apparently an idiot.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Mar 3 2012, 04:33 AM)

There's also not been any official news regarding the Fall tour in support of the album, but I have received some unofficial news regarding at least one tour date from a reliable source. I've known for a few weeks now that the band has been putting holds on several North American venues in the Southeast and Midwest for September/October, and recently received news that a date at the Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, IN is planned for Thursday, September 13th. Assuming this information is accurate, this means that dates are beginning to solidify, which hopefully means an official tour announcement is imminent.

I am from Noblesville. This is definitely good news as they skipped Noblesville(Indy) on the TM tour. Really shocked me as the band has never skipped Indy on a tour that I know of. Can't believe they changed the name again. They just auction off the rights to name these sheds don't they. It used to be Deer Creek back in the day and then it was Verizon and now it's Klipsch I guess. Regardless....it's literally 4 miles from the house I grew up in.

Edited by presto123

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 3 2012, 05:10 AM)

I am from Noblesville. This is definitely good news as they skipped Noblesville(Indy) on the TM tour. Really shocked me as the band has never skipped Indy on a tour that I know of. Can't believe they changed the name again. They just auction off the rights to name these sheds don't they. It used to be Deer Creek back in the day and then it was Verizon and now it's Klipsch I guess. Regardless....it's literally 4 miles from the house I grew up in.

653.gif cheer.gif common001.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (JackRelax @ Mar 1 2012, 02:11 PM)

they also have to work around sports schedules and other touring bands. especially with indoor venues. It's very tricky to plan!

This right here

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 5 2012, 09:19 AM)
QUOTE (JackRelax @ Mar 1 2012, 02:11 PM)

they also have to work around sports schedules and other touring bands. especially with indoor venues. It's very tricky to plan!

This right here

yes.gif

Think Rose Garden guys!!

QUOTE (sanzo @ Mar 2 2012, 08:49 PM)
If theres a tour this year drool1.gif cool10.gif trink38.gif 653.gif yes.gif lol then that wil be a tour in 2010 2011 2012 and probaly 2013 and in 2007 2009, they have been busy and amazing at the same time, what do they do in their limited breaks?

Limited breaks???

They were off the entire year of 2009

They toured for four months in 2010 (giving them 8 months off)

They toured for three month in 2011 and possibly spent two months in the studio (giving them 7 months off)

Assuming the tour starts in September along with a couple more months working on getting the album finished up and rehearsals (giving them at least 6 months off for 2012)

That's not exactly a tough schedule.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Mar 5 2012, 10:52 AM)
QUOTE (sanzo @ Mar 2 2012, 08:49 PM)
If theres a tour this year  drool1.gif  cool10.gif  trink38.gif  653.gif  yes.gif    lol  then that wil be a tour in 2010  2011 2012 and probaly 2013  and in 2007 2009,  they have been busy and amazing at the same time, what do they do in their limited breaks?

Limited breaks???

They were off the entire year of 2009

They toured for four months in 2010 (giving them 8 months off)

They toured for three month in 2011 and possibly spent two months in the studio (giving them 7 months off)

Assuming the tour starts in September along with a couple more months working on getting the album finished up and rehearsals (giving them at least 6 months off for 2012)

That's not exactly a tough schedule.

Yeeeeah, I have to agree with this. As much as I love the guys, they can't be accused of working super hard. They have a *lot* of time between albums and tours. Sure, they do other things in the meantime, but as far as working on Rush, they don't exactly burn the midnight oil anymore.

I complain about Rush live setlists a lot but I have to give them credit for doing a full almost 3 hour show. Iron Maiden is going on tour this summer and have the nerve to charge Rush prices but I hear they only do a standard 2 hour show. I do like their newest album a lot more than Rush's though.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 3 2012, 05:10 AM)

A Chicago date is usually real close to the Indy one.

QUOTE (Apollo @ Mar 5 2012, 04:44 PM)
I complain about Rush live setlists a lot but I have to give them credit for doing a full almost 3 hour show. Iron Maiden is going on tour this summer and have the nerve to charge Rush prices but I hear they only do a standard 2 hour show. I do like their newest album a lot more than Rush's though.

Where did you hear Rush's new album?

Haven't heard the newest Maiden but I have been less than impressed on most of their recent offerings.(other than tracks here and there) The last record I liked a lot was Brave New World which was probably 12 or more years ago. Wait til the Rush album comes out first. I have a feeling it's going to be great.

Iron Maiden is going on tour this summer and have the nerve to charge Rush prices but I hear they only do a standard 2 hour show.

Iron Maiden do Not charge the same as Rush . I paid $150 for floor seats on the TM tour. Maiden is charging anywhere from $80 to $100 for the best seats And they have Alice Cooper with them. Yes they do a 2 hr show , Rush does not do a 3 hr show, if you Don't add the intermission , it's Not 3 hrs

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 5 2012, 09:29 PM)
I complain about Rush live setlists a lot but I have to give them credit for doing a full almost 3 hour show.  Iron Maiden is going on tour this summer and have the nerve to charge Rush prices but I hear they only do a standard 2 hour show.  I do like their newest album a lot more than Rush's though.

Haven't heard the newest Maiden but I have been less than impressed on most of their recent offerings.(other than tracks here and there) The last record I liked a lot was Brave New World which was probably 12 or more years ago. Wait til the Rush album comes out first. I have a feeling it's going to be great.

Maiden isn't touring for a new album this summer. This tour is gonna be a re-creation of the seventh son tour from 1988, so there isn't gonna be any new material played. Besides Rush, you're not gonna see a better show than Iron Maiden. Maiden has earned their place just as much as Rush has and they can charge the same if they choose.