Red Sector A

losingit2k

Will Red Sector A return to the set list?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will Red Sector A return to the set list?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if they limited the amount of CA songs

As much as I love love love love love "Red Sector A", they did play it on the S&A tour, if I'm not mistaken. I agree that I'd really rather have a different P/G song... I'm vying for "The Enemy Within" because while I love all the songs on P/G, that one will always top my list. yes.gif

it might not be a "fun" song to play live, though i think it may fit in with the futurist/apocalyptic theme Clockwork Angels might be taking. The Enemy Within would be really fun, upbeat song to see live again. either one would be awesome, i love them equally.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 1 2012, 07:51 AM)
Afterimage for Andrew M

That ain't gonna happen.

I saw 2.gif on Geddy's birthday and it was barely mentioned, and I saw them when Geddy dedicated a song to John Entwhistle (however it's spelled) with barely a mention.

As private as the guys are, I seriously doubt they are going to on an almost nightly basis bring up the death of a close personal friend. If they bring AI back I doubt it will be with much hoopla.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 1 2012, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 1 2012, 07:51 AM)
Afterimage for Andrew M

That ain't gonna happen.

I saw 2.gif on Geddy's birthday and it was barely mentioned, and I saw them when Geddy dedicated a song to John Entwhistle (however it's spelled) with barely a mention.

As private as the guys are, I seriously doubt they are going to on an almost nightly basis bring up the death of a close personal friend. If they bring AI back I doubt it will be with much hoopla.

Yeah, I don't really think they'd do it and I wouldn't mind if that song were never played again (despite it being a good song). I just thought to mention it.

The safe bet for any tune from GUP to be played would be Distant Early Warning.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 1 2012, 12:59 AM)
As much as I love love love love love "Red Sector A", they did play it on the S&A tour, if I'm not mistaken. I agree that I'd really rather have a different P/G song... I'm vying for "The Enemy Within" because while I love all the songs on P/G, that one will always top my list. yes.gif

Nope the last tour it was performed on was R-30.

Red Sector A is one of my fav's from P/G. Easily a top 3 track on that great album. But I am with many of you and hope we get either Afterimage, The Enemy Within or The Body Electric.

But I would be very happy if Red Sector A was played again. Such a great tune.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 1 2012, 12:07 AM)
Would rather have a different song from GUP. Perhaps Afterimage, Body Electric, or Enemy Within or Kid Gloves for that matter.

Well I too would prefer "Kid Gloves" or "afterimage" rather than "Red Sector A". Hell The solo kid Gloves alone would make my day, its just narly!! Regardless, I know the boys are pretty fond of that song live! I justwanted to ask if TRF thought 2.gif will bring it back after two tours without it!

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Todem @ Mar 1 2012, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 1 2012, 12:59 AM)

Nope the last tour it was performed on was R-30.

Red Sector A is one of my fav's from P/G. Easily a top 3 track on that great album. But I am with many of you and hope we get either Afterimage, The Enemy Within or The Body Electric.

But I would be very happy if Red Sector A was played again. Such a great tune.

Really? Hmmm. Oops. Thanks for the clarification.

Body Electric would be great, too. I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about Red Lenses but I would love to see that one just for Neil's drumming!

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Mar 1 2012, 04:31 PM)
Personally I'm hoping for Middletown Dreams. They haven't played that live in many moons.

I would too, but thats PW, not GuP! Whole other thread!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I don't think they'll play it. There seems to be less and less room for "vault tunes" as the years go by, and Red Sector A got plenty of play over a number of tours in its day. I'd love to hear it, though; it's such a fantastic song. I'd also love to hear The Enemy Within, especially if they play the other Fear tunes too.

One Grace Under Pressure tune I want no part of is The Body Electric. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif GUP really is an album of extremes for me: a bunch of incredible tunes, and a few that I just don't care for.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 1 2012, 11:12 PM)
They probably won't play it but I'd love to hear it along with Kid Gloves.

I've been waiting for Kid Gloves, since I missed the GUP tour!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif