Davy Jones is dead

Rushman14

I used to love the Monkees sad.gif

An official from the medical examiner's office for Martin County, Florida confirmed with TMZ they received a call from Martin Memorial Hospital informing them that Jones had passed away.

Jones is survived by his wife Jessica and 4 daughters from previous marriages. He was 66-years-old.

Jones joined The Monkees in 1965 ... along with Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork ... and together they churned out a bunch of hits including, "Daydream Believer, "Last Train to Clarksville" and "I'm a Believer."

The group was initially cast by TV producers who wanted to create a scripted series about an actual rock n' roll band.

UPDATE -- A rep for Davy tells TMZ the singer died from a heart attack this morning.

Edited by Rushman14

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Feb 29 2012, 12:07 PM)

An official from the medical examiner's office for Martin County, Florida confirmed with TMZ they received a call from Martin Memorial Hospital informing them that Jones had passed away.

Jones is survived by his wife Jessica and 4 daughters from previous marriages. He was 66-years-old.

Jones joined The Monkees in 1965 ... along with Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork ... and together they churned out a bunch of hits including, "Daydream Believer, "Last Train to Clarksville" and "I'm a Believer."

The group was initially cast by TV producers who wanted to create a scripted series about an actual rock n' roll band.

UPDATE -- A rep for Davy tells TMZ the singer died from a heart attack this morning.

No. sad.gif

I used to watch The Monkees on Nickelodeon after school, and of course Davy was my favorite.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 29 2012, 11:26 AM)

No. sad.gif

I used to watch The Monkees on Nickelodeon after school, and of course Davy was my favorite.

I had a man crush on Mickey.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Feb 29 2012, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 29 2012, 11:26 AM)

No. sad.gif

I had a man crush on Mickey.

tongue.gif

I was HUGE into the Monkees for a while. I had posters and my brother's LPs...I even had a copy of the movie they did, which was a hoot.

My best friend at the time gave me tickets to see the reunion tour they did in '87, I think it was. I was 15, so that seems right, if I remember how to add.

Completely in shock right now. The Monkees are one of my favorite groups and my all-time favorite TV show. Davy wasn't my favorite member, but his charm and energy still won me over. So thankful I got to see them live last year...rest in peace, Davy. You've earned it.

sad.gif

Micky Dolenz says he had a feeling something bad was going to happen today ... saying he "had bad dreams all night long" ... only to later learn about the death of his friend Davy Jones. Dolenz released a statement moments ago ... saying, "Can't believe it...Still in shock...had bad dreams all night long."

He added, "My love and prayers go out to Davy's girls and family right now."

Monkees bassist Peter Tork also released a statement about Jones which reads: "It is with great sadness that I reflect on the sudden passing of my long-time friend and fellow-adventurer, David Jones.

His talent will be much missed; his gifts will be with us always. My deepest sympathy to Jessica and the rest of his family.

Adios, to the Manchester Cowboy."

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Feb 29 2012, 02:02 PM)
Who? Whatever, i dont give a shit.

Charming. Thank you for posting!

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 29 2012, 03:08 PM)
QUOTE (Akron162 @ Feb 29 2012, 08:02 PM)

Reprehensible and horrible. Shame on you, Akron .

RIP Davy. I loved my Saturday morning Monkees TV fix.

i dont even know who the monkeys are. i cant feel bad for someone i just knew it existed. maybe i was a little rude, but really, i dont care.

Man, that's a bummer.I was a Monkeys fan back in the day,

from 66-69, from 7 yrs to 10. I think most of America's

kids were. RIP.

ohmy.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Feb 29 2012, 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 29 2012, 03:08 PM)
QUOTE (Akron162 @ Feb 29 2012, 08:02 PM)

Reprehensible and horrible. Shame on you, Akron .

RIP Davy. I loved my Saturday morning Monkees TV fix.

i dont even know who the monkeys are. i cant feel bad for someone i just knew it existed. maybe i was a little rude, but really, i dont care.

I may be going out on a limb here but I'm getting the feeling that you...don't care.

Great, fine, whatever. It's so helpful to have these postings, so that we know to exclude you from the "Former Fans of the Monkees" club meetings.

yes.gif