Which Rush album have you listened to the least?

01GT Eibach

Either COS or HYF, take your pick.

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Mar 1 2012, 01:57 AM)
Rush, Fly by Night and Caress of Steel get very little play with me.

Copy that. The first album I rarely listen to. Fly By night has its "charm" but i must really be in the mood to put it on. COS is, in imo, the first "real" Rush album, but some of the songs makes me going bald.

3 way tie between Roll the Bones, Fly By Night and S&A. Roll the Bones and Fly By Night only have a couple of good songs on them and there are plenty of live versions of those that are better than what is on the album. S&A I just don't like at all.

Probably either the Debut or Vapor Trails.

However, it's hard to judge as I usually listen to most of my Rush in the car...and in the car, I put every single Rush song onto CD's in alphabetical order across 11 CD's.

So, I usually listen to pretty much any song that comes on. Love 'em all! 1022.gif

Roll the Bones and Vapor Trails....

I HATED both when they came out!

RtB I TRIED to listen to, and just couldn't like it except for Dreamline

VT...I didn't like ANY of it when it first came out, but CAN endure the live versions of Secret Touch and Earthshine.

Power Windows and Hold Your Fire are next...not overly enthusiastic about those two either.

The rest seem to make it into the random rotation rather frequently.

There is a pack of many in this race, but Caress of Steel is the one that first came to mind when viewing the thread topic, so I'll go with that.

This brings a sad realization that I can only think of TWO Rush albums that I like from beginning to end and would be up for a full play at any given time: Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures (there are a few more that come close, but they fall into the "have to be in the mood" category).

Considering Rush's talent, it's perplexing that the more you progress thru their catalog (especially when you get into the CD era), the less likely that you'll find an honest-to-goodness epic ALBUM. There are a lot of good-to-great songs here & there, it's just that there's too much filler between them.

However, there is reason for hope: I have a strong hunch that Clockwork Angels will break the trend and become the 2112 of the band's latter efforts.

Strangely enough it might be Moving Pictures even though I think it's one of their best. Probably because I so frequently hear Tom Sawyer, Limelights, and sometimes Red Barchetta on the radio. Caress of Steel and Rush would be in the race too.

And with that being said, Witch Hunt is now stuck in my head.

Test For Echo and Vapor Trails, as full albums. There are songs off of each that I listen to quite often, though.