Question about BU2B artwork

Eikon

QUOTE (druid13 @ Feb 28 2012, 01:32 PM)
Why would I say that...people dressing in pre-revolutionary war clothing pretending to be grassroots while be fully subverted and funded by astro turf sources who happen to believe allowing default is OK with the debt ceiling, want the "guvment hands off mah medicare", would prefer science just 'go away or something' and ask again and again for a birth certificate they have already had access to for quite some time?

No I would not call them foolish.

Well, since you put it that way... z7shysterical.gif

And for the person will will inevitably show up and say "I'm a Tea Partier and I am far more rational than that", just remember... you're aligning yourself with those people. If you don't agree with the statements the party is making, you probably don't belong in the party.

QUOTE (druid13 @ Feb 28 2012, 01:15 PM)
And then...there is this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhN7NfrhtQM

That's actually an interesting video! It shows how much people's perverted beliefs can influence how they see things..

Oh good grief facepalm.gif

This has been posted before but it's worth another look if people are even considering that other crap:

What are the symbols on the new RUSH album?

QUOTE (Eikon @ Feb 27 2012, 02:59 PM)
I have seen plenty of threads debating the symbolism of the pentagram on the 2012 album cover as being satanic or what have you. I have never really bought into any of that thinking, but I did notice something on the BU2B artwork that I think is worth discussing. Note the symbol in the center:
http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/downloads/smartphone360x480/Rush-BU2B.jpg

According to this website, that is the official symbol for Anton La Vey's First Church of Satan in San Francisco, and appears on the cover of the satanic bible. As a corroborating source, this website claims it is referred to as the symbol of Nine Satanic Statements and that its use denotes satanic involvement.

I find it highly strange that this symbol would be used prominently to promote a song that is about being brought up to believe in God but ultimately rejecting him. Personally as a Christian, this doesn't really affect my view on Rush but I do find it a bit disconcerting. Why do you think Rush would choose to use this symbol and what are your thoughts on this subject in general?

please tell me you're not serious

it could be that the satanic church chose he symbol for sulfur because sulfur is closely associated with the devil and hell.

but to then link Rush to satanism is an unjustifiable leap.

I still love whoever among you said he bought the T-shirt with that symbol on it and uses it as a warning that he ate Chinese food that day rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif LOL.gif

But seriously, would a band known for questioning religion (of any kind) really turn around and be part of one? I for one doubt it.