05 - Best Song From A Farewell To Kings

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1251 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• A Farewell To Kings
    • Xanadu
    • Closer to the Heart
    • Cinderella Man
    • Madrigal
    • Cygnux X-1: Book One - The Voyage

'A Farewell To Kings'. So very relevant and timeless.

Cinderalla Man. Geddy wrote the lyrics after watching Mr. Deeds Goes To Town directed by Frank Capra, starring Gary Cooper. Much better than the Adam Sandler version.

I love the lyrics, but really the drums and guitar solo are cool. Title track is number 2 for me.

This is my favorite Rush album. It also has my favorite song on it, Cygnus! This whole album for me just does it. From the popular song Closer To The Heart to Madrigal, it just has it all.

my favorite rush song ever was by far CYGNUS X-1 book one from a farewell to kings and book 2 from hemispere they had a great ideal to release it on two separate albums only rush could come up with that

QUOTE (bardan @ Sep 6 2004, 03:19 AM)
Xanadu, with AFTK coming in second. This is their second best album after Hemispheres! smile.gif

I concur, and mostly for sentimental reason...

I just love the words to aftk., Xanadu is one of the most magical Rush songs ever, and maybe is the best on this LP. But I voted for cygnus x-1...It had me the most excited then when it came out, and ...well , now too.!!..."All who dare to cross her course!!!!!."....Who can tell me a better "Geddy whaling" than that!!??

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 24 2004, 02:19 AM)
XaaaannnaaaadOOOOOOOOoooooo

LOL! I agree with Moon ( and most else here wink.gif ZaaaanaaaahhdooooooOOOOoo new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I love A Farewll To Kings. Definitely one of the best sounding productions on a Rush album (and that is saying a lot). Anyway, my favorite here would be Xanadu. An epic classic!