05 - Best Song From A Farewell To Kings

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1251 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• A Farewell To Kings
    • Xanadu
    • Closer to the Heart
    • Cinderella Man
    • Madrigal
    • Cygnux X-1: Book One - The Voyage

A Farewell to Kings has to be my favorite, just because of the opening Riff when all the instruments come in. There is just something so innocent and free sounding about that part.

Xanadu is great... I always use it to test settings on my Home Theater.

**** the whole album is great!

I voted for the title track. I just love everything about it, although the closing track is not far behind!

Cinderella Man is the best although, obviously it is my favorite studio album and I love all of it. I know I am way in the minority with my pick but that's fine with me.
  • Like 1

I love Cinderella Man. Almost as underrated as Madrigal!

I voted for "Xanadu", which holds the special place in my heart for being the tune that inspired me to pick up the bass guitar.

I never got real GOOD at it....but I picked it up.

• Like 2

Cygnus X-1 has always been my favorite. From the excitingly heavily syncopated section, to Geddy's highest ever note, it's just a blast. Plus, after an album's worth of high fantasy themes and concluded stories and relevant messages, it's nice to have a refreshing slice of mysterious space sci-fi that has no moral but rocks your butt off, then it leaves you wondering hanging on the edge of your seat, and reveals nothing until the next album.

I played the album again tonight, and Cygnus X-1 stood out, as did the title track. Can't really pick, so I will choose to believe AFTK is one long song. Perfection.
  • Like 1

Xanadu is a masterpiece.

Agreed. Gotta be Zanny as one of their masterpieces, it has it all.

The song gives me the chills each and every time I listen to it. If I ever saw them do the complete song in concert, I would surely think I had died and gone to heaven, and would want the moment to last forever and forever. :)

• Like 1

Xanadu is a masterpiece.

The song gives me the chills each and every time I listen to it. If I ever saw them do the complete song in concert, I would surely think I had died and gone to heaven, and would want the moment to last forever and forever. :)

Now yer talking. I can still remember the first time I heard/saw it from ESL and I think I nearly fainted it was so good, lol.

• Like 2

Xanadu is a masterpiece.

Do you have the video of Exit Stage Left? Xanadu on that is very cool.

Speaking of Xanadu, what exactly is Geddy screaming at 9:06 in the song? It sounds like "whoa is it paradise"...?

I think it's "oh was it paradise?"

Speaking of Xanadu, what exactly is Geddy screaming at 9:06 in the song? It sounds like "whoa is it paradise"...?

I think it's "oh was it paradise?"

Ah...that makes sense. Thanks.

Xanadu is a masterpiece.

Do you have the video of Exit Stage Left? Xanadu on that is very cool.

Yes. ESL is, for that fact, my favorite live concert DVD. Xanadu, and Alex and his little red shoes.

Edited by Lorraine