05 - Best Song From A Farewell To Kings

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1251 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• A Farewell To Kings
    • Xanadu
    • Closer to the Heart
    • Cinderella Man
    • Madrigal
    • Cygnux X-1: Book One - The Voyage

Oh man, Cygnus X-1 easily. Haha, when I was around 14 I played it over and over again jamming along with a tennis racket, strainng my voice to keep up with Geddy. "spinning, whirling, still descending, like a spiral sea, UNENDING, sound and fury, drowns my heart, every nerve, is TORN APART!

I am really not a fan of live stuff, but I really like the version of cygnus x-1 on the black forest 1979 hemispheres bootleg. I've been hearing it played on rush radio many times and the more I hear it, the more I like it. I find it even a hell of a lot better than the studio version on A Farewell To Kings album. It seems to have more atmosphere live than studio. What do you think? Is it just me or do you feel the same way?

Xanadu.

Any Uk members old enough to remember the live clip on the Old Grey Whistle Test?

Awesome.

Xanadu all the way.

I really very much love the lyrics to Madrigal, but I think the instrumentals sound really weird.

Without a doubt, Cygnus X-1. That song alone inspired me to write a concept album about comsic phenomena. 1022.gif

very close call here, how can you choose between Cygnus X-1 and Xanadu?! had to choose Xanadu in the end