• Dislike it
    • Indifferent to it
    • Like it
    • Love it

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indifferent. Too much of the same, with too little variation between songs. But the songs themselves aren't awful...just boring. The riff at 3:18 of Peaceable Kingdom might be my favorite Alex riff ever though. As well as that riff in Secret Touch...you know the one.

I like One Little Victory, Peaceable Kingdom, Vapor Trail, Earthshine, Sweet Miracle, and Freeze but I never have any urge to listen to them.

Edited by GrandDesigner

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 25 2012, 11:27 AM)
Why did you start another thread when there is one just like it and have been many VT threads lately? Do you have an agenda? Love VT 1022.gif

My "agenda" was stopping people from misinterpreting the results of the other poll to fit their own bias.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Feb 25 2012, 12:42 PM)
Why did you start another thread when there is one just like it and have been many VT threads lately? Do you have an agenda? Love VT 1022.gif

My "agenda" was stopping people from misinterpreting the results of the other poll to fit their own bias.

Who's misinterpreting? It's obvious more people like it than dislike it.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 25 2012, 12:47 PM)

Te people who say that 85% of the respondents in the previous poll like VT by including the 30% who dislike it because of the sound quality.

QUOTE (SlyJeff @ Feb 25 2012, 02:00 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 25 2012, 12:47 PM)

Te people who say that 85% of the respondents in the previous poll like VT by including the 30% who dislike it because of the sound quality.

See my answer to you in the "other" VT poll! wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 25 2012, 11:47 AM)

That poll was a measure of why people dislike it. This one is a measure of how many people like/dislike it. Two completely seperate ideas.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Feb 25 2012, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Feb 25 2012, 11:47 AM)

That poll was a measure of why people dislike it. This one is a measure of how many people like/dislike it. Two completely seperate ideas.

I agree. I think this poll is even more valid than the last because there is no ambiguity.

Fairly indifferent. I never listen to it; why should I when I can listen to something much better.

If anything, it's disappointing because they're capable of so much more, as I believe we'll find out in May.

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Feb 25 2012, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 26 2012, 01:17 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Feb 25 2012, 03:15 PM)
Hate.
A muddy clueless mess.

cool.gif

So, what did you vote? The suspense is killing me! laugh.gif

Oh, what's life without a little mystery! All you have to do is take a look at my member title to know...

QUOTE (TheAccountant @ Feb 25 2012, 06:16 PM)
Voted for hate it. Trust me, I wish that was not the case but it is. I hope that someday my feelings for it will change but at the moment that is my reaction to it.

sad.gif

Something about it just not add up for you?

QUOTE (goose @ Feb 26 2012, 05:45 AM)
QUOTE (TheAccountant @ Feb 25 2012, 06:16 PM)
Voted for hate it.  Trust me, I wish that was not the case but it is.  I hope that someday my feelings for it will change but at the moment that is my reaction to it.

sad.gif

Something about it just not add up for you?

rofl3.gif

If there's a worse pun than that in 2012 I'll eat my copy of Vapor Trails.

heart.gif wub.gif heart.gif

I've really grown to love it since adding it to my latest ipod batch of music (reminds me, I need to change to a new batch soon). Out of my whopping 2 gigs of music (about 14 random albums), Vapor Trails (and Geddy's My Favorite Headache) is the only selection of songs that I'm not skipping. Each time one of those babies pops up I'm in a little bit of music heaven.

Vapor Trails is probably in my top three Rush albums, and the more I listen to it, the more I like it. I've found it interesting, too, how my favourite album songs have changed since first hearing it: first song that grabbed me was 'Ghost Rider', then 'Earthshine', then 'Peaceable Kingdom', then 'Ceiling Unlimited' (and I made a whole thread about that song!), and now 'Freeze' and 'How It Is'.