Clothes

Tick

I need someone to work on a Starman mumu or a Starman dashiki....

My dress code at work is, shall we say, very relaxed. Basically it's "please don't come to work naked.'' So it's jeans and a nice polo for me, or in the winter, sweaters. Occasionally I'll wear a Rush t-shirt, of course!

A co-worker and good friend once came in in her pajamas and robe. She'd planned to just come in, grab her computer, and go work from home, but ended up staying most of the morning. It was hilarious because no one noticed for about an hour! And no one cared, though we still tease her about it. Girl gets shit done and is an awesome worker.

If I ever showed up at work all dressed up, it would be because I have a job interview elsewhere on my lunch break!

Last year when I was on holiday there was an American woman there who was walking around in VERY casual clothes--patterned t-shirt, comic character pajama pants, colorful socks, and silly slippers. It's one thing to wear something like that as a joke while on vacation, but she said those were her work clothes. And she was a loan officer at a bank. Really? :eh: :facepalm:

Please people, have some self-respect. I've seen three-year-olds who dress themselves better.

• Like 2

My dress code at work is, shall we say, very relaxed. Basically it's "please don't come to work naked.'' So it's jeans and a nice polo for me, or in the winter, sweaters. Occasionally I'll wear a Rush t-shirt, of course!

A co-worker and good friend once came in in her pajamas and robe. She'd planned to just come in, grab her computer, and go work from home, but ended up staying most of the morning. It was hilarious because no one noticed for about an hour! And no one cared, though we still tease her about it. Girl gets shit done and is an awesome worker.

If I ever showed up at work all dressed up, it would be because I have a job interview elsewhere on my lunch break!

Last year when I was on holiday there was an American woman there who was walking around in VERY casual clothes--patterned t-shirt, comic character pajama pants, colorful socks, and silly slippers. It's one thing to wear something like that as a joke while on vacation, but she said those were her work clothes. And she was a loan officer at a bank. Really? :eh: :facepalm:

Please people, have some self-respect. I've seen three-year-olds who dress themselves better.

Garanimals?... :)
  • Like 3

It's a jacked up world sista!

• Like 3

People judge, so dress appropriately. Dress how you want to be perceived. At least dress as if you care about your appearance. Make sure clothes are clean and not wrinkled. Have some pride in the way you look, you know?

• Like 5

People judge, so dress appropriately. Dress how you want to be perceived. At least dress as if you care about your appearance. Make sure clothes are clean and not wrinkled. Have some pride in the way you look, you know?

:goodone:

• Like 2

My sort-of SO, he of the sharply tailored suits that make me drool with lust, does not pay nearly as much attention to his weekend attire. As in, I've seen him in a vividly colored orange shirt, red shorts, and neon green socks. He noticed my raised eyebrows and said, "I'm making a statement." Yeah, and that statement would be, "I dress in the dark"???? But his personality matches his crazy loud clothing, so he can get away with it.

• Like 1

But you know, there are people who will judge you negatively no matter what you wear.

I hate buying them these days,

Nothing ever fits right. Can I go back to the 70's please? :codger: :LOL:

Lol, totally! I'm nearly 50 and I still have the classic '70's rockstar build. Skinny. So it's Levi's Boot Cut jeans for me, I like Carharts, great for working outside and motorcycle riding. T-shirts, tank tops, shorts. I have a few nice button up and Hawaiian shirts. Bringing the bandannas back out, since I'm letting my hair grow back. Great for keeping it out of my face. None of my footwear has laces.

• Like 1

:goodone:

This would not make friends in Bellingham. They dress like they just woke up or have been camping all week. They need a bath and learn how to use a comb. I've gotten bad looks from people when I go downtown.

• Like 1

I hate buying them these days,

Nothing ever fits right. Can I go back to the 70's please? :codger: :LOL:

Lol, totally! I'm nearly 50 and I still have the classic '70's rockstar build. Skinny. So it's Levi's Boot Cut jeans for me, I like Carharts, great for working outside and motorcycle riding. T-shirts, tank tops, shorts. I have a few nice button up and Hawaiian shirts. Bringing the bandannas back out, since I'm letting my hair grow back. Great for keeping it out of my face. None of my footwear has laces.

I have had a Kohl's gift card for almost two years,

Thats how bad it is for me as far as buying new clothes. :P

• Like 1

Who here goes commando on a regular basis? **raises hand**. I used to think it would be weird and uncomfortable, but in fact found for me that it's just the opposite. Especially in summer - the less clothing I have on, the more comfortable I am.

Pretty much the only time I'm not commando is if I'm wearing a skirt or if it's shark week.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 3

Who here goes commando on a regular basis? **raises hand**. I used to think it would be weird and uncomfortable, but in fact found for me that it's just the opposite. Especially in summer - the less clothing I have on, the more comfortable I am.

Pretty much the only time I'm not commando is if I'm wearing a skirt or if it's shark week.

I used to but I haven't done that in a long time. I really like panty shopping. I have so many. So, so many. And they're very cute. Bras too. Never go commando on top.

• Like 1

I used to but I haven't done that in a long time. I really like panty shopping. I have so many. So, so many. And they're very cute. Bras too. Never go commando on top.

Pictures?

Just kidding. :P

• Like 1

Like the people at Walmart. I came up with a new name for "The People of Walmart".

Walmartians

• Like 2

Old school punker here, so my civies are rock t shirts and camo shorts or cargo shorts. Shirts come from concerts...like, I have litterally never bought a t shirt other than at a concert, or biking event. Pants from Kohls or thrift store. Last time I bought shorts was 7 or 8 years ago. I only own 2 pairs of Levi's jeans since I wear shorts in the winter time as well. I like to dress comfortable, and am not usually worried about what I look like

The most "indulgent" I guess I am is in my Chuck Taylor shoe collection. this is definitely in homage to Geddy!!! I have over 70 pairs in differnt colors or patterns. Hi tops only. Now, probably 30 of them are from the late 70's to late 80's when they were cheap. The "pre-Nike" Chuck's. Most of them have been B-day or Christmas gifts since then. More than half have duct tape covering holes or keeping soles on. I also have my 17 year old Doc Martens....and my Teva's for camping

I have 2 jackets: my Ohio State Hockey hoodie that my friend gave me in 97, and my black army flight jacket that I also got in the late 90's. Both are covered in punk band patches, buttons etc...I also still have my thrasher 80's jeans jacket wit hthe Iron Maiden back patch, and all of the buttons from that era. It is covered in spikes and chains. I wear that sometimes as well....

I am a teacher, so I (unfortunately) have to wear dress clothes to work. As far as these go, I always hit Kohls. Levi's are the only pants that I feel comfprtable in - it has been this way for 30+ years, so I buy them b/c of that. Not b/c of the name. So it is Dockers for dress pants. Shirts are whatever broadcloth no iron shirt I like the color of. I thnik I have 7 pairs of pants and about 9 dress shirts. Granted...the last time I bought a new shirt or pant was 4 years ago. I tend to wear clothes out.

So, the only brand I seek out is Chuck Taylor. I definitely spend more time and buy for a brand with my hockey gear then my clothes.

Edited by sxetnrdrmr

I was at my mom's house recently helping her to clean out That Closet - you know, the one with stuff that no one knows what to do with. We found my rubber skirt that I purchased 20 years ago. I was going through a slightly snotty rebellious phase at the time, and wore that skirt with Doc Martens and an old ripped Sex Pistols sweatshirt to Christmas dinner at my dad's, along with a glue-on nose stud.

Rambo? :P