Clothes

Tick

Speaking of socks, I have to start tying pairs together. Looking in my drawer today, I had about 20 individual socks looking for their partner in crime. Maybe I should just buy the same exact ones all the time then it won't really matter.

I think too many young people wear clothes that are too tight. Girls in particular, and especially if they're overweight and things are spilling over. It's just not attractive. I guess they think if they buy something two sizes too small that it'll make them look thinner? Sorry, no. :LOL:

Too tight?

The ones I see need to pull up there fu***** pants! :LOL:

I see that a lot on boys and men but the girls tend to wear low cut pants and shirts with flab hanging over the top.

• Like 1

I think too many young people wear clothes that are too tight. Girls in particular, and especially if they're overweight and things are spilling over. It's just not attractive. I guess they think if they buy something two sizes too small that it'll make them look thinner? Sorry, no. :LOL:

Too tight?

The ones I see need to pull up there fu***** pants! :LOL:

I see that a lot on boys and men but the girls tend to wear low cut pants and shirts with flab hanging over the top.

Yep,

I should have said the boys/men. :D

I love to see both men and women dressed smartly and sharply! Love men in three piece suits, or a nice pair of slacks and shirt. Women I am seeing more and more in skirts and dresses, and it is refreshing.

The only places I shop at are used clothing stores. I am a small size and there are a lot of quality clothes in that size available to me. I've gotten beautiful woolen skirts - one was even custom made to fit whoever had it and it just fits me...as long as I don't eat anything when I am wearing it. :LOL: Whether you love them or hate them, my husband brought me home of pair of Ugghs he found in one thrift store and they fit perfectly.

If I shop for new clothes in a place I can afford to shop in, they look like heck after a few washings, and fall apart within a year or less.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Just because one can squeeze into something does not mean one should wear it. I hate seeing women wear a tight pair of pants with tummy overflow. It would be far more attractive and flattering if they understood how to wear appropriate fitting clothes.

Spandex is a privilege not a right!

• Like 2

Just because one can squeeze into something does not mean one should wear it. I hate seeing women wear a tight pair of pants with tummy overflow. It would be far more attractive and flattering if they understood how to wear appropriate fitting clothes.

I agree with this but yoga pants seem to have some kind of magical qualities about them I must admit. Been my experience anyway... :codger:

I agree with this but yoga pants seem to have some kind of magical qualities about them I must admit. Been my experience anyway... :codger:

Only for Aladdin. :D

• Like 1

How tight are your jeans??

Mine? They're not. I'm not 12. :P

• Like 1

What kind of jeans do you wear?

Lee

• Like 1

There is something about yoga pants. My ass looks about 10 times better in yoga pants than in jeans! Or I feel as if that's the case, anyway.

• Like 1

And skinny jeans aren't for everyone! I realize they're all the rage right now, but they really only look good on a certain body type - tall with long slim legs. I am short with muscular athletic legs. I look like a fire hydrant in skinny jeans.

I've often noted that Geddy Lee is just about the only 60-something man who can rock skinny jeans. They do flatter him.

Lee

I always find that Lee jeans are always a little bit smaller size for size than other brands.

Lee

I always find that Lee jeans are always a little bit smaller size for size than other brands.

Really? They just seem to fit me for some reason. Wrangler is another brand I wear.

There is something about yoga pants. My ass looks about 10 times better in yoga pants than in jeans! Or I feel as if that's the case, anyway.

Case in point. I have seen many ladies at the gym who I swear wouldn't have an @ss worth looking at in jeans or slacks but the yoga pants seems to sculpt it somehow into something worthy of consideration. BTW Mara yours looks fine in jeans as well. I couldn't say that Monday but can now with the utmost confidence... :cheers: :)
  • Like 1

I've often noted that Geddy Lee is just about the only 60-something man who can rock skinny jeans. They do flatter him.

When I saw the Time Machine tour it was the first time in many years I had seen Rush. And my quote of the evening was "This is the first time in my life I've said this about a 60 year old guy, but Geddy's ass looks great!"

• Like 1

I was just wearing a suit and tie yesterday. First time in a little while for that.

A year or two ago, I used to frequently wear dress shirts and pants and a tie to work. And not because it's required- it's definitely not. In fact, I got more strange looks there than anything else when I did that. So eventually, I just stopped doing it.

I definitely didn't start a trend or anything. :LOL: No one cared.

• Like 1

I really like nice, comfortable, well made clothes. Especially jeans and hoodies. All I ever wear are jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie. 70% of my t-shirts are band t-shirts (mostly Rush) and my Rush Kings Hoodie is my favourite piece of clothing ever. I also really like the Rush t-shirts sold by Danforth and Pape (check them out on Facebook) which are original and really well made.

The only time I'm not wearing jeans, t-shirt and hoodie are when it's too warm or in my school uniform, which, can only be summed up as http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/vomit.gif

My dress code at work is, shall we say, very relaxed. Basically it's "please don't come to work naked.'' So it's jeans and a nice polo for me, or in the winter, sweaters. Occasionally I'll wear a Rush t-shirt, of course!

A co-worker and good friend once came in in her pajamas and robe. She'd planned to just come in, grab her computer, and go work from home, but ended up staying most of the morning. It was hilarious because no one noticed for about an hour! And no one cared, though we still tease her about it. Girl gets shit done and is an awesome worker.

If I ever showed up at work all dressed up, it would be because I have a job interview elsewhere on my lunch break!

Edited by Mara

I dress very casual anymore. T-shirts most of the time (Rush half the time) and sweats or jeans in the winter. I have alot of workout clothes and shoes. I never wear my workout shoes anywhere but to the gym. I have Sambas that I wear out and about most of the time. I also just got a pair comfortable casual Sonoma brand shoes to wear around when I don't feel like wearing the Sambas. Now it is shorts and t-shirts as the weather has warmed some. I have plenty of nice button up shirts and nice slacks too but rarely feel the need to wear them or have an occasion to... :codger: Edited by Narps

I dress very casual anymore. T-shirts most of the time (Rush half the time) and sweats or jeans in the winter. I have alot of workout clothes and shoes. I never wear my workout shoes anywhere but to the gym. I have Sambas that I wear out and about most of the time. I also just got a pair comfortable casual Sonoma brand shoes to wear around when I don't feel like wearing the Sambas. Now it is shorts and t-shirts as the weather has warmed some. I have plenty of nice button up shirts and nice slacks too but rarely feel the need to wear them or have an occasion to... :codger:

What are Sambas?

I dress very casual anymore. T-shirts most of the time (Rush half the time) and sweats or jeans in the winter. I have alot of workout clothes and shoes. I never wear my workout shoes anywhere but to the gym. I have Sambas that I wear out and about most of the time. I also just got a pair comfortable casual Sonoma brand shoes to wear around when I don't feel like wearing the Sambas. Now it is shorts and t-shirts as the weather has warmed some. I have plenty of nice button up shirts and nice slacks too but rarely feel the need to wear them or have an occasion to... :codger:

What are Sambas?

The black Adidas shoes with white stripes. They are used for indoor soccer I guess but I have always worn them as casual shoes. I have had many pair over the years...

What are Sambas?

The black Adidas shoes with white stripes. They are used for indoor soccer I guess but I have always worn them as casual shoes. I have had many pair over the years...

Oh okay. I looked them up and I recognize those. :)