Clothes

Tick

I'm a big fan of Kohls. I get 30% off coupons all the time and that's when I go shopping. Monday I spent $186 and saved $387. I got a pair of levis, 2 pair of converse a pair of Nikes, 2 Tony Hawk fur lined hoodies, a t-shirt for my son and 3 shirts for my daughter, plus 2 pairs of tights for her. The converse alone would've cost me $100 at the mall.

The only designer I will look for is Candies jeans because they fit my small size. Even then, I will only buy them when they are on sale and I have a discount coupon.

• Like 2

I swear by Levi's 514 Slim Straight jeans. Beyond that, whatever is cheap and comfortable. Most of what i wear day to day is plain and boring, i have a handful of band t-shirts and occasionally I'll wear a button-down shirt. My shoes are some off-brand sneakers that I bought a few years ago that are falling apart. For most of the year I wear flip-flops anyway (except when I'm driving).

Literarily all my clothes right now (except for my Rush shirt) are from Nike and American Eagle Outfitters. Shoe brands matter, too. I have Nike sneakers, slide sandals, and flip-flops and 2 pairs of Vans. Edited by Super25Smasher

Clothes are a necessary evil. My wife buys pretty much all of my clothes. Otherwise I would still be wearing stone washed jeans, hightops and concert T-shirts like I did when we met.

I have to wear nice clothes for work and I just feel uncomfortable doing so.

This is/was me.

My fashion idea used to be: look down at myself before leaving the house, make sure I have enough clothes on to cover all necessary parts. If yes, leave the house; if no, put on more clothes.

I graduated to 95% wearing shorts 90%, when I wasn't at work, and Hawaiian shirts ( I had about 25 of them).

Then I met Sunny and she makes sure I am dressed well all the time.

• Like 2

^^^ This. I hit the local thrift stores for certain items. I have found some amazing deals on purses. I get dresses, skirts and tops from thrift stores. Always buy name brand items and I save a TON of cash which goes to spending extra on items like designer jeans.

I don't care about brands, really. I don't believe that you have to any particular company's logo on your clothing in order to look good.

I also dress almost the same, from season to season (except when it comes to shoes, because I wear sandals when it's warm enough- but not in the snow :LOL: ). I wear lots of button-down shirts and jeans- but the button-down shirts are never tucked in. In the winter I'll wear sweaters, and in the summer, I don't. But one thing I just about never, ever wear is shorts. It can be 90-100 F and I'll still have my legs covered. I just don't enjoy wearing shorts at all.

I go clothes shopping about once every other year or so. And shoes, even less often than that. I usually get eight years out of a pair of shoes. (And the sandals I have now, I've had for fifteen. But I've had them re-soled a couple of times).

Literarily all my clothes right now (except for my Rush shirt) are from Nike and American Eagle Outfitters. Shoe brands matter, too. I have Nike sneakers, slide sandals, and flip-flops and 2 pairs of Vans.

The best places for Nike discounts (other than outlets) are JC Penney's and Kohls.

I hate the clothes of today. They have clothes for teens and for octogenarians and nothing in the middle.

Maybe it's just where I live.

We should all just wear mu-mus and be done with it. Get yer Rush mu-mu here.

Mu-Mu Nation!

• Like 1

I hate the clothes of today. They have clothes for teens and for octogenarians and nothing in the middle.

Maybe it's just where I live.

We should all just wear mu-mus and be done with it. Get yer Rush mu-mu here.

Mu-Mu Nation!

I've certainly experienced this; however, I'm a firm believer in wearing what you're comfortable in... to a point. I don't want to see an older woman shopping for clothes in the junior department. Right now, I can usually be found in skirts (perfect for summer - I feel like I can't exactly rock the shorts) and a plain t shirt. I've found cute styles in lots of different shops. But when it comes to clothes, for me, I much prefer simple. I can't do "fussy" clothes.

I think too many young people wear clothes that are too tight. Girls in particular, and especially if they're overweight and things are spilling over. It's just not attractive. I guess they think if they buy something two sizes too small that it'll make them look thinner? Sorry, no. :LOL:
  • Like 2

I think too many young people wear clothes that are too tight. Girls in particular, and especially if they're overweight and things are spilling over. It's just not attractive. I guess they think if they buy something two sizes too small that it'll make them look thinner? Sorry, no. :LOL:

Just because one can squeeze into something does not mean one should wear it. I hate seeing women wear a tight pair of pants with tummy overflow. It would be far more attractive and flattering if they understood how to wear appropriate fitting clothes.

• Like 3

Just because one can squeeze into something does not mean one should wear it. I hate seeing women wear a tight pair of pants with tummy overflow. It would be far more attractive and flattering if they understood how to wear appropriate fitting clothes.

I see that a LOT with girls in middle/high school. I don't who's keeping an eye on what they wear to school but it's obviously not a mature adult.

Too tight?

The ones I see need to pull up there fu***** pants! :LOL:

One of the funniest - and grossest and saddest - things I have ever encountered was our CFO in a pair of Daisy Dukes. I feel sort of bad for even telling this story, because she is so sweet and would do anything for anyone. But she has zero sense when it comes to wardrobe (and this is coming from someone who hardly qualifies as a fashionista herself).

She is in her 60's and overweight. Her thighs, OMG her thighs - you could have served soup in the cellulite craters. It looked like the surface of the moon. There were so many levels of wrong going on there.

I do love a man who dresses sharply. Current sort-of SO has to wear suits to work, and just about everything he has is custom tailored. The first time I saw him in his work attire I almost wet the floor.

• Like 2

One of the funniest - and grossest and saddest - things I have ever encountered was our CFO in a pair of Daisy Dukes. I feel sort of bad for even telling this story, because she is so sweet and would do anything for anyone. But she has zero sense when it comes to wardrobe (and this is coming from someone who hardly qualifies as a fashionista herself).

She is in her 60's and overweight. Her thighs, OMG her thighs - you could have served soup in the cellulite craters. It looked like the surface of the moon. There were so many levels of wrong going on there.

I do love a man who dresses sharply. Current sort-of SO has to wear suits to work, and just about everything he has is custom tailored. The first time I saw him in his work attire I almost wet the floor.

What about a guy in his fishing waders? :P

I've said this before and I will say it a million times over... a man in a nice suit does to a woman what lingerie does to a man. If a guy ever wants a dose of female attention, just put on a nicely tailored suit and walk around. Women will flock.

Now, as for your CFO... oh dear. You still need to do a full body mirror check before leaving the house. There's one thing to have body confidence but be realistic about your appearance. People will judge. And go on message boards years later recounting the time they could have eaten soup out of your meaty thigh dimples. ;)

• Like 2

I've said this before and I will say it a million times over... a man in a nice suit does to a woman what lingerie does to a man. If a guy ever wants a dose of female attention, just put on a nicely tailored suit and walk around. Women will flock.

Now, as for your CFO... oh dear. You still need to do a full body mirror check before leaving the house. There's one thing to have body confidence but be realistic about your appearance. People will judge. And go on message boards years later recounting the time they could have eaten soup out of your meaty thigh dimples. ;)

Oh, it was painful to see. The funniest part was the reaction from my boss at the time. She and I were standing at my desk redlining some plans; we had our heads down, totally engrossed in what we were doing. Boss happened to glance up just as CFO paraded by in her Daisy Dukes. "Oh my fu.cking God!" flew out of her mouth before she could stop it - and she is LOUD! Fortunately CFO didn't catch on that her appearance was the reason for the epithet.

• Like 1

Oh, it was painful to see. The funniest part was the reaction from my boss at the time. She and I were standing at my desk redlining some plans; we had our heads down, totally engrossed in what we were doing. Boss happened to glance up just as CFO paraded by in her Daisy Dukes. "Oh my fu.cking God!" flew out of her mouth before she could stop it - and she is LOUD! Fortunately CFO didn't catch on that her appearance was the reason for the epithet.

You should have said, "Does anybody have some Campbell's and a spoon?" :LOL:

• Like 1

You should have said, "Does anybody have some Campbell's and a spoon?" :LOL:

You two are seriously ruining soup for me.