Is it just me..?

FountainOfSyrinx

I love the song so much, but it sounds a tad odd live (this isn't a TMT Live DVD hate post)..

the chorus especially.. it sounds like Alex and Neil don't exactly match up.. I really feel alone on this one.. it sounds just fine on the Studio Version..

AM I GOING INSANE? sad.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Feb 20 2012, 11:48 PM)
Seek Help and fast!

wacko.gif

i did hit my head earlier... i was just listening to it and trying to play along to a live version.. and i was like WTF. oh man. ill call the doctor.

I havent listened to bu2b since oct, It may grow on me but I thought it was ok, Caravan I have listened to recently, I really love that song loved it live and love it now

QUOTE (Echoes @ Feb 25 2012, 11:08 PM)
I actually found Caravan and BU2B to be two of the strongest songs they played on the TM tour. They played them so fiercely.

yes.gif

Sometimes with new RUSH I don't always like it at first,then I will listen to it a few more times and hear things and say Wow! I didn't notive that before,this is really friggin great how the hell did I miss that , I love this song smile.gif happens all the time

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Feb 20 2012, 11:39 PM)
I love the song so much, but it sounds a tad odd live (this isn't a TMT Live DVD hate post)..

the chorus especially.. it sounds like Alex and Neil don't exactly match up.. I really feel alone on this one.. it sounds just fine on the Studio Version..

AM I GOING INSANE?  sad.gif

It doesn't seem perfect, does it. I saw the Camden NJ '10 tour and felt it was perfect- they had more than nailed it. Better than the record, which is great IMO. It seemed slightly less than perfect in Cleveland, which is slightly unfortunate.

Geddy kinda enters a tad late during the "The caravan thunders onward

To the distant dream of the city" line. So it swings a bit, which I still don't like.

I find Caravan to be REALLY sloppy on the Cleveland release. But PT sloppy, so it's not horrible, but we're used to them nailing it all the time. Oh well.

Gotta say, I do know what you mean. The Cleveland version just doesn't seem quite as focused as the studio version - maybe due to Alex not quite nailing it that night? I too am not really a fan of the way Geddy sings the "Caravan thunders onward" bit live. And while I think Neil totally nails it, his drums being lower in the mix than the studio version takes some of the "oomph" out of the song too. So maybe those reasons some up what you're saying?

QUOTE (Drummerrobin @ Apr 5 2012, 11:18 AM)
Gotta say, I do know what you mean. The Cleveland version just doesn't seem quite as focused as the studio version - maybe due to Alex not quite nailing it that night? I too am not really a fan of the way Geddy sings the "Caravan thunders onward" bit live. And while I think Neil totally nails it, his drums being lower in the mix than the studio version takes some of the "oomph" out of the song too. So maybe those reasons some up what you're saying?

It just sounds awkward to me.. it still does! Even though i posted this a month and a half ago.