Out of Rush's More Recent Tours...

Drummerrobin

Which Setlist is Your Favourite?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which Setlist is Your Favourite?

• Vapor Trails Tour 1 (with BSaM, VS and CU)
    • Vapor Trails Tour 2 (with The Trees, Freewill, CttH and GR)
    • R30 Tour
    • Snakes and Arrows Tour (1st Leg)
    • Snakes and Arrows Tour (2nd Leg)
    • Time Machine Tour

My fave is Vapor Trails 2 - not only has it got a great line up of songs, but I think it's also got a great flow. I especially love the LVS/TSoR combo at the end of the main set - it just feels so... right!

My least favourite is probably R30 - too many covers and not enough originality imo.

Whada you think?

Edited by Drummerrobin

Got to go with Time Machine. They played songs that I always thought were impossible to play live (Camera Eye, La Villa Strangiatto, Marathon, etc) and then freak'n owned them! Also, it was my fist Rush Concert! And, who did not like the Polka intro to La Villa Strangiatto!?

QUOTE (Drummerrobin @ Feb 18 2012, 08:05 PM)
My fave is Vapor Trails 2 - not only has it got a great line up of songs, but I think it's also got a great flow. I especially love the LVS/TSoR combo at the end of the main set - it just feels so... right!

My least favourite is probably R30 - too many covers and not enough originality imo.

Whada you think?

Like many of you, I saw all these shows. VT2 gets my vote for sure. Saw both of those VT sets, and the VS2 ruled. Probably doesn't hurt that it was the perfect night at the Gorge - no wind, amazing sunset, great crowd, the Dragon.

Since I didn't see the others, I had to vote for Time Machine. Even knowing the set lists for the others, I still choose TM. It was as close to perfection as can be, IMO.

R30...Covers or not they were songs done by 2.gif not to mention I'd never heard them, or seen them play them before which was refreshing.

Not to mention the rest of the set list, the video and the whole 30th anniversary thingy...oh yeah and that I was 5th row on THE 30th anniversary show July 29, 2004....What a great night on a great tour.

QUOTE (goose @ Feb 18 2012, 07:50 PM)

Whada you think?

Like many of you, I saw all these shows. VT2 gets my vote for sure. Saw both of those VT sets, and the VS2 ruled. Probably doesn't hurt that it was the perfect night at the Gorge - no wind, amazing sunset, great crowd, the Dragon.

I was at that show too, row 30ish dead center. Really was a very magical night. Last year's TM show was too. Same weather....just perfect and last show of the tour so the guys were really working it.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 19 2012, 12:15 AM)

Whada you think?

I was at that show too, row 30ish dead center. Really was a very magical night. Last year's TM show was too. Same weather....just perfect and last show of the tour so the guys were really working it.

trink39.gif

Didn't catch TM at the Gorge. The tour prior...S&A...was that the wind storm show? Man was that a bummer...

QUOTE (goose @ Feb 18 2012, 10:34 PM)

Whada you think?

trink39.gif

Didn't catch TM at the Gorge. The tour prior...S&A...was that the wind storm show? Man was that a bummer...

Yeah I think so but I saw both legs of SnA in Portland (Ridgefield) so I don't know for sure. Did you see TM? If so, where?

Edited by driventotheedge

Snakes 2007.

Limelight

Digital Man

Entre Nous

Mission

Out of the gate. Are you kidding me!

Then we still got

Circumstances

Natural Science

Between the Wheels (even better on this tour compared to R-30)

Witch Hunt (had not been played in a long time till this tour)

And I loved the Snakes stuff live. Armor and Sword and TWTWB were epic.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 19 2012, 01:08 AM)

Whada you think?

trink39.gif

Yeah I think so but I saw both legs of SnA in Portland (Ridgefield) so I don't know for sure. Did you see TM? If so, where?

Saw TM at SleepCenter last summer...second leg. That was a good show.

I just realized that I picked the classic Gorge show over my Reno front-row experience from '07. That's how much I loved that Gorge show.

EDIT: I'd take the T4E setlist over all of these though. Full 2112, wasn't it?

Edited by goose

I loved the Snakes And Arrows setlists. It's hard for me to choose between them because aside from being the tour on which I fell in love, the first leg had Entre Nous and Distant Early Warning, two of my favourite Rush songs from before I liked Rush, but the second leg had Red Barchetta which I never liked before and grew to love, and the 2112 Overture, which to me is the peak concert experience.

QUOTE (goose @ Feb 19 2012, 08:30 AM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 19 2012, 01:08 AM)

Whada you think?

trink39.gif

Saw TM at SleepCenter last summer...second leg. That was a good show.

I just realized that I picked the classic Gorge show over my Reno front-row experience from '07. That's how much I loved that Gorge show.

EDIT: I'd take the T4E setlist over all of these though. Full 2112, wasn't it?

Yes, 2112 in its entirety and it was freakin' GOOD!! Of course it didn't hurt that I like a lot of the T4E album, unlike a lot of folks here. I saw both legs. First leg was the last time I've seen the guys indoors.

Edited by driventotheedge

Tough one.

All I can tell you is that R30 was my least favorite (Though I loved being there on 8/14/2004. Between The Wheels almost makes up for it.)

The rest were pretty awesome to me.

I also prefer the first leg sets to differences in the second leg sets where applicable.

That's as far as I can go with this...

You should've included T4E, then we could vote over all of the Evening With Rush tours. I loved them all, but Time Machine was definitely my least favorite, simply because they didn't pull out many surprises except Presto, Time Stand Still and Marathon (all of which I loved and actually predicted they would play). And I nearly hated hearing Faithless; they played so much of S&A on the previous tour, and then decided to bring out one of the inferior tracks for this setlist. They should have played Enemy Within.

I am biased because they opened the R30 tour here in Nashvegas. I had no idea what the set list would be and I was continually blown away by how good they were on the first show. I had just met Alex briefly and shook his hand a couple of days before. It was MAGIC.

Objectively I have to say that the set list was extremely comprehensive and crowd pleasing to the casual fan and fanboi alike.

That was a tough one to answer just based on set list. I chose R30 and while I could do without any of the covers from Feedback, I just love that concert. I always HATED medleys until the R30 Overture and I just freaking love the way they mixed those songs together so perfectly. That was amazing.

But I also loved "An Evening with RUSH" on T4E tour when they first toured without an opening act and played 2112 in its entirety. If that was on the list, I would have chose that one, but it did say "recent" tours.

I hope someday they put out that "An Evening with RUSH" on CD at least, not sure if they filmed it. As a RUSH fan, that was one of the most amazing concerts ever because just the no opening act and 2112.

It's funny to think that we used to have to sit thru some band before RUSH came out. Wow are we spoiled now!

Time Machine hands down. The setlist was nearly perfect for me. I would be nitpicking by saying that they could have swapped out Faithless for Vapor Trail and Time Stand still for Test for Echo or Distant Early Warning or somehow have made 2112 in full or thrown in the finale. I'm glad I went to see it twice because that was just awesome.

Ok, that was a bit of a rant, but the setlist was just about PERFECT.

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Feb 22 2012, 12:04 AM)
I hope someday they put out that "An Evening with RUSH" on CD at least, not sure if they filmed it. As a RUSH fan, that was one of the most amazing concerts ever because just the no opening act and 2112.

Uh, they did. It's called Different Stages. They swapped some of the songs out with ones they did on the Counterparts Tour, but for the most part its the same set. And the third disc is A Farewell To Kings Tour. And yes, they filmed the T4E tour, but the digital feed got scrambled or something and it would cost too much for them to fix it. They've considered trying to salvage some of it, but nothing ever came of it.