Peter Frampton's Les Paul Returned

Perchance to Dream

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Feb 16 2012, 04:54 PM)
I love Frampton Comes Alive! Sometime in the last year I picked up Frampton Comes Alive II! just because. It's actually great.

He is on tour now doing both albums every night. The ticket price was a bit much , so i listened at home biggrin.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 16 2012, 06:00 PM)
QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Feb 16 2012, 04:54 PM)
I love Frampton Comes Alive!  Sometime in the last year I picked up Frampton Comes Alive II! just because.  It's actually great.

He is on tour now doing both albums every night. The ticket price was a bit much , so i listened at home biggrin.gif

I was supposed to see him last summer in Boston but the group of guys fell apart.

Awesome! Frampton ROCKED back in the day...Glad he's still strummin'.

To be honest, haven't been paying much attention. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

Glad he got the black beauty back,though. Being a guitar player

myself,I know how guitarist's can get attached to their six-string's..

It's almost like a 1st love...not quite..but almost!! yes.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Very cool story!

Honestly, other than his 2 or 3 or however many big hits, I've never heard almost any Frampton, including Frampton Comes Alive. Is it worth hearing? Is it pretty much straight ahead rock and roll? Sorry, I know I should know these things, but he always kind of just passed me by. unsure.gif

The Frampton show went down last night. I didn't go because it was a sellout, but a buddy of mine has a lady friend that had tickets and asked him if he wanted to go.

So....he told me that the show was excellent.

The venue is a small theater that was restored to its 1930's glory. Here's a link if you want to check it out. Cascade Theater

Anyway, the venue's policy is "no photos or videos allowed." The problem with enforcing that rule is there are only two security guards and it's next to impossible to stop people from filming/recording.

Anyway, during the encore, people got all the way up to the front of the stage. There is no barrier between stage and seats. Some idiot was leaning on the stage and filming Frampton with his iPhone. Frampton did not like that at all. He walked up to the dude, took the phone from him and destroyed it. laugh.gif

He finished the song. Set his guitar down and walked off the stage, cutting the show short by two songs. Most of the people had no idea what had just happened and weren't aware that he had cut the show short.

I'm still pissed that I couldn't go! Oh well.

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Mar 21 2012, 07:03 PM)
The Frampton show went down last night. I didn't go because it was a sellout, but a buddy of mine has a lady friend that had tickets and asked him if he wanted to go.

So....he told me that the show was excellent.

The venue is a small theater that was restored to its 1930's glory. Here's a link if you want to check it out. Cascade Theater

Anyway, the venue's policy is "no photos or videos allowed." The problem with enforcing that rule is there are only two security guards and it's next to impossible to stop people from filming/recording.

Anyway, during the encore, people got all the way up to the front of the stage. There is no barrier between stage and seats. Some idiot was leaning on the stage and filming Frampton with his iPhone. Frampton did not like that at all. He walked up to the dude, took the phone from him and destroyed it. laugh.gif

He finished the song. Set his guitar down and walked off the stage, cutting the show short by two songs. Most of the people had no idea what had just happened and weren't aware that he had cut the show short.

I'm still pissed that I couldn't go! Oh well.

whoa!