Most hated chores?

Mara

Which aspect of housework do you hate most?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which aspect of housework do you hate most?

• Floors/vacuuming
    • Laundry
    • Dishes
    • Dusting
    • General kitchen
    • Other (please elaborate)

No votes for the bathroom!? We have three full bathrooms. I can't stand getting near the toilets, primarily because three boys are using these toilets. Honestly though, I'm getting pretty sick of all housework. Edited by Janie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 14 2012, 02:57 PM)
QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Feb 14 2012, 01:42 PM)
Ironing

What's that? laugh.gif

That's a big plus to working for a company whose dress code includes jeans and concert t-shirts. No dry cleaning and no ironing.

Ironing = throwing the wrinkled garment in the dryer for 10 minutes.

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 14 2012, 11:57 AM)
Ironing

What's that? laugh.gif

That's a big plus to working for a company whose dress code includes jeans and concert t-shirts. No dry cleaning and no ironing.

Hate this too. I refuse to iron. The only thing I will iron are the curtains which I take down periodically to clean. I make sure that everything I buy can go in the washer and dryer. Any dress shirts?... those babies go right to the dry cleaners. They can iron those things. Sleeves are horrid things to iron.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 14 2012, 04:58 PM)
Ironing

What's that? laugh.gif

I've also been known to use the hair dryer to blow out wrinkles in whatever shirt I have on, as I am drying my hair.

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 14 2012, 06:21 PM)
Ironing

What's that? laugh.gif

I've also been known to use the hair dryer to blow out wrinkles in whatever shirt I have on, as I am drying my hair.

You can do that?! Cool! smile.gif

One can always learn something new here on the Forum! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Capt starman @ Feb 14 2012, 06:59 PM)
I'm a big fan of the vacuume. Most don't like to do it, but you can tune out everything around you when you are doing it.

unsure.gif That's what loud music + headphones are for! 1022.gif

tongue.gif

Chorse, they just got to be done...

I guess the one I dilike is dishes.. other stuff is no big deal, got the kids doing alot more these days.. biggrin.gif They got to learn sometime..

The chore I hate is being the No guy to the kids. gets old sometimes..

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 14 2012, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 14 2012, 11:57 AM)
Ironing

What's that? laugh.gif

Hate this too. I refuse to iron. The only thing I will iron are the curtains which I take down periodically to clean. I make sure that everything I buy can go in the washer and dryer. Any dress shirts?... those babies go right to the dry cleaners. They can iron those things. Sleeves are horrid things to iron.

Most of what I buy is washer/dryer friendly, but there is the occasional shirt that needs to get acquainted with the iron. Shirts are the absolute worst thing to iron. I would gladly scoop out 10 litter boxes than iron a shirt.

I don't mind household chores as I also have kids that I've passed the chore torch onto. However, I do not look forward to changing the kitty litter and with my cat having just turned 20, he often misses 062802puke_prv.gif I love my cat, but when his nine lives eventually expire, I certainly won't miss litter detail no.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Feb 14 2012, 06:33 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 14 2012, 06:21 PM)
Ironing

What's that? laugh.gif

You can do that?! Cool! smile.gif

One can always learn something new here on the Forum! trink39.gif

Oh yes, this works.. for the more stubborn wrinkle give it a spritz with that wrinkle releaser spray stuff (it's kind of pricey, but I make my own with water and a touch of liquid fabric softener)

Spritz and hair dryer = freshly pressed and sweet smelling clothes biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 14 2012, 01:58 PM)
Ironing

What's that? laugh.gif

trink38.gif

my ironing board hasn't been used in so long, its dusty (see earlier post)

i'd rather re-wash something than iron it. 1287.gif

and if THAT doesn't smooth it out, it's going to charity angry.gif

i just don't have time for that kind of high-maintenance items dazed025.gif

on a lighter note, a man at my church wore a tshirt last week

"irony: the opposite of wrinkly"

trink39.gif

I picked "DISHES", though really I just don't seem to care to wash them. BUT...I have no problem drying them and putting them all away.

Go figure. My wife does the washing...and I do the drying/putting away. We work as a team.

I tend to do all the laundry at home...but like 1-0-0-1 mentioned, it's the FOLDING that I am not as keen on.

None of the above,

I grew up in an environment of DIRTY. laugh.gif At some point in my twenties. I told myself no way no more. I just got in to the routine of keeping up on the whole chore thing. The less there is the less to deal with. And most important, more time for fishing! tongue.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 16 2012, 09:24 PM)
None of the above,

I grew up in an environment of DIRTY. laugh.gif At some point in my twenties. I told myself no way no more. I just got in to the routine of keeping up on the whole chore thing. The less there is the less to deal with. And most important, more time for fishing! tongue.gif

That's a good approach, trout. So, you are hereby cordially invited to my house to do the laundry. laugh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 16 2012, 06:44 PM)
None of the above,

That's a good approach, trout. So, you are hereby cordially invited to my house to do the laundry. laugh.gif

laugh.gif No problem. Have the trink38.gif on ice! biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 16 2012, 09:46 PM)
None of the above,

Of course! biggrin.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 16 2012, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 16 2012, 09:46 PM)
None of the above,

Of course! biggrin.gif trink38.gif

Oh I forgot,

Some of that good Texan BBQ. tongue.gif

I don't have a problem doing most of the chores on the list......

the one I HATE the most with a passion is the dreaded

Cleaning the bathroom...... ugh,

I'd pay to have that cleaned by someone else every single time!!

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 13 2012, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 13 2012, 05:22 PM)
My husband's definition is "I wore it for a half-hour."  rage.gif

My wife is like that about most of her clothes and *all* of the kids' clothes. My 3-year-old can wear a pair of pants for an hour, and it might have the tiniest little smudge of whatever on it, and it *must* be washed as soon as he takes them off. My 6-year-old, same thing - my wife insists that all the clothes be washed ASAP.

yeah what is that all about? My wife is the same way. I think it's an illness of some type!!!

trink39.gif