Dave Navarro wants Rush in Rock & Roll Hall of Fam

RUSHFREAK101

I just watched this clip and well... I can take him or leave him any day of the week based on what he's done musically and how he's moved into mainstream TV.

Love him or hate him, it's pretty clear he's a big RUSH fan and is seriously POed about the RRHOF's complete dissing of RUSH and their acheivements as a band. To pull that mini-rant out of left field and drill down on it is impressive.

Plus... he seems like a decent guy, saying hi to people who call out to him and even going so far as to say he's in the middle of something when people want his attention.

Pretty cool all around.... except for his taste in automobiles... bolt.gif

They WILL get in eventually. It might be just as a sentimental favorite after the band is done, but I really think that even despite everything they've accomplished, it's called the hall of FAME.

It seems like the only bands/artists that get in are either uber famous, which Rush really isn't, or ones that have invented new genre's, which Rush never did, or change genre's, which Rush also never did.

They've ALWAYS been a band that's reflected what goes on around them. When they were doing prog, some bands had been doing it for years. When they went to new wave, they were late to the game with that too. When Pearl Jam and Nirvana got big, Counterparts.

The truth is they really are followers in a way and that's really hurt them. They don't just put bands in that never really did anything new just because they were really productive or good musicians.

Rush has had an incredible career and I think they should be in just for how much they've done for so long, but that's not something they usually put bands in for.

I just want to be clear I really think they should be in, but I get why they aren't.... yet.

Madonna is in because there aren't all that many humans on this planet that have never heard of her. I get why Metallica, Beastie Boys and Nirvana, 3 bands that either completed redefined entire genres or created new movements in music that continued on for many years. Rush never did anything like that.

I think they should be in just based on their productivity and just simply on how good they are, but I dont really think that's what they are looking for.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 22 2012, 12:21 AM)
a horrid band with a whiny vocalist making truly obnoxious music that pains the ear.

You do realize that this is an early criticism of Rush? Sure you do, you be a smart Goober. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Feb 21 2012, 10:34 PM)
a horrid band with a whiny vocalist making truly obnoxious music that pains the ear.

You do realize that this is an early criticism of Rush? Sure you do, you be a smart Goober. biggrin.gif

It might be to some people, but not to me! no.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

It does, however, very accurately describe Jane's Addiction. yes.gif

FWIW, Jane's Addiction was a horrid band with a whiny vocalist making truly obnoxious music that pains the ear.

Must be why I didn't know who he was.

Caught Stealing? Is that one of their's? Didn't know that was an actual, serious band.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Feb 22 2012, 11:23 AM)
FWIW, Jane's Addiction was a horrid band with a whiny vocalist making truly obnoxious music that pains the ear.

Caught Stealing? Is that one of their's? Didn't know that was an actual, serious band.

They were actually one of the more interesting bands from that L.A scene in the late 80s ..and were one of the first " alternative" rock bands to really break open...check out Nothing's shocking And ritual de lo habitual...good albums..

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Feb 22 2012, 01:57 PM)

They were actually one of the more interesting bands from that L.A scene in the late 80s ..and were one of the first " alternative" rock bands to really break open...check out Nothing's shocking And ritual de lo habitual...good albums..

yes.gif There are some strong tracks on Strays too.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Feb 22 2012, 11:57 AM)

One time a friend of mine was very kind and drove me 3 hours to a place I needed to go back in the early 90's. Because he was being so kind, however, he insisted on playing me all 50 plus minutes of that Ritual de lo Habitual album by Jane's Addiction. I was literally BEGGING him to turn it off, but no, he insisted. It was one of the most musically painful experiences of my life. Twenty-plus years later, and I still remember how incredibly obnoxious and sonically offensive that piece of garbage was. Yikes! 062802puke_prv.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 23 2012, 12:17 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Feb 22 2012, 11:57 AM)

One time a friend of mine was very kind and drove me 3 hours to a place I needed to go back in the early 90's. Because he was being so kind, however, he insisted on playing me all 50 plus minutes of that Ritual de lo Habitual album by Jane's Addiction. I was literally BEGGING him to turn it off, but no, he insisted. It was one of the most musically painful experiences of my life. Twenty-plus years later, and I still remember how incredibly obnoxious and sonically offensive that piece of garbage was. Yikes! 062802puke_prv.gif

Fine. Be that way tongue.gif I'll keep Jane all to myself