TRF random thoughts

Lost In Xanadu

Just asked Google “What countries don’t use the metric system?”

Answer: just three

1. Myanmar

2. Liberia

3. United States

Come on you guys! You can do it! It’s easy, it’s all multiples of ten!!!

1 kilogram = 1000 grams

1 kilometre = 1000 meters

30C = hot

0C = cold

-30C = damn cold

The only thing I don’t get is why kilometre isn’t spelled kilometer. That’s just dumb.

Randumbly yours;

Me

• Like 4

Dead on the coffee table

zdxLoYS.gif

:LOL: I hope not!

Episode of 'Blue Bloods' season six..

:banana:

Certain things that mean a lot to us might matter very little or not at all to some other people.
  • Like 1

Certain things that mean a lot to us might matter very little or not at all to some other people.

This is true.

hM2WC5Y.gif

It's Remembrance Day here in Canada.

Although I don't go to any of the ceremonies, I try to observe 10-15 minutes silence around 11:11am. I think it's an important little thing to do.

My dear dead dad was born in 1925. His father died when dad was 10 so he dropped out of grade 4 and started working in a quarry to help out the family.

When he was 16, after lying about his age to get into the Forces, he found himself in London during the Blitz.

He retired from the Air Force in the mid-70s.

He never talked about his experiences except near the end of his life, when exceptionally drunk. It seems a bomb landed near where he just happened to be standing and he went into shock. Luckily a local saw him standing there and pulled him out of the street and helped him get his act together.

He was quite a guy. Very quiet, very humble, loved to laugh, loved nature, wore plaid pants. I wish we could have talked about what he went through and his thoughts, but in a way the drinking and drunken stories kinda sum it all up, at least for me.

God love ya, dad; and thanks for your service. I do try to remember all this shit more than one day a year.

iog6B1Q.jpg?3

poppies.jpg

• Like 2

It's Remembrance Day here in Canada.

Although I don't go to any of the ceremonies, I try to observe 10-15 minutes silence around 11:11am. I think it's an important little thing to do.

My dear dead dad was born in 1925. His father died when dad was 10 so he dropped out of grade 4 and started working in a quarry to help out the family.

When he was 16, after lying about his age to get into the Forces, he found himself in London during the Blitz.

He retired from the Air Force in the mid-70s.

He never talked about his experiences except near the end of his life, when exceptionally drunk. It seems a bomb landed near where he just happened to be standing and he went into shock. Luckily a local saw him standing there and pulled him out of the street and helped him get his act together.

He was quite a guy. Very quiet, very humble, loved to laugh, loved nature, wore plaid pants. I wish we could have talked about what he went through and his thoughts, but in a way the drinking and drunken stories kinda sum it all up, at least for me.

God love ya, dad; and thanks for your service. I do try to remember all this shit more than one day a year.

iog6B1Q.jpg?3

poppies.jpg

Yeah, it's Veterans Day here in the U.S., but I've always done my 'remembering' of my Dad's service in WW II on Memorial Day in may. My Dad wanted to fly Fighter planes, but flat feet prevented that and he was hired by A Colonel to be a glorified 'Go-Fer' in one of the biggest special ops of the war in Europe. His Colonel wrote a book on it, The Alsos Mission, which was an operation to find out how far Hitler had gotten towards producing an Atom Bomb.

hACQXKE.jpg I got to meet Col. Pash in my Graduation Year of High school...Dad didn't have all the scary experiences to talk about, but he did have some good stories about young French women...

qZ2cAX3.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 4

It's quiet, where did everyone go?

Gosh, I hope not to religious Dogma school....I bet more people believe in MONEY than believe in GOD.

owJCuIO.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

It's quiet, where did everyone go?

Gosh, I hope not to religious Dogma school....I bet more people believe in MONEY than believe in GOD.

owJCuIO.gif

Well, money is real, so...

• Like 1