Dallas Cowboys

The 'boys were rolling, but is it bitchy of me to wishing they were rolling more? This was basically the B team of a Titans squad that may not even make the playoffs, and there was not really that much distance between them. It wasn't exactly close, but it wasn't 40-3, either.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 1:47 PM, Nova Carmina said:

The 'boys were rolling, but is it bitchy of me to wishing they were rolling more? This was basically the B team of a Titans squad that may not even make the playoffs, and there was not really that much distance between them. It wasn't exactly close, but it wasn't 40-3, either.

The Cowboys did make a better showing than the Chiefs though, lol

• Haha 1

The Cowboys season is going to end the same way it started, with a loss to the Bucs. They're just not putting it all together the way they would need to. I don't know about the spread but put TB money line on a parley. As unlikely as I consider a win to be, it could bode well for a deep run. 

20 hours ago, Weakly Criminal said:

The Cowboys season is going to end the same way it started, with a loss to the Bucs. They're just not putting it all together the way they would need to. I don't know about the spread but put TB money line on a parley. As unlikely as I consider a win to be, it could bode well for a deep run. 

I think they can beat Tampa, but I don't see too much into the future after that. Eagles with Hurts back? These 49ers? It may be one and done.

If they can't beat the 8-9 Bucs, then there has to be an inquisition.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I think they can beat Tampa, but I don't see too much into the future after that. Eagles with Hurts back? These 49ers? It may be one and done.

Jerry is not going to play Torquemada on himself.  :smash:   :laugh:  

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2023 at 4:52 PM, Nova Carmina said:

IMo, it's complete b.s. that Dallas isn't hosting the Bucs.  Tampa didn't earn a home game.

Please destroy them.

• Like 3

On 1/13/2023 at 5:17 PM, goose said:

IMo, it's complete b.s. that Dallas isn't hosting the Bucs.  Tampa didn't earn a home game.

Please destroy them.

Nothing would make me happier. We should unleash the pass rush and make Brady boo hoo. 

• Like 3

On 1/17/2023 at 12:21 AM, goose said:

Nice work, boys!  

Now tell the truth.  Knowing the game was in hand, your kicker was just f***ing with us on a dare, right?

We need to line him up sixty yards away for extra points.  For whatever reason,  he's accurate from that range.

Kidding........ sort of

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/17/2023 at 12:07 PM, liquidcrystalcompass said:

We need to line him up sixty yards away for extra points.  For whatever reason,  he's accurate from that range.

Kidding........ sort of

A couple of false starts before each try and he'll be in his sweet spot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2023 at 3:07 PM, liquidcrystalcompass said:

Kidding........ sort of

17 minutes ago, goose said:

A couple of false starts before each try and he'll be in his sweet spot!

Mahar finally making an extra point at the end of that game will serve him well this coming weekend. Imagine the mindf**k of having to face the Niners after making zero extra points in five tries in a playoff game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Maher finally making an extra point at the end of that game will serve him well this coming weekend. Imagine the mindf**k of having to face the Niners after making zero extra points in five tries in a playoff game.

"Things got so ugly Monday night that the Cowboys almost ran out of kicking balls at Raymond James Stadium. That’s because their first two ended up in the stands after Brett Maher missed so badly on consecutive extra-point attempts.

If the Cowboys had lost their third, they would’ve had to use one of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ kicking balls."

https://theathletic.com/4102828/2023/01/18/cowboys-brett-maher/

:clap:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goose said:

"Things got so ugly Monday night that the Cowboys almost ran out of kicking balls at Raymond James Stadium. That’s because their first two ended up in the stands after Brett Maher missed so badly on consecutive extra-point attempts.

If the Cowboys had lost their third, they would’ve had to use one of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ kicking balls."

https://theathletic.com/4102828/2023/01/18/cowboys-brett-maher/

:clap:

The reason the Bears win over the Redskins in the 1940 NFL Championship game was 73-0 instead of a higher number is because the Bears ran out of balls for XPs.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Weakly Criminal said:

Cowboys have some important injuries on D and at TE. I'm going to stick with the reverse curse and pick the 69'rs. A Cowboys win will have me bouncing off the walls. :explode:

Well, the League has an interest in the Boys winning, so I expect the officiating to go in your favor.  Add to that the naturally superior testosterone level of the average Texan over  the average Californian and I like your chances!  :cheers:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

So . . . there's always next year?

Let's talk draft priorities!

(When's that 2023 MLB thread go up, anyway . . .)

A better blocking center for multilateral plays?

• Haha 1

All this talk about the Cowboys cleaning house...  They played a great game where most everyone did what they needed to do when it needed to happen.  Can't get much closer to a win against a great team than they did, except maybe at the end there.

Brady knew he was cooked when he woke up and realized he'd lost a playoff game to the Dallas Cowboys....

• Haha 1