Dallas Cowboys

On 10/17/2022 at 9:52 AM, liquidcrystalcompass said:

I didn't realize Philly's secondary was that good.  That's a good football team.

Unfortunately, it seems that they have improved yet again. I fear Dallas is playing for a wildcard spot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weakly Criminal said:

Unfortunately, it seems that they have improved yet again. I fear Dallas is playing for a wildcard spot. 

Other than losing the home field advantage, the wild card spot might not be so bad, as it looks like the NFC is manageable. Maybe we'll get 'em at home later in the season. I know they're doing well, but I can't help the feeling they're exceeding the expectations, and if we stay close, maybe we can nip them to the no. 1 spot.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Other than losing the home field advantage, the wild card spot might not be so bad, as it looks like the NFC is manageable. Maybe we'll get 'em at home later in the season. I know they're doing well, but I can't help the feeling they're exceeding the expectations, and if we stay close, maybe we can nip them to the no. 1 spot.

9 BYE WEEK
10 Sun, Nov 13 3:25 PM
FOX
Tickets as low as $256 
11 Sun, Nov 20 3:25 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $158 
12 Thu, Nov 24 3:30 PM
FOX
Tickets as low as $51 
13 Sun, Dec 4 7:20 PM
NBC
Tickets as low as $27 
14 Sun, Dec 11 12:00 PM
FOX
Tickets as low as $49 
15 Sun, Dec 18 12:00 PM
FOX
Tickets as low as $131 
16 Sat, Dec 24 3:25 PM
FOX
Tickets as low as $59 
17 Thu, Dec 29 7:15 PM
PRIME VIDEO
Tickets as low as $168 
18 Sun, Jan 8 TBD   Tickets as low as $65 

Preseason

We get em at home Dec. 24th.  Philly has a much easier schedule the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

I fully expected Dallas to win.  
So did all the Packer fans and sportswriters.  

So did pretty much everyone else.  

How much do you want for CeeDee Lamb?  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2022 at 11:35 AM, Weakly Criminal said:
9 BYE WEEK
10 Sun, Nov 13 3:25 PM
FOX
Tickets as low as $256 
11 Sun, Nov 20 3:25 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $158 
12 Thu, Nov 24 3:30 PM
FOX
Tickets as low as $51 
13 Sun, Dec 4 7:20 PM
NBC
Tickets as low as $27 
14 Sun, Dec 11 12:00 PM
FOX
Tickets as low as $49 
15 Sun, Dec 18 12:00 PM
FOX
Tickets as low as $131 
16 Sat, Dec 24 3:25 PM
FOX
Tickets as low as $59 
17 Thu, Dec 29 7:15 PM
PRIME VIDEO
Tickets as low as $168 
18 Sun, Jan 8 TBD   Tickets as low as $65 

Preseason

We get em at home Dec. 24th.  Philly has a much easier schedule the rest of the way. 

That schedule is rough!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 7:26 PM, Principled Man said:

A surprise win for sure.  Congrats on GB keeping the season alive!

11 minutes ago, goose said:

A surprise win for sure.  Congrats on GB keeping the season alive!

I took that 5 points just as quick as the internet would go. LOL GB was sick of hearing how much they suck and Dall had won too many in a row.  Motivation is so HUGE in football. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 9:26 PM, Principled Man said:

If you have to ask you can't afford him. LOL   Think Herschel Walker trade but with him ending up in the Senate. :laugh2:

Edited by Weakly Criminal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/20/2022 at 5:46 PM, goose said:

Nice showing this week at Minnesota!

:cheer:

Dallas seems to be settling into some consistency.  This will be much needed the rest of the way if we are to make a run at the playoffs. Getting the corners set on D is huge as that is where everyone is aiming right now.  Still don't expect much in the playoffs if we make it. 

May be an image of 2 people and people playing football

• Like 1

Annnnnnddddd . . . now we have been shown up by the Houston Tankers. How is it that game was as close as that? Please spare me the party line about that wonderful NFL parity. If Dak keeps throwing interceptions at this rate, it's easy to see the end of this season. Super shaky performance saved only by Houston's inability to score in an "and goal" situation. Yikes.

Still, kept pace with the Igles!

Do not sign OBJ!

• Like 3

After last week's near loss by the Cowboys, and with KC's habit of sleeping walking through games they are supposed to win, I'm not thrilled about the Chiefs being a two touchdown favorite vs the Texans.  :scared:

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 5:46 PM, goose said:

Nice showing this week at Minnesota!

:cheer:

Most complete game of the year for Dallas.  The real challenge is going to be bottom dwellers Texans and Jaguars back-to-back.  This team plays down to its competition.  Coaching is going to have to earn their money. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Weakly Criminal said:

Most complete game of the year for Dallas.  The real challenge is going to be bottom dwellers Texans and Jaguars back-to-back.  This team plays down to its competition.  Coaching is going to have to earn their money. 

My Chiefs are the same way.  Only exert energy if you have to, otherwise sleepwalk through the easy wins.

3 minutes ago, goose said:

My Chiefs are the same way.  Only exert energy if you have to, otherwise sleepwalk through the easy wins.

Agreed, but The Chiefs have much more ability to 'turn it on' when needed. Cowboys need to build a lead to protect with the running game.  A Cowboys Chiefs SB would allow me to die happy. Don't even care who wins, as long as it's the Cowboys. LOL  

So: the playoffs, yes. Success in the playoffs? No.

Sure, we might beat Tampa Bay, but then what? 

My math might be fuzzy here, but if the #5 Cowboys beat the #4 Bucs, then, unless there's been an upset with 2/7 or 3/6, Dallas will be the lowest remaining seed and will face the Iggles. Maybe Dallas can pull their collective head from their collective ass next week and put some doubt in Philly's mind, but with the team this soft, is that likely to strike fear in the playoffs?

Is there any scenario that gets us the Vikings again? ;) 

Actually, I think there is: if the Giants or Washington beat the #3 49ers, that team would be the lowest seed and would get Philly; assuming the Vikings beat the Giants or Washington, then #2 would play #5. That seems pretty unlikely though, doesn't it? And even that just delays our pantsing by one week, probably. 

McCarthy out!

Do not sign OBJ!

That game was mentally exhausting, and not even the euphoria of the ending could make me believe we're destined for a long playoff run. Still, to go down like that and come back from multiple deficits says something. Unfortunately, to the Iggles, not having Hurts is a kind of built-in excuse; he might not have thrown some of those interceptions.

Nice to pick up a big win.

Do not sign OBJ!