Dallas Cowboys

This Eagles game is like watching two blind drunk guys trying to win a fight. Sorry to make this thread the NFC East thread lol....

ETA: Well - we won, just about (we tried to lose at end) - and WOOHOO!! First place in NFC East with a powerhouse 1-2-1 record!!!!!!!!!!

Steaming pile of CRAP!

Edited by lerxt1990

Our defense is "ole" style, and we're currently on a pace to have the worst scoring defense in the history of the NFL, at nearly 37 points a game. I know injuries have played a role, but so has poor play (looking at you, Jaylon Smith), missed tackles & assignments, and penalties. I don't know what we do about it at this point, other than try to keep up the time of possession and stop turning over the damn ball! The offense has got be their own defense, now.

Even though I've hated the Cowboys intensely for almost 50 years, it's a damned shame what happened to Dak, who seems like a great guy. No one deserves that, especially a guy who's worked as hard to become a great QB.
  • Like 6

Even though I've hated the Cowboys intensely for almost 50 years, it's a damned shame what happened to Dak, who seems like a great guy. No one deserves that, especially a guy who's worked as hard to become a great QB.

It's doubly bad for him because he hasn't got that big contract, and he may never get it now.

Agree 100% with everything you said. Sports hate pails in comparison to the human factor especially when by all accounts Dak is a great guy.

• Like 2

It's doubly bad for him because he hasn't got that big contract, and he may never get it now.

He was playing under the "franchise" tag and was guaranteed $31.409 million this year. I think he'll be okay, at least financially. Physically is to be seen but hopefully he'll be able to play if he wants to.

Edited by Fordgalaxy

He was playing under the "franchise" tag and was guaranteed $31.409 million this year. I think he'll be okay, at least financially. Physically is to be seen but hopefully he'll be able to play if he wants to.

Yeah in terms of actual money he'll be fine, but in terms of getting parity with his peers and securing the next 5 or 6 years of his career he's in limbo.

• Like 1

Oh, man, that was terrible to see. He clearly means so much to his teammates, though, and there's a silver lining. From what I've been reading about similar injuries, he could come back next year, but he'll have to readjust his footwork when he plants for throws. I have high confidence he has the talent and drive to start over.

#4!

I have nothing more to say about this season for the Cowboys. Just brutal in so many ways. If anyone can bounce back from that injury, it is Dak.

We're all getting to the point where there isn't anything left to say! Humiliated by the Cardinals, at home, on Monday Night. I'd say this is the bottom of the barrel, but I don't want to tempt fate. It is amazing how fast a whole season can be lost --

Or is it? They're still on top of the NFC East, after all! :laughing guy:

At this point, a trip to the playoffs is just an opportunity to get hammered by the fifth seed at home (unless the D pulls it together, the mangled O-line pulls it together, Zeke pulls it together, etc., etc.).

Absolutely embarrassing!! How can any "professional" athlete even show their face after that display? This is most probably the WORST Cowboys team I have seen in almost 50 years of watching. I laughed when I heard a commentator on Dallas sports radio joke about yearning for the 8-8 Jason Garrett years LOL. Big game this Thursday with HUGE playoff implications - Giants vs Eagles. Can't wait!!
  • Like 1

Dallas was not the better Football Team out there today.

No excuse for the cheap shot on Dalton though.

• Like 1

His bank account will probably be a little less next week.

I think it's time to start suspending people for cheap shots. Chris Carson of my Seahawks got his knee purposely twisted and was lucky he wasn't seriously injured in Seattle's game vs. Dallas. Yo Rog, grow a fukking pair.

• Like 3

His bank account will probably be a little less next week.

I think it's time to start suspending people for cheap shots. Chris Carson of my Seahawks got his knee purposely twisted and was lucky he wasn't seriously injured in Seattle's game vs. Dallas. Yo Rog, grow a fukking pair.

Bank,schmank. Major fine AND forcibly sit these asse houles 2 or 3 games. Grow a fukking pair, indeed.
  • Like 1

This is the WORST Cowboys team I have seen in 49 years of watching bar none. Pathetic. As a fan I can't stop watching but it is absolute torture. I am going to need therapy by the end of the season.
  • Like 1

To the surprise of no one, DiNucci does not look like an NFL quarterback yet -- not that we'd expect him to. I can't recall now how Dak looked in that first game taking over for Romo. Was it promising?

Anyway, I know the O-line is decimated (more, actually) and QB is a third-stringer, but how is it that a Cowboys offense that looked second only to the Chiefs has proven to be so impotent?

Maybe it's time to start thinking about who we can get in the draft in one of the top ten spots. Maybe some D-linemen? D-back? O-line? All of the above?

• Like 1