Once Upon a Time

Lost In Xanadu

Who's watching this one?

My wife got me watching, I actually enjoy the way the story is told quite a bit - how it goes between "real life" and the "way things were". Reminds me a little of the way Lost showed life on the island vs life before (and after) the island.

Hoping they have a plan to this one - like 3 or 4 seasons with a definite resolution.

• Like 3

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 14 2012, 11:33 AM)
I downloaded and watched about the first 7-8 episodes and it is a fabulous show. I need to get back into it. Anybody know how many episodes are out now?

According IMDB - season 1 had 22 episodes

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 14 2012, 08:24 AM)
Interesting season finale. Kinda like I thought it was gonna end, with a little twist thrown in there for good measure.

I have watched from the beginning and the ending seemed like they tried to wrap everything up, until the very end as said above.

I know it's been renewed so it will be interesting to see where this goes.

Great 1st season. I watch with my wife and daughter every Sunday. Its one of the few family shows on the air these days.

It was very Lost-ish. About halfway through I said to my wife that the fairy tale part wasn't a flashback. Of course it was created by two of the guys that made Lost so as viewers we have been trained to notice such things.

I was a little reluctant to watch at first, but it is very entertaining and that is welcome in this day and age. It's a fun TV escape and I do hope they have a plan to complete it.

I LOVE this show.

Lot's of twists and now Rumpelstilskin/Mr. Gold and the evil queen/Regina have another mystery between them.

BTW.....Robert Carlyle who plays Rumpelstilskin..... wub.gif yes.gif

C'mon he's got that Geddish look. Well, to me anyway.

Edited by Daylin
  • Like 1

QUOTE (Daylin @ Oct 9 2012, 12:07 PM)
C'mon he's got that Geddish look. Well, to me anyway.

I thought so too. Couple that with his voice... when Geddy was doing his Scottish accent in that one intro... I can definitely see it.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 9 2012, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (Daylin @ Oct 9 2012, 12:07 PM)
C'mon he's got that Geddish look.  Well, to me anyway.

I thought so too. Couple that with his voice... when Geddy was doing his Scottish accent in that one intro... I can definitely see it.

applaudit.gif

LIX, I'm soooo glad you agree with me!

When I posted this, I thought nobody was going to understand me laugh.gif

trink39.gif

biggrin.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Oct 9 2012, 07:48 PM)
I havent seen the show but after all the good reviews i feel i should catch an episode to check it out. biggrin.gif

Just one episode won't do, watch season 1 and then catch up. Disney has said that they will allow just about any of their characters to be on the show so you never know who is going to show up.

I just watched this past week's episode. I think I could like this.

Jennifer Morrison. yes.gif

Last Sunday's episode was so good!

I can't wait to see more.

I have seen some previews and It really looks good...of course....lol

Anyone else catch this one?

I did like this last one. The mystery that this last episode revolved around made for a good episode.

• Like 1

I did like this last one. The mystery that this last episode revolved around made for a good episode.

I came in here to see if you once again agreed with me!

LiX, I don't want to spoil it for people who are not up to par with this, so you KNOW what I'm talking about anyway...LOL

I'm so glad that you made this thread!

PS...check this out...

I hope this link works!!!!!

• Like 1

I came in here to see if you once again agreed with me!

LiX, I don't want to spoil it for people who are not up to par with this, so you KNOW what I'm talking about anyway...LOL

I'm so glad that you made this thread!

:D

Sometimes when a show has a specific arc (like "save the cheerleader, save the world") the series can take a downhill turn after the first "mission" is accomplished. I thought once the curse was broken and magic returned, things could get real silly, but they have done a good job so far of keeping the storylines interesting without going too far out there... well, too far out there for a fantasy show about magic and fairies and such :)

Stormy - it's funny, when they ever say that "Once upon a time will return in 2 weeks" my daughter will go "Nooooooooooo!" :LOL:

Just one episode won't do, watch season 1 and then catch up. Disney has said that they will allow just about any of their characters to be on the show so you never know who is going to show up.

How long before a Star Wars character shows up now? :LOL:

I think the visitor showing up was foreshadowed in the episode... what happened right before the visitor showed up was unexpected... my guess is Geddy will find a way to get people back.