RIP Andrew MacNaughtan

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jan 26 2012, 08:07 PM)
What a sad day.

sad.gif

RIP Andrew. I won a photo signed by him on another Rush website years ago. It was a portrait of Geddy Lee from My Favorite Headache.

Does anyone know how old he was???

The Toronto Star stated he was in his mid 40s.

When I least expected it Andrew would call me. Once he went on about how Neil was going to kill him. I was shocked why would Neil want to kill him. What did he do? He then went on to tell me he was in Neil's new car and they were speeding though the desert at a million miles an hour. I believe that's when he shot the portrait of Neil driving the BMW.

The last time I spoke with Andrew he was excited about the release of his book "Grace: Africa In Photographs" and raising money to benefit the children of Kenya and Tanzania. This cause meant the world to him.

I miss my friend

QUOTE (OnePost @ Jan 27 2012, 07:47 AM)
When I least expected it Andrew would call me. Once he went on about how Neil was going to kill him. I was shocked why would Neil want to kill him. What did he do? He then went on to tell me he was in Neil's new car and they were speeding though the desert at a million miles an hour. I believe that's when he shot the portrait of Neil driving the BMW.

The last time I spoke with Andrew he was excited about the release of his book "Grace: Africa In Photographs" and raising money to benefit the children of Kenya and Tanzania. This cause meant the world to him.

I miss my friend

unsure.gif

I was shocked and very sad to hear this. I purchased a fair bit of memorabilia from him over the years and every penny went to one of his charities. He was a real nice guy and very decent and honourable in his dealings. RIP.

As one who loves photography, I know Andrew was living the dream. Im sure he had the best of time shooting the band. I dont know if he was there each show, but I remember when I had 3rd row, I told my mom that is what I WANT to do! Hes living one of my dreams!

RIP Andrew and condolances to his family and friends.

TKR

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 27 2012, 06:46 AM)
What a sad day.

sad.gif

RIP Andrew. I won a photo signed by him on another Rush website years ago. It was a portrait of Geddy Lee from My Favorite Headache.

He was 47

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 27 2012, 01:19 PM)
What a sad day.

sad.gif

He was 47

ohmy.gif

That's way too young. rose.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 27 2012, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 27 2012, 01:19 PM)
What a sad day.

sad.gif

He was 47

ohmy.gif

That's way too young. rose.gif

Certainly is... sad.gif

And he always took the best pictures ever, imo. Thank you, Andrew...

rose.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jan 27 2012, 04:36 PM)
Age 47 is ridiculously young for this to happen. Just awful...

I wonder if this is the reason the band is moving the tour to September. If that's the case, he must have died a couple week ago, because that news was rumored back then..,?

RIP Mr. McNaughtan...such a sad time for the Rush family

He died on the 25th...I have some close friends who knew him and it was the night of the 25th.

It's been bothering me all day. From what I've seen and read, he seemed like a true gentleman.

It's stunning to think that he's passed from what I imagine must have been a massive heart attack. And to read that he passed while on a shoot...I shudder at the thought of how terrible it must have been for those who were there.

Rest in Peace Andrew.