If Rush got the nod for a SB Halftime show..

FountainOfSyrinx

If they got selected to play at halftime of the Superbowl, disregarding interest in the game, would you go just to see them in that insane moment?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. If they got selected to play at halftime of the Superbowl, disregarding interest in the game, would you go just to see them in that insane moment?

• Yes, absolutely, under all circumstances.
    • Yes, if I could afford it!
    • Maybe, if I lived close and I had a rooting interest.
    • No, it's too expensive.
    • No, just not worth my time.

Meh...I don't think I could stand sitting through half a football game bored out of my mind. I don't like playing sports and I certainly don't like watching sports. But it is Rush...but I don't have any interest in sports at all...but it's Rush... 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Jan 26 2012, 06:30 AM)
Only if they were going to play Dog Years, Rivendell, and an extended rap from RTB.

Oh shit! You hit it right on the money!

Honestly, until you brought it up, I'd never even thought about it, but now that you have...

Yes, if I could afford it. And I have ZERO interest in the game, other than going once just to go...that's how much I love Rush. I'd get a thrill the rest of my life thinking back on having been there when they played.

My boyfriend or other members of my family DO have interest in the game, so it'd be a blast going with whoever I took, even if I wasn't all that interested, becaue they'd be psyched. They'd probably enjoy the Rush show, too, especially as they'd know what it meant to me and be feeding off my enthusiasm.

I'm sure some would question me "do you know how much money you're talking?" Yes...and it would be a lot, but I'm already planning on spending a lot just to go to shows this/next year. It would be even more than that, but again, we're back to that once in a lifetime. And as we've learned again today, that lifetime is short.

As a huge football fan, I'd much rather watch the game at home. Most of the fans are the corporate crowd who don't care about the game much if at all, so the atmosphere would be far worse than a regular game. If Rush were to play it would be songs I'd already seen in concert a couple of times with nothing new so to pay exorbitant prices to see 15 minutes at the most wouldn't be a good use of money. So no I would have no interest in going.

Yep...I'd go if I had the dough.

..But I don't..so I wont.

yes.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974

If it were this year then hell yeah Id go, since my Giants are in it. I love the Giants as much as I do Rush, so put both together in a Superbowl? No brainer for me. Id pay well over 1k for 1 ticket for that experience.

But without the Giants, no way. SB tickets are by far the most expensive of any sport in the world, so if my team isnt in it, even if Rush were there I wouldnt pay it.

Its all hypotheticals anyway. Rush isnt nearly big enough to get invited to play the SB.

Edited by trenken