Clockwork Angels Tour

Phantom

I hope its in the fall/winter, this way I can see them indoors more. I dont love seeing them outside. The sound is so weak since its able to escape into the air.

Indoors though I can feel Neil's bass drum kicking me in the nuts, and I love it! Yeah the sound is muddier indoors, but thats alright. I need that power that you cant get outside.

I really hope everything is ok within the band health wise. To me, it seems odd to switch the kickoff from may to september. it certainly will hurt the financial success of the tour as the rush fanatics are much less likely to travel to see the band. Also, Rush has stated consistently they love playing outdoor shows more than indoor, and a tour around this time means many more indoor shows

So again it all seems odd and there is no plus side to it

It seems a fall tour is more likely. From a marketing/financial perspective, touring so soon is much more risky since they were on the road less than a year ago. Plus, bands that attract a similar demographic will be touring starting this spring.

Although the band does like the outdoor shows for comfort reasons, from a business perspective it makes much more sense to delay it.

Either way, I'll be hittin' the road--wherever and whenever!

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jan 25 2012, 07:11 PM)
Rumor only at this point, but the latest from RIAB suggests the tour may kick off in the fall. If that's the case, I certainly hope that that doesn't mean the album comes out in the late summer.

What? They just said May like a few days ago.

edit: Looks like the latest rumor is Fall now but that could change again. Sucks if it's Fall because that could give them an excuse to push back CA release. I want the record even more than the tour.

Edited by presto123

If it is a fall tour, I imagine the decision is/was multi-factorial. In some ways, it seems like they just came off the road, it wouldn't suprise me if they wanted their break to be just a bit longer. As much as they enjoy playing live, both Neil and Ged have expressed how much they don't like being away from family. A fall tour allows them to have the summer to spend with family.

A fall tour also allows Ged to indulge his passion for baseball throughout the summer.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jan 25 2012, 09:50 PM)
I really hope everything is ok within the band health wise. To me, it seems odd to switch the kickoff from may to september. it certainly will hurt the financial success of the tour as the rush fanatics are much less likely to travel to see the band. Also, Rush has stated consistently they love playing outdoor shows more than indoor, and a tour around this time means many more indoor shows

I agree. I was already planning to schedule my vacation around the tour! Now its only the nearby cities. But oh well, at least it may be indoors instead of the sheds outside! Regardless, I'll be there! I want the album now!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I really hope the album release is still fixed for the spring. The anticipation has gone from excitement biggrin.gif to agitation eh.gif to dang near apathy. schla03.gif If they wait until the summer to release the album the joy of wanting it will be just about gone. sad.gif

As for the tour, it is what it is. Gives me more time to save money. Just don't delay the album any longer guys!

comp26.gif banghead.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jan 25 2012, 07:50 PM)

^^^I agree. I'm planning on road tripping it with my daughter but there won't be nearly as many shows when the weather turns.

It doesn't make sense to me because not only does Ged like baseball but Neil rides to the shows and I can't imagine riding everyday/every other day in inclement weather will make him a happy man. Plus, and this is a big one, Ged does all he can to avoid getting a cold which always seems to happen to him when they tour in cold weather.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jan 26 2012, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jan 25 2012, 07:50 PM)

^^^I agree. I'm planning on road tripping it with my daughter but there won't be nearly as many shows when the weather turns.

It doesn't make sense to me because not only does Ged like baseball but Neil rides to the shows and I can't imagine riding everyday/every other day in inclement weather will make him a happy man. Plus, and this is a big one, Ged does all he can to avoid getting a cold which always seems to happen to him when they tour in cold weather.

I think this is all to keep us Guessing! RIAB is the source for both the spring and fall tour info. So If you do the Math, the tour will be in the Summer!

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jan 26 2012, 07:48 AM)
What about this?

Google: "halftime Grey Cup toronto rush facebook" and you'll see... cool.gif

that would be beyond awesome! but i think Neil Young has a better chance playing that halftime, considering that he's recording a new album with Crazy Horse.

QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ Jan 26 2012, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jan 26 2012, 07:48 AM)
What about this?

Google: "halftime Grey Cup toronto rush facebook" and you'll see...  cool.gif

that would be beyond awesome! but i think Neil Young has a better chance playing that halftime, considering that he's recording a new album with Crazy Horse.

TWO new albums with Crazy Horse

I honestly can't see how CA would be delayed. They worked pretty consistently almost right up until Christmas, even finishing before they thought they would, and it's already being finished up. I mean, maybe not late April like the rumour says, but I don't see it being delayed any further than May.

Fall eh! Well if it is, Id love that being Im sick of the Marcus and dealing with the Summerfest a'holes in Milwaukee. If it wasnt for the summerfest crowds, Id love the Marcus... I wish they would actually go back to Alpine Valley

Last time I went tto the marcus, I took my mom and shes 60, and they decided to seperate the guys from the girls and she was very upset when they were searching her.

I guess the reason they started that was becasue there was some kind of gang violance there.

Get this though, I had my recording stuff with and she played it off saying it was a video camera for the fair!! EPIC

Wonder where they will play here in Washington if they play indoors... some of the venues have changed in the last decade plus.

I'm left wondering if the tragedy of Andrew McNaughton's sudden passing has anything to do with delaying the start of the tour. Given how close the guys were to Andrew, I imagine that that last thing they are ready for at this point is to go out on tour and celebrate.