Proof that Rush is METAL!

danielmclark

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 25 2012, 07:43 PM)
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/181678_1650737585078_1136141967_31566389_6126642_n.jpg
1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

When I saw the title to this thread, I tried to guess who posted it. I do that often. My two guesses where RUSHHEAD666 or Treeduck. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I never expected it to come from you! But that is a pretty cool little chart.

Whatever RUSH is, the one thing I know for sure, they are one of the most under appreciated bands ever. By the mainstream and sometimes even by their own fans!

Long Live 2.gif !

According to what I like I'm mostly a composite based on Alkali Metals and Noble metals, with trace elements of Alkaline Thrash Metal and a couple of Transition Metals.

Decent alloy. 1022.gif

Good Lord! Someone makes a chart with their ideas of what metal is and it's automatically definitive? We can list plenty of metal bands that are not on this chart so it is obviously far from definitive.

As far as Rush goes, they are NOT a metal band. There are a handful of songs and parts of songs from earlier in their career that are kinda-sorta metalish. But in the last 30 years they have not recorded anything that is heavy enough to be considered metal. They are a great ROCK band, no doubt about that. Some call them progressive rock. I would go so far as to call them hard rock (at times), but metal? No.

Hard to believe the same band that played a song called Anthem also came out with the song, Time Stand Still.

As far as Rush goes, they are NOT a metal band.

I have a sound clip of Alex (back in '81) being asked if Rush were heavy metal and he (sort of reluctantly) said they were. In any case, you would have a hard time finding anyone to agree with you, back in the 70's.

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Jan 27 2012, 08:52 AM)
Good Lord! Someone makes a chart with their ideas of what metal is and it's automatically definitive? We can list plenty of metal bands that are not on this chart so it is obviously far from definitive.

Lighten up, it's just for fun. Nobody is suggesting that this chart accurately sums up the whole of heavy metal over the past 40 years. That I called it "definitive" was a little joke, that's all.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 27 2012, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Jan 27 2012, 08:52 AM)
Good Lord!  Someone makes a chart with their ideas of what metal is and it's automatically definitive?  We can list plenty of metal bands that are not on this chart so it is obviously far from definitive.

Lighten up, it's just for fun. Nobody is suggesting that this chart accurately sums up the whole of heavy metal over the past 40 years. That I called it "definitive" was a little joke, that's all.

I thought a discussion board was for people to have discussions. Would you rather just have everyone agree with you? That sure would be boring.

Oh for the love of God. WHO CARES? I mean seriously. I keep seeing people trying to "prove" Rush is metal when in reality it's just a matter of opinion. We all joined this site for one reason and one reason only: BECAUSE WE LOVE THE MUSIC OF RUSH! Not to endlessly debate on weather they are a metal band or excessively express how much we despise Dog Years and Tai Shan.