Seasonal Brews Out Too Early..

The Owl

I've noticed something over the past couple of years... that alot of brewers are putting out seasonal brews out very very early..... Fall beers out in late July, Winter beers in October, and now just today I picked up Sam Adams spring seasonal beer..

I can understand wanting to get a special brew out early, but a spring beer in January? I dunno, just a bit odd.

I ain't complaining. My favorite beers are usually Oktoberfest type or winter beers, so this is my season! trink38.gif

More Snow Cap for me!

This bothers me too. It's one thing when clothing stores put out spring stuff, well, now - you can purchase and wear them later. Beer? Ideally should be drank before it passes the freshness date (which Sam frequently touts). And it's even MORE annoying when your local bar changes the tap early.

I agree. I can not find Winter Classics anymore , since we are in Winter confused13.gif All this Spring Beer, i am not ready yet i tell ya !

Getting this stuff distributed is a nightmare and is why you see Christmas in stores in September. When it gets here it gets here. If you try to ship on time you will be late and lose. My favorite is an import from Germany and they have to deal with shipping problems and alcohol has a ton of regs covering it and you can't take a chance on being held up in customs for weeks or having shipping problems or longshoreman strikes. The best bet is finding a local microbrewery and getting their product. I go to a bar not far from my home that sells what they can get a hold of and you rarely find the same beers but they always have some cool stuff.