20th Studio Album

losingit2k

Will we get to see a 20th Studio Album from RUSH?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will we get to see a 20th Studio Album from RUSH?

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jan 2 2012, 06:30 AM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jan 2 2012, 06:25 AM)
I'm just amazed that they are still going. I thought HYF was going to be their last. Then I thought T4E was going to be there last especially due to the problems Neil went through. At close to 41 years old and nearly 30 years of my relationship with them, I am glad for what I can get. If they do, great. If they do not, I still think that it has been a great ride.

Not just a good posting, but one of the best postings ever. This sums up my relationship with Rush at the moment.

Yep - this says it all!

People who have doubts about it need to realize that people like Roger Waters are still extensively touring at age 68. I have no doubt in my mind that there will be a 20th studio album PLUS a full tour to follow it. Edited by Itty12

About the age thing... I think a lot of people that bring up the Stones or Roger Waters (or even BB King, someone mentioned him recently)... I think people that bring up people like that fail to consider the demands of the music. BB King gets to sit down and play blues music. Mick Jagger sings (sort of. er... IMO) and struts around a little, and Keith Richards plays pretty basic rock and roll guitar. These musicians are wonderful, but the music they play is not as technically demanding - especially the drums and the vocals - as what Rush has put out there.

I don't know how much longer Rush can keep going. Maybe they'll surprise us and keep going into their 70's. But I suspect that we only have a few years left with them in a live setting.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 4 2012, 05:47 PM)
About the age thing... I think a lot of people that bring up the Stones or Roger Waters (or even BB King, someone mentioned him recently)... I think people that bring up people like that fail to consider the demands of the music. BB King gets to sit down and play blues music. Mick Jagger sings (sort of. er... IMO) and struts around a little, and Keith Richards plays pretty basic rock and roll guitar. These musicians are wonderful, but the music they play is not as technically demanding - especially the drums and the vocals - as what Rush has put out there.

I don't know how much longer Rush can keep going. Maybe they'll surprise us and keep going into their 70's. But I suspect that we only have a few years left with them in a live setting.

I completely Agree! However, including Clockwork Angels, I think they still have at least 3 maybe 4 more tours in them! I think they will come on the heels of each other as the Snake and Arrows- Time Machine tour did!

Possible tours left IMO:

Clockwork Angels Tour

R40 Tour

20th Studio Album Tour

Farewell To Fans Tours!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 4 2012, 09:17 PM)

I completely Agree! However, including Clockwork Angels, I think they still have at least 3 maybe 4 more tours in them! I think they will come on the heels of each other as the Snake and Arrows- Time Machine tour did!

Possible tours left IMO:

Clockwork Angels Tour

R40 Tour

20th Studio Album Tour

Farewell To Fan Tours!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Four tours puts them into about 2020-2021 if they really push it hard. That's... unlikely.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 4 2012, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 4 2012, 09:17 PM)

Possible tours left IMO:

Clockwork Angels Tour

R40 Tour

20th Studio Album Tour

Farewell To Fan Tours!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Four tours puts them into about 2020-2021 if they really push it hard. That's... unlikely.

I think they can accomplish it much earlier:

(2012) Clockwork Angels [spring-Summer)

(2013) Start Recording 20th Studio Album [Release first two songs like CA]

(2014) R40 Tour [spring-Summer] [Fall-Winter finish recording new album]

(2015) 20th Studio Album Tour [spring-Summer]

(2016) A Farewell to Fans Tour [spring-Fall]

(2017) Enjoy a much deserved Retirement

th1245.gif cosmo.gif hotdog.gif burger2.gif trink39.gif pizza.gif popcorn.gif th1245.gif trink36.gif

(2024) Reunion Tour dubbed (The Geddiatric Tour) [summer Only] rofl3.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Yet looking at the production time from Snakes & Arrows to the present, they started working on it in 2006, so that's about 6-7 years. In 6-7 years they've put out one album, two songs and two tours. You're suggesting they could do two albums and three tours in 5 years. I don't think it's likely, that's all. They haven't worked that fast since the 70's, I think.

Maybe they are already writing for the next new release!

Clockworks Angels will be their last album and the tour that follows will be their last tour. Neil is ready to call it quits. The light is at the end of the tunnel. It is kind of an unspoken understanding that this is probably it for Rush, and it's mainly because of Neil

Alex and Geddy, however, will still be working together in some capacity...it will be interesting to see what that looks like

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jan 6 2012, 01:55 PM)

Thats true, Maybe they have recorded two albums worth of songs and they are prepared to unleash it all upon us within the next two years!

Wouldn't that be awesome?

yes.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 6 2012, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jan 6 2012, 01:55 PM)

Thats true, Maybe they have recorded two albums worth of songs and they are prepared to unleash it all upon us within the next two years!

Wouldn't that be awesome?

yes.gif

Well it would!

icon_alienjig.gif bolt.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jan 6 2012, 05:41 PM)
Clockworks Angels will be their last album and the tour that follows will be their last tour. Neil is ready to call it quits. The light is at the end of the tunnel. It is kind of an unspoken understanding that this is probably it for Rush, and it's mainly because of Neil

Alex and Geddy, however, will still be working together in some capacity...it will be interesting to see what that looks like

I agree, I would have liked just one more album tho sad.gif

Neil has gone on record saying that he intends this to be his best effort as a drummer. Hard to imagine him topping his earlier work, especially given that Nick R has had to push him a bit.

All that said, I believe there will be another studio album.

Anyone know of the details of their record deal with Roadrunner?

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jan 10 2012, 11:17 PM)
Neil has gone on record saying that he intends this to be his best effort as a drummer. Hard to imagine him topping his earlier work, especially given that Nick R has had to push him a bit.

All that said, I believe there will be another studio album.

Anyone know of the details of their record deal with Roadrunner?

Its a two record deal, which probably means Clockwork Angels and Clockwork Angels Live.

confused13.gif