20th Studio Album

losingit2k

Will we get to see a 20th Studio Album from RUSH?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will we get to see a 20th Studio Album from RUSH?

• Yes
    • No

I highly, highly doubt it, and I voted no. Maybe another tour in 2014 - R40, but no new album

Consider:

~ albums every 5 years, I just don't see one in 2017

~ they always tour after every album (and often without an album), so that means they're touring in 2017/2018 - Geddy's voice will never hold out that long, and they've just been doing it too long

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 2 2012, 01:28 PM)
I highly, highly doubt it, and I voted no. Maybe another tour in 2014 - R40, but no new album

Consider:

~ they always tour after every album (and often without an album), so that means they're touring in 2017/2018 - Geddy's voice will never hold out that long, and they've just been doing it too long

They'll come out with a 20th studio album when they're 63 or 64 years old. It won't be what you want and you'll add that it's still not as atrocious as Vapor Trails. tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 2 2012, 12:35 AM)
I highly, highly doubt it, and I voted no.  Maybe another tour in 2014 - R40, but no new album

Consider:

They'll come out with a 20th studio album when they're 63 or 64 years old. It won't be what you want and you'll add that it's still not as atrocious as Vapor Trails. tongue.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jan 2 2012, 06:06 AM)
How about a "maybe" option? I don't have the means to predict the future.

What he said. trink39.gif

I'm just amazed that they are still going. I thought HYF was going to be their last. Then I thought T4E was going to be there last especially due to the problems Neil went through. At close to 41 years old and nearly 30 years of my relationship with them, I am glad for what I can get. If they do, great. If they do not, I still think that it has been a great ride.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jan 2 2012, 06:25 AM)
I'm just amazed that they are still going. I thought HYF was going to be their last. Then I thought T4E was going to be there last especially due to the problems Neil went through. At close to 41 years old and nearly 30 years of my relationship with them, I am glad for what I can get. If they do, great. If they do not, I still think that it has been a great ride.

Not just a good posting, but one of the best postings ever. This sums up my relationship with Rush at the moment.

There could be a 20th album. I think musicians never get music out of them, and while this may be the last tour, I can't see them retiring and quitting cold turkey.

Maybe they get back together and release original studio content, and that's it. I can see that. No stresses of touring, just show up to the studio for a few months of the year, record, and then enjoy semi-retirement status.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 1 2012, 09:35 PM)
I highly, highly doubt it, and I voted no.  Maybe another tour in 2014 - R40, but no new album

Consider:

In my defense, I thought S&A was a really good album. tongue.gif

I'm not sure.. I know Neil said he thought they were past the album format, and I wouldn't really mind that. I'd be just fine if they released one or two new songs a year instead of one album every 5 years (I mean for cryin' out loud, when did they become Tool??)

I don't think they have anything planned though. I doubt we will have a farewell tour because I honestly don't thing they'll ever be able to say "we're done" until one of them physically can't do it anymore. I think they love it too much to just call it quits without a damn good reason.

But for album 20? I wouldn't be surprised at all. I mean good lord, the Rolling Stones are still kicking and Mick Jagger is 10 years older than Geddy.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jan 2 2012, 06:30 AM)

Not just a good posting, but one of the best postings ever. This sums up my relationship with Rush at the moment.

Thank you for the kind words. It is fun to be awaiting a new Rush album whilst in my 40s.

I feel the same way. They've never ceased to amaze me so I wouldn't completely discount the possibility of them making it to 20. They still have the desire, the chops and, most importantly, the creativity.

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Jan 2 2012, 02:47 PM)
I also wouldn't be surprised to see tours shorten though.. I'm amazed they haven't started doing scattered month-long tours yet.

There's too much overhead to do it that way. They'd end up losing a lot of money over time. The only way a tour with the shows that they prefer to do is affordable is if they do it in multi-month legs. If they scaled the shows back, did maybe two hours, no pyro, way fewer lights... maybe. But that's not 2.gif

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Jan 2 2012, 02:46 PM)
I'm not sure.. I know Neil said he thought they were past the album format, and I wouldn't really mind that. I'd be just fine if they released one or two new songs a year instead of one album every 5 years (I mean for cryin' out loud, when did they become Tool??)

They could do a 4-5 song EP every year from now until the cows come home, tour every 3-4 years, and I'd be a happy guy.

I'd be inclined to believe that they will stop touring after an R40, but stop making records? I don't think so. I think they have one at least left in them. They can make records and not tour. I think they could do another two albums before they pack it in for good.