TIME MACHINE TOUR 2010/2011

Bayou Bengal

WHAT VENUE DID U ATTEND?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT VENUE DID U ATTEND?

• 1.VENUE NAME?
    • 2.DRIVIN DISTANCE FROM HOME?
    • 3.IF U FLEW,NAME UR HOMETOWN TO WHAT VENUE?
    • 4.EASY TO GET TICKETS AT UR LOCATION?
    • 5.UR FIRST CHOICE W/VENUE AN BOUGHT TICS?
    • 6.WAS IT HARD TO GET TICS AT UR CHOICES?
    • 7.IF U HAV A DISABILITY,DID THE VENUE SEAT U TO UR DISABILITY?
    • 8.IF U HAD TO CALL VENUE TO PURCHASE THESE KIND OF SEATS,HOW WERE U TREATED?
    • THANK U FOR ANY FEEDBK.HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM UR RUSH FRIEND DOWN HERE N SOUTH LOUISIANA!! BAYOU BENGAL
    • GOD BLESS RUSH& THEIR FAMILY!!!!!

TIME MACHINE TOUR 2010/2011

RUSH FANS ON THE ROAD

WHAT VENUE DID U ATTEND,ETC.

QUESTIONS AT TOP.I HOPE I HAV DONE THIS RIGHT??

Well, I went to 2 venues this past leg and one on the first leg, so...

August 2010: White River Amphitheater

About 70 miles away

Getting the tickets was easy enough.

I had to wait for the venue to reply to my request for accessible seating. Which was easy to get to and sit at (except for the seats!) but further away than I'd have liked.

This past leg

Rogers Arena, Vancouver, B.C.

about 150 miles? (we stayed with a friend about 3 blocks away from the venue so we walked to the venue)

Getting the tickets was not a good experience. I did the pre-sale yet the first 20 rows or so were never offered then. I wasn't sure how they'd handle accessible seating in Canada (probably better) and the seats were on the center row so... I did end up in the 4th row but that was thanks to Kelly D.

and

The Gorge

About 230 miles

Same deal with the pre-sale tickets. I was ticked off angry.gif

I didn't even try to get accessible seats because I'd heard it was nigh on impossible.

I hope I have better luck this next time...

SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE,THANKYOU NOBODYSHEROINE FOR YOUR POST.THAT WAS GREAT THAT U AN UR FATHER WENT.MY HUSBAND AN I FLEW TO CHICAGO ON THE SECOND LEG.SO THE WORD IS RUSH WILL BE TOURING IN SEPT.2012.HOPE TO SEE U AT A CONCERT.

THANK YOU HOWITIS FOR POSTING.SORRY FOR THE MESSUP ON THE WAY TO DO POLL/QUESTIONS.

MY HUSBAND AN I WENT TO THE GORGE ON SECOND LEG.IT WAS A LONG WAY FROM HOME WE HAD TO FLY OUT THEIR.OUT OF THE FIVE WE WENT TOO THAT WAS OUR FAVORITE.LIKE URSELF I HAV TO PURCHASE ACCESSIBLE SEATING.OF COURSE IT WAS A COMPLETE HASSLE TO GET TICS,EVEN CALLING BOX OFFICE AN DEALING WITH THE SUPERVISORS OVER THESE TYPE OF SEATS.I THINK SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT THIS MATTER.THEY R SUPPOSE TO SEAT U ACCORDLY TO UR DISABILITY.IN MY CASE IT WAS VISUALLY IMPAIRED SEATING!!I HAD ALL DR LETTERS ON SIGHT,HANDYCAPP ID.THE TWO VENUES WHO HAD THIS SEATS ALREADY MARKED FOR THIS IMPAIRMENT WAS SYRACUSE STATE FAIR FIRST LEG 2ND ROW.THE WOODLANDS IN TEXAS FIRST LEG.I COULDNT BELEIVE HOW THESE VENUES THEIR BOX OFFICE MANAGERS WERE SO DAMN RUDE!!!I EVEN CALLED UP THE LADDER ON THIS MATTER.ALL THIS WAS JUST NERVE RACKING TO ME AN MADE ME MAD THAT THEY COULD CARE LESS FOR THE HANDYICAPP!!!!!!

THANK U SO MUCH FOR UR TIME AN HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!I HOPE TO MEET U THIS NEXT TOUR!

Here are my two shows:

First - NY State Fair, Syracuse, NY

About 10 miles from home

Tickets were easy to buy

By the time we bought tickets, it was well after the presales, etc. There were two prices of tickets left, and we went with the cheaper ones, thinking there wouldn't be much difference with the more expensive ones. Turns out we were in the second to LAST row, but I still fell in love with Rush at the show (it was my first). Still, if I had it to do over, I'd have gone for the better seats.

I don't need disabled seating

I didn't have to call the venue - ordered tickets online

Second show - Giant Center, Hershey, PA

About a five hour drive from home

Tickets were easy to buy, but I think I had to come home from work on lunch.

This time, I bought tickets in the presale, again online. (I used the Citibank cardmember presale). We got 17th row Geddy's side, which was only two rows worse than what I was pulling up in the VIP presale, for a lot less money.

We were also supposed to have gone to the Huntington Center Toledo, OH show, but it got rescheduled, and we couldn't go. I had 7th row seats that I bought in the VIP presale online (again, I either came home from work early or on lunch, I can't remember). They were expensive, but would have been so good. The nice thing was, we got a full refund when we couldn't go, and got to keep the included merchandise at no charge. I thought that was awesome.

I had to get accessible seats for Red Rocks, Kansas, Missouri, Chicago and Omaha. It is sometimes risky dealing with the venue directly as you don't buy seats when they first go on sale you have to wait for the manager to hold them aside for you once they determine where they will be. Most venues do not have different seats for visually impaired vs. wheelchair or mobility issues.

As some may remember my home venue Red Rocks was the worst as some how a well known scalper has double purchased the wheelchair accessible seats and security let him pack all these non-handicapped people into the seats. I could not sit all night or I would not have been able to see the show. I tried to get security involved the night of the show to no avail.

I did however throw a fit with Red Rocks and Ticketmaster after the show and I know that people were reprimanded and to some degree(they didn't tell me everything)they shut the scalper down and busted him.

I do wish there was simpler way to get accessible seats because waiting to find out what you get from management can be nerve wracking especially if the show is a sell-out.

I was thrilled to be able to see Rush twice during the TM tour, once in 2010, and again in 2011.

1. Aug. 2010, White River Ampitheater, Auburn, WA, 308 km from my home in Canada. Don't know what that is in miles. We drove and made it part of our vacation to Wash. and Oregon. Was the only show in the Pacific Northwest, so the competition for seats was stiff. Bought my tickets $100 each, from Ticketmaster through the Citibank pre-sale, but since I wasn't able to afford V.I.P. tickets, got 23rd row, which was terrible for me as a short person in that arena. When everyone stood, I had look over the people in front of me and down onto the stage. Still loved the concert.

Sorry to hear about the struggles to get disability seating. That doesn't seem fair.

2. June 2011, Sleep Country Ampitheater, Ridgefield, WA, just outside of Portland. 448 km from home. Drove again and made a wonderful vacation out of the trip. Bought the tickets from Ticketmaster again through the pre-sale from Citibank. This time paid $280 each for V.I.P. seats and was thrilled to get 11th row. This concert was even better than the previous year, because I could actually see!

I JUST WANTED 2 SAY THANK U 2 ALL THE RUSH FANS THAT REPLIED 2 MY POLL!IM VERY SORRY 4 THE MESSUP ON THE POLL!

THANKS 4 ALL THE REPLIES.MY HUSBAND AN I LUV 2 TRAVEL,AN FLYIN2 GO ATTEND A RUSH CONCERT IS A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!IT REALLY MEANS ALOT 2 ME THAT Y'ALL TOOK THE TIME OUT,2SHARE ABOUT VENUES,BUYIN TICS,SCALPERS,AN LETS NOT 4 GET ALL THE BOX OFFICE MANAGERS THAT DON'T NO I DAMN THING ABOUT ADA LAWS!! I HAV DONE MY HOMEWK AN I REFUSE2 BE TREATED LIK A DOG!!!!!THEY LIE,RUDE,RUDE,AN SHOULD HAV THERE JOBS TAKEN FROM THEM.ITS AMAZING WHAT U LEARN ABOUT ADA LAWS!!

THIS TOUR I AM NOT TAKIN THEIR BULLSHIT LIES!!THE PEOPLE W/ADA STAND BESIDE A PERSON W/A DISABILTY!!!LETS NOT 4GET THAT THE VENUE HAS2 SEAT US BY OUR DIS. NEEDS..I TOOK SO MUCH BS THAT IT MADE ME STRESSED OUT,UPSET,ETC.THANKS AGAIN.

BAYOU BENGAL

KARIN BURNS

BATON ROUGE LOUISIANA

GOD BLESS

Well first I bought the tix for my home town (Miami, FL) Then I drove with my Friends to Tampa Finally we scheduled our vacation around the summer (2nd Leg ) tour and caught them in Vegas at the MGM Grand, one of the best decisions of my life, We got to see vehas, the grand canyon, Hoover dman and finally Rush on the last day, if we'd had time for one more day we would have even gone to Rushcon, but we had to be in LA that day. It was a great vacation no doubt!

2.gif wub.gif 2.gif

1.VENUE NAME? 1-800-Ask-Gary- Amphitheatre

2.DRIVIN DISTANCE FROM HOME? 20 minutes per se, but it took longer due to traffic.

3.IF U FLEW,NAME UR HOMETOWN TO WHAT VENUE? N/A

4.EASY TO GET TICKETS AT UR LOCATION? I purchased them a few hours earlier online. Had done it before for previous concerts. Piece of cake.

5.UR FIRST CHOICE W/VENUE AN BOUGHT TICS? Fine with me.

6.WAS IT HARD TO GET TICS AT UR CHOICES? I got lawn and stood up the whole time. If I had gotten a seat, I would not have been able to be near the hall/exit, which I NEED to.

7.IF U HAV A DISABILITY,DID THE VENUE SEAT U TO UR DISABILITY? It accomodated my special needs, but it was not really a seat.

8.IF U HAD TO CALL VENUE TO PURCHASE THESE KIND OF SEATS,HOW WERE U TREATED? N/A- all online.