Rush to tour in Fall 2012.

yyzyy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Dec 30 2011, 11:47 AM)
I went to go and see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday for the 9th time since 2006 at the ACC and they absolutely killed it once again! On the way out, I see a familiar face walking up the stairs...sure enough it's Howard Ungerleider (Rush's lighting director) and we chatted for a little bit. So I asked him about the upcoming tour and album and he said that everything is pretty much wrapped up and the boys are gearing up the machine for a fall 2012 tour starting in September!

Bust out the champagne!

Awesome, I saw TSO just a couple days earlier, on the 27th. The Christmas portion wasn't my cup of tea but they sure put on a unique and energetic show.

Did he say anything about the album release? I'm worried that a fall tour means we won't see the album until mid-to-late summer.

QUOTE (FeelingUnlimited @ Dec 30 2011, 07:44 PM)
I went to go and see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday for the 9th time since 2006 at the ACC and they absolutely killed it once again!  On the way out, I see a familiar face walking up the stairs...sure enough it's Howard Ungerleider (Rush's lighting director) and we chatted for a little bit.  So I asked him about the upcoming tour and album and he said that everything is pretty much wrapped up and the boys are gearing up the machine for a fall 2012 tour starting in September!

Bust out the champagne!

Awesome, I saw TSO just a couple days earlier, on the 27th. The Christmas portion wasn't my cup of tea but they sure put on a unique and energetic show.

Did he say anything about the album release? I'm worried that a fall tour means we won't see the album until mid-to-late summer.

That's what I posted right above you doh.gif

QUOTE (Oracle @ Dec 30 2011, 06:18 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 30 2011, 05:59 PM)
This is bad news. Wasn't it already a given that Rush was touring in 2012? I just assumed it would be a Spring or Summer tour. The fact they're not touring until Fall is kind of a bummer as we still have a year wait!

I think a Fall tour is fine. Summer tours are cool, but I think the boys will need the rest; this tour might shape up to be pretty lengthy.

As happy as I am to know they're touring again, I might shed a few tears if they hit Montreal during midterms or finals.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 30 2011, 05:59 PM)
This is bad news. Wasn't it already a given that Rush was touring in 2012? I just assumed it would be a Spring or Summer tour. The fact they're not touring until Fall is kind of a bummer as we still have a year wait!

If they did a Spring/Summer tour, then they wouldn't get to play on 20-12-2012.....we can't have that!!! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Dec 30 2011, 09:10 PM)
Great! 2.gif

But I just hope they drop and/or don't play:

Closer To The Heart
Tom Sawyer
Limelight
Dreamline
The Spirit Of Radio
Freewill
Subdivisions
Distant Early Warning
Time Stand Still

They will play at least half of those, guaranteed confused13.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Dec 30 2011, 09:10 PM)
Great! 2.gif

But I just hope they drop and/or don't play:

Closer To The Heart
Tom Sawyer
Limelight
Dreamline
The Spirit Of Radio
Freewill
Subdivisions
Distant Early Warning
Time Stand Still

Count on all of those in bold. They're staples, and almost obligated to play those.

Closer to the Heart they took it away, and then brought it back for TM. I think they'll keep it till they finish touring since it's a big song that casual listeners love, like my dad for an example.)

Great news though! Can't wait to see them in tour again. They were amazing! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 30 2011, 10:08 AM)
I went to go and see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday for the 9th time since 2006 at the ACC and they absolutely killed it once again!  On the way out, I see a familiar face walking up the stairs...sure enough it's Howard Ungerleider (Rush's lighting director) and we chatted for a little bit.  So I asked him about the upcoming tour and album and he said that everything is pretty much wrapped up and the boys are gearing up the machine for a fall 2012 tour starting in September!

Bust out the champagne!

oohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyhboyohboyohboyohboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIMES INFINITY!

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

Always great to get another confirmation of the tour....

I'm a bit surprised to hear that the tour would start in the fall. Certainly possible, but I'm not convinced just yet. So much of what we first hear in advance of an album/tour/dvd release ( in terms of dates ) turns out to be off by a bit.

Let's see when they release the album....

Until something more " official " is released by the band or record company, I'll hold off counting on the fall as the kick off.

QUOTE (Phantom @ Dec 30 2011, 10:56 PM)
Always great to get another confirmation of the tour....

I'm a bit surprised to hear that the tour would start in the fall. Certainly possible, but I'm not convinced just yet. So much of what we first hear in advance of an album/tour/dvd release ( in terms of dates ) turns out to be off by a bit.

Let's see when they release the album....

Until something more " official " is released by the band or record company, I'll hold off counting on the fall as the kick off.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time buying fall as well since it would limit Neil's riding a bit more. Maybe if they started in September in the northern tier and worked south it would be doable for him. I know I'd love it if they did do a bit later in the fall stop near me as it would likely mean the Rose Garden in Portland or Key Arena in Seattle (or better yet, both!!) and I haven't seen the band indoors since the first leg of the T4E tour. Don't get me wrong I love the Gorge where I've seen them twice, but indoors would be such a nice change of pace. Hell, it would be dark throughout the whole show even!!

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/snoopydance.gif

Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!

!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!

!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!

Janie... you and me, Girl!!

Edited by HowItIs

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Dec 30 2011, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 30 2011, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (The Big Money @ Dec 30 2011, 03:14 PM)
Awesome! INDOOR SHOWS!!!! smile.gif

Yes. Awesome. Hate sheds.. much prefer arenas...

I'd rather have the sheds , I had a hard time hearing Neil over Geddy's bass last time indoors.

I actually prefer the sheds because the indoor shows usually have a flat floor section as a result of the building being an ice rink or basketball court. That usually means anything past the first few rows is undesirable due to the sea of heads you have to see over.

With the sheds the seating rises as you go back right from the front (usually) and lately I seem to get better tickets in the sheds than indoors.

I would love to see all of my shows indoors, but I'd also prefer a summer tour, easier to take time off in the summer and more daylight for driving cross country. I hope to take in more shows this tour than last, but airfare may dictate driving more.. either way, I'll take what I can get and am happy to hear the plans are in the works.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Dec 31 2011, 02:37 AM)
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/snoopydance.gif

Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!
!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!
!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!Yipee!!!!!

Janie... you and me, Girl!!

Yes, yes and yes! This year for sure. I missed the last tour, won't miss this one.

Has Rush ever waited 6 months to start a tour after releasing an album? Not to my knowledge. Why would they start now? Seems like the only way the tour would start in the fall is if the album doesn't come out until Summer/Fall.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Jan 1 2012, 09:24 PM)
Has Rush ever waited 6 months to start a tour after releasing an album? Not to my knowledge. Why would they start now? Seems like the only way the tour would start in the fall is if the album doesn't come out until Summer/Fall.

Until last year, had they ever released two songs from an upcoming album that hadn't even been written (much less recorded) yet?

Stranger things have happened than waiting a few months to start a tour. We're in uncharted territory with this band. As soon as they broke the 4-studio-1-live pattern, everything went off the rails laugh.gif