Rocksmith

EmotionDetector

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone here has actually tried Rocksmith yet?

I just got it for Christmas, and so far...I'm LOVING it. I've had my Les Paul for years now, and I seemingly never play it. I used to at least know some guitar, but could never play it all that well. This game is like having a guitar teacher with you without having to leave your couch!

For those who haven't heard of it yet, Rocksmith is similar to the likes of 'Rock Band' games, but you play an ACTUAL guitar. You hook up your Electric Guitar to the PS3, and away you go.

I downloaded a few DLC songs already (Smoke On The Water, 20th Century Boy, More Than A Feeling, etc.)

If you were ever one of those people that shit all over Rock Band players telling them to "pick up a real guitar", well...here you go. Rocksmith is your game.

Any love for this game? I've only played it the last two days, and I already highly recommend it personally.

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Dec 29 2011, 05:00 PM)
Do they have this for bass?

No, but they announced the sequel will have or they might add it in the current game if there's enough demand.

I tried it at a friend's house. It's fun if you want to learn the instrument.

:bump:

Just wanted to chime in...I haven't played this in awhile, but was more than excited to see that there is FINALLY...

a RUSH pack!

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight

Subdivisions

Headlong Flight

I'm not sure I'll ever fully figure out how to play these songs...but it will be awesome to try! :haz:

I bought it to learn guitar. The game is both inconsistent and condescending. At first it holds your hard and thinks you have the IQ of a tree "this is a guitar, this is a string, this is the neck..." then it drops you onto the counter-intuitive interface and lets you progress rock band style (get good at songs to unlock more gigs).

While it's great at teaching you how to do techniques, it doesn't show you their uses outside of just doing them. The game's biggest flaw lies in learning songs. It forces you to play a song over and over and over and over again to increase the difficulty (which brings you closer to the actual notes of the song). I tried learning Living After Midnight. I kept missing the first note during one of the chord switches which ALWAYS dropped the difficulty and it took a long streak to bring it back up. I played the song 12 times and still did not have the option of learning the full notes. This frustrated me to no end because it makes more sense to me that learning guitar songs would be playing the full notes but slow and gradually speeding up. Rocksmith doesn't give you this option unless you unlock that difficulty level first. Did I mention you can never set the difficulty? You're always stuck with the dynamic setting.

I ended up looking up scales and tutorials on youtube. I find it's much easier to learn this way. Rocksmith is a waste of money because it doesn't do a whole lot of things right for $70. On the other hand it's also the first of it's kind so I shouldn't be too harsh.