TMT DVD 5.1 sound?

gingermart

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

I have been bought the The Time Machine tour dvd for Christmas and I cannot get the dvd to play in 5.1 surround sound!

Tried messing with settings on player but to no avail.

other Rush dvd's like R30 play in 5.1 no problem after I have selected 5.1 sound!

I have tried it in the computer and it seems to only want to play sound

in stereo.Only stereo is recognized(no sound at all if 3/2.1 dts is selected) both in the pc and the dvd players!

Any suggestions?

thanks

Edited by gingermart

QUOTE (gingermart @ Dec 29 2011, 11:31 AM)
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

I have been bought the The Time Machine tour dvd for Christmas and I cannot get the dvd to play in 5.1 surround sound!

Tried messing with settings on player but to no avail.

other Rush dvd's like  R30 play in 5.1 no problem after I have selected 5.1 sound!

I have tried it in the computer and it seems to only want to play sound
in stereo.Only stereo is recognized(no sound at all if 3/2.1 dts is selected) both in the pc and the dvd players!

Any suggestions?
thanks

I think they didn't made a 5.1 surround sound, but only DTS. I don't understand why it don't play on your player if you have choose DTS.

Edited by RUDT

I just ran r30 through a program that shows me the audio streams R30 has 2ch LPCM and AC3 (Dolby Digital)5.1 where TMT has DTS 5.1 and AC3 2ch. Check your gear to see if it is DTS capable, older or cheaper gear might not be able to decode dts. Check to see if your dvd player and receiver both have the dts logo on both. of them. no sound is a sign of the stream not being decoded

QUOTE (gingermart @ Jan 1 2012, 05:55 AM)
ok thankyou all for your help

The other thing to consider is you are using HDMI or not. My system is a little older, it has DTS but not HDMI. Some blue-ray that are HD-DTS will default to digital EX or something like that if you are not running HDMI to your receiver. Mine does that sometimes. I am running optical cable.

The Rush blue-ray however should show either DTS or 2.0. The 2.0 sucks. the DTS is sweet as all get out, especially the drum mix. I think the DVD is the samer two choices, DTS and 2.0. The DTS is a far better choice than 5.1 anyway IMO.

Hope that helps and not confuses. Also, you may want to check your cable conection, I find that if my optical cable pops loose or disconnected, it will screw things up for me.

Good Luck