Despite all the obvious reasons not to...

Presto-digitation

^ you must be talking about recent history (in which case, your judgment is profoundly questionable)

but for eight years there ('78-'86) they were absolutely perfect - an unstoppable pinnacle of rock and roll excess that no one could deny (nor have any legitimate reason 'not to' love)

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 21 2011, 03:11 PM)
but for eight years there ('78-'86) they were absolutely perfect - an unstoppable pinnacle of rock and roll excess that no one could deny (nor have any legitimate reason 'not to' love)

goodpost.gif 100 % True. Great Pic 1022.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 21 2011, 03:07 PM)
...I love this band:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394565_2223101110252_1629469039_1689303_1218506272_n.jpg

Sure, this version in the pic, absolutely. One of the greatest lineups of all time. Kick ass rock band who had it all...songs, looks, showmanship, chops..killer.

But now?..sorry. Can't do it.

^ you must be talking about recent history (in which case, your judgment is profoundly questionable)

Yes, I mean recent history. Meaning, I didn't want to litter the thread with commentary about the band over the past 20-ish years.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 21 2011, 04:04 PM)

Yes, I mean recent history. Meaning, I didn't want to litter the thread with commentary about the band over the past 20-ish years.

Oh good. In that case...how bout we start with underated tunes?...

Dirty Movies

In a simple rhyme ( how did this song not become radio staple?..

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 21 2011, 04:20 PM)
I'm also an unapologetically huge fan of Diver Down. I think it's a great record, despite the lumps it takes.

It takes its lumps because of all the cover songs. But, the original material is majestic. "Hang 'Em High", "Secrets", and "Little Guitars" are all fantastic. And "Cathedral" is sublime.

Personally, I think Fair Warning is their masterpiece. It's the darkest party record ever recorded.

Any of the lesser-played songs from the first album: Little Dreamer, Feel Your Love Tonight, Atomic Punk, On Fire, I'm The One, etc.

I'm also an unapologetically huge fan of Diver Down. I think it's a great record, despite the lumps it takes.

Little Guitars is one of their best tunes, period.

Also, Push Comes To Shove. Unique little tune for them.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 21 2011, 04:26 PM)
I'm also an unapologetically huge fan of Diver Down.  I think it's a great record, despite the lumps it takes.

It takes its lumps because of all the cover songs. But, the original material is majestic. "Hang 'Em High", "Secrets", and "Little Guitars" are all fantastic. And "Cathedral" is sublime.

Personally, I think Fair Warning is their masterpiece. It's the darkest party record ever recorded.

Indeed

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 21 2011, 04:26 PM)
I'm also an unapologetically huge fan of Diver Down.  I think it's a great record, despite the lumps it takes.

Agree with you on both albums. FW is the best for sure.

I was a huge fan during the Roth era - bought all the albums - went to see them live. Once Roth left i've only heard what was played on the radio. I'm looking forward to hearing their new material.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 21 2011, 04:23 PM)

goodpost.gif 100 % True. Great Pic 1022.gif

X2!!!

1022.gif

Women and Children First has always been my fave

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Dec 21 2011, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 21 2011, 04:04 PM)

Oh good. In that case...how bout we start with underated tunes?...

Dirty Movies

Great song, with excleent guitar layering.

Presto-Dig, you left this tune out of your classic (bump-worthy) review of Fair Warning. Care to comment on it?