Clockwork Angels Is Finished!!!!!

presto123

QUOTE (Shirley @ Dec 21 2011, 08:12 PM)
YAY!!!! Will be my first release! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif 2.gif 2.gif common001.gif

Damn your making me feel old.

tongue.gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The band has indicated that they want to move away from the multilayered sound of their last two albums and go for a more direct approach - vocals included.

That being said, I hope Geddy doesn't abandon vocal harmonies. He is fantastic at composing them.

The pre-chorus of Earthshine is breathtaking.

I'm inclined to say that I, too, don't want him to abandon the harmonies completely. Earthshine's melodies are brilliant. And vocal overdubs worked very well for a number of S&A tunes (Armor and Sword, Workin' Them Angels, etc.). I'm sure Geddy will make the right choice in deciding what'll work best for these new tunes, though.

Mmmmm well ummmm I beg to differ as Snakes and Arrows had several great soon to be classic Rush songs

Far Cry
Armor and Sword
The Way The Wind Blows
Bravest Face
Mal Nar

Yeah, I think S&A is a very deep album, actually. I'm a big fan of WTA, The Main Monkey Business, and The Larger Bowl in addition to the tunes you've mentioned. Good News First is extremely underrated. I don't know if CA will beat S&A, but if it's similarly stocked with strong songs, I'll be very happy.

Far Cry and The Main Monkey Business are awesome, worth the price of the album IMO. Workin' Them Angels has grown on me somewhat, mostly due to my wife's love of it. Malignant Narcissism is a fun jam, but sounds too much like YYZ part 2. The Way the Wind Blows is cool. As for the rest of the album, I really feel nonplussed about. It was the first Rush album that didn't just knock me over. I rarely listen to it.

As for CA: based on the single, I would hope the new album would be an improvement. But hey, I bought S&A based solely on Far Cry and I got burned on that deal. However, I really believe that this album could be the balance the band has been trying to strike since VT -- loud and heavy, yet well produced and melodic.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Dec 21 2011, 12:41 AM)
Maybe they really are shooting for that 2/1/12 release date. 2.gif

yes...and how gay would that be? Not that there is anything wrong with that....

I love Snakes & Arrows. They have to accomplish something to top that album, according to my sensibilites. Sucker has held up WELL to me.

All said, I'm happy it's finally "in the can." It'll push five years since their last studio release, so -- ya know -- not a moment too soon. biggrin.gif

Great News!!! Looks like they are speeding things a bit up and stopped twiddeling around in the studio putting multilayers upon multilayers of guitars and vocals.

I am starting to get the feeling I always have before a pending Rush release. Hard to descibe, it is a mix of childish joy and anxiety mixed with imprepromptuos professionalism and nihilism. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 22 2011, 03:16 PM)
The truth is that "never be thought of along side...." type comment applies to all bands at this juncture and is less indicative of the quality of material as what constitutes a cultural shut-off valve for most artists. 

This is exactly what I've thought every time I've heard the "alongside" comments but haven't been able to articulate. Nicely stated.

Its probably still 4 months away or so. That seems to be the norm after an album is finished recording.

But since they are going for a more modern, heavy, stripped down sound it seems with no goofy layering and all that, those kinds of songs are easier to write, and are less work in post-production, so I think they did the right thing if they plan on doing another summer tour.

QUOTE (Todem @ Dec 21 2011, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Dec 21 2011, 08:52 AM)
Guess that means a summer tour '12

More like a early spring start. April would be my guess starting down south here in Florida.....spring training then hop on the tour bus!!!

I am going to at least 3 shows this time....maybe 4.

It will be EPIC.

I agree Todem! It looks like they are gearing up for a South Florida Start to their Clockwork Angels Tour! Set List below! LOL

Set 1:

The Camera Eye

Analog Kid

kid Gloves

Cut to the Chase

Where's My Thing?

Show Don't Tell

Vapor Trails

Jacobs Ladder

Cold Fire

Secret Touch

Dreamline

Freewill

YYZ

Set 2:

Caravan

BU2B

New Song from CA

New Song from CA 2

New Instrumental from CA

Clockwork Angels (Epic)

The Big Money

Middletown Dreams

Lock and Key

Available Light

MalNar/ Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ the Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

2112/ Temples/ Finale

Encore:

Far Cry

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

QUOTE (Snowman @ Dec 23 2011, 07:52 AM)
Great News!!! Looks like they are speeding things a bit up and stopped twiddeling around in the studio putting multilayers upon multilayers of guitars and vocals.

I am starting to get the feeling I always have before a pending Rush release. Hard to descibe, it is a mix of childish joy and anxiety mixed with imprepromptuos professionalism and nihilism. ph34r.gif

What does "imprepromptuos" mean?

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Dec 23 2011, 09:54 AM)
Set 1:

The Camera Eye
Analog Kid
kid Gloves
Cut to the Chase
Where's My Thing?
Show Don't Tell
Vapor Trails
Jacobs Ladder
Cold Fire
Secret Touch
Dreamline
Freewill
YYZ

Set 2:

Caravan
BU2B
New Song from CA
New Song from CA 2
New Instrumental from CA
Clockwork Angels (Epic)
The Big Money
Middletown Dreams
Lock and Key
Available Light
MalNar/ Drum Solo
Alex's Solo/ the Trees
Xanadu (Entire)
2112/ Temples/ Finale

Encore:
Far Cry
Tom Sawyer
The Spirit of Radio

Never in a Million years would this ever be a 1st set no.gif

If that was ever the encore, i would be the first person out of the parking lot schla03.gif

trink39.gif