Clockwork Angels Is Finished!!!!!

presto123

Woooo Hoooo. The recording is finished according to RIAB and a couple sources. Richard Chycki tweeted it today I guess. Does that mean the overdubs are finished as well? Do they still do last minute overdubs during the mixing process? The boys really kicked ass the last month or so and got the project done a lot faster than I thought they would. common001.gif Maybe they really are shooting for that 2/1/12 release date. 2.gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/LOLZ/128692006435721426.jpg

common001.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Dec 21 2011, 02:41 PM)
Woooo Hoooo. The recording is finished according to RIAB and a couple sources. Richard Chycki tweeted it today I guess. Does that mean the overdubs are finished as well? Do they still do last minute overdubs during the mixing process? The boys really kicked ass the last month or so and got the project done a lot faster than I thought they would. common001.gif Maybe they really are shooting for that 2/1/12 release date. 2.gif

Don't think they'd pressure themselves to release it on that specific date. They seem more interested in getting a finished product they like vs. getting a product finished on a NUMBER waaaaaay back in their history.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 21 2011, 06:36 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Dec 21 2011, 02:41 PM)
Woooo Hoooo. The recording is finished according to RIAB and a couple sources. Richard Chycki tweeted it today I guess. Does that mean the overdubs are finished as well? Do they still do last minute overdubs during the mixing process? The boys really kicked ass the last month or so and got the project done a lot faster than I thought they would. common001.gif  Maybe they really are shooting for that 2/1/12 release date. 2.gif

Don't think they'd pressure themselves to release it on that specific date. They seem more interested in getting a finished product they like vs. getting a product finished on a NUMBER waaaaaay back in their history.

goodpost.gif

Guess that means a summer tour '12

QUOTE (presto123 @ Dec 21 2011, 12:41 AM)

Geddy still has to record another eight vocal parts to make up the choirs!

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Dec 21 2011, 08:52 AM)
Guess that means a summer tour '12

More like a early spring start. April would be my guess starting down south here in Florida.....spring training then hop on the tour bus!!!

I am going to at least 3 shows this time....maybe 4.

It will be EPIC.

QUOTE (New Digital Man @ Dec 21 2011, 01:45 PM)

pokey.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Dec 21 2011, 05:15 PM)
Great news. Only problem I have with this timing is it sets things up perfectly for a summer tour, which means horrendous sheds, again.

I don't hate the sheds, but I agree with you in the fact that the last 4 Rush shows I have seen have been sheds and I miss the arenas. They seem a little more intimate too me.

Not to say that arenas are intimate, but I've had really bad luck with tickets the last several tours and used to get pretty good seats in the 80s/90s.

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Dec 21 2011, 05:38 PM)
April 20th in ABQ NM sounds like a good start date to me for the Clockwork tour! cool10.gif

yes.gif bncegrn.gif 2.gif

cool10.gif trink39.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Dec 21 2011, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Dec 21 2011, 05:15 PM)
Great news.  Only problem I have with this timing is it sets things up perfectly for a summer tour, which means horrendous sheds, again.

I don't hate the sheds, but I agree with you in the fact that the last 4 Rush shows I have seen have been sheds and I miss the arenas. They seem a little more intimate too me.

Not to say that arenas are intimate, but I've had really bad luck with tickets the last several tours and used to get pretty good seats in the 80s/90s.

Guess im partial to the arenas cause I saw them at the Garden in the heyday - 82-84. Love the electricity and the sound is superior (if you have decent seats).... Ive also had bad luck with tickets as well...

I heard the news yesterday. It's great, I can't wait to hear the new album! smile.gif

I'd love for them to do another world tour, but I don't know how they would feel about that? I know that I missed them on the last tour, had to sell my ticket because something came up, and so I'd love for them to tour again...but it's really up to them. Geddy blew his voice out on the last tour, so maybe he needs a rest.

I'm just glad I saw them once. I'd take a new studio album over a world tour, personally.

QUOTE (New Digital Man @ Dec 21 2011, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Dec 21 2011, 12:41 AM)
Woooo Hoooo. The recording is finished according to RIAB and a couple sources. Richard Chycki tweeted it today I guess. Does that mean the overdubs are finished as well? Do they still do last minute overdubs during the mixing process? The boys really kicked ass the last month or so and got the project done a lot faster than I thought they would. common001.gif  Maybe they really are shooting for that 2/1/12 release date. 2.gif

The band has indicated that they want to move away from the multilayered sound of their last two albums and go for a more direct approach - vocals included.

That being said, I hope Geddy doesn't abandon vocal harmonies. He is fantastic at composing them.

The pre-chorus of Earthshine is breathtaking.