Hobbit Trailer Now Online

The Owl

rage.gif Hmm, well maybe I should retire. I actually stayed up late to post this. doh.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Dec 20 2011, 10:45 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 20 2011, 10:31 PM)
rage.gif Hmm, well maybe I should retire. I actually stayed up late to post this.  doh.gif

LOL, sorry for sniping you..... tongue.gif

I'll stop pouting shortly. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Dec 21 2011, 12:13 AM)
geekgasm

Fawk yeah...I got goose bumps.

I wonder if they are going to include any other info gathered from The Unfinished Tales? This would be how Thorin and Gandalf met, as well as Gandalf seeing the up and coming war (War of the Ring) and how he was going to handle Smaug as well as going to Dol Guldur and the white council etc...

Can't wait!!!

Looking forward to this film. I know this is an early trailer, but it was pretty slow as far as movie trailers go. The digital modeling animation is what is taking so long and when that stuff is added, we will get a glimpse of the more visually stunning scenes. Can't wait!

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Dec 21 2011, 07:01 PM)
Looking forward to this film. I know this is an early trailer, but it was pretty slow as far as movie trailers go. The digital modeling animation is what is taking so long and when that stuff is added, we will get a glimpse of the more visually stunning scenes. Can't wait!

As in a glimpse of Smaug? yes.gif

The thing I'm looking forward to most is seeing that world through the camera eye 10 or so years after Fellowship of the Ring. I was watching The Two Towers the other night, and I was surprised at how much I cringed at the special effects. Some of the scenes hold up extraordinarily well - Helm's Deep, for example - but some things... Treebeard looks especially bad to my 2011 eyes.

With all the advances in technology even in the few years since LotR wrapped up, I think The Hobbit will look better than all of 'em.

Edited by danielmclark

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Dec 22 2011, 02:37 AM)
The thing I'm looking forward to most is seeing that world through the camera eye 10 or so years after Fellowship of the Ring. I was watching The Two Towers the other night, and I was surprised at how much I cringed at the special effects. Some of the scenes hold up extraordinarily well - Helm's Deep, for example - but some things... Treebeard looks especially bad to my 2011 eyes.

With all the advances in technology even in the few years since LotR wrapped up, I think The Hobbit will look better than all of 'em.

I silently honored the 10 year mark the other day but with no celebration.

I agree with your FX comment. The trilogy is on TV all the time now and I cringe a some of the effects, Treebeard in particular. I was never a fan of that part of the book, or the movie or how he appeared in the movie. Possibly the worst FX in the whole trilogy.

I also agree The Hobbit should be visually amazing.

This movie looks TERRIBLE! 062802puke_prv.gif

Oh, I do jest.

Normally I refrain from seeing trailers for movies I'm looking forward to, but there was no way I could resist this one.

I must admit ( blush4.gif ) that I never read the Hobbit like I did the LOTR trilogy. I'll have to read that before the movies show up.

Seriously though, Peter Jackson back again directing more Tolkein stories? How can you f*cking lose? drool1.gif

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Dec 22 2011, 05:26 AM)

I agree with your FX comment. The trilogy is on TV all the time now and I cringe a some of the effects, Treebeard in particular. I was never a fan of that part of the book, or the movie or how he appeared in the movie. Possibly the worst FX in the whole trilogy.

Do you want Peter Jackson to pull a George Lucas?

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 23 2011, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Dec 22 2011, 05:26 AM)

Do you want Peter Jackson to pull a George Lucas?

Hello no...Lucas had to make all that crap up and then come up with crappy dialogue to match the shitty story (Parts 1-3) although the fall of the republic story line was intriguing and at least explained the stuff pre A New Hope.

Jackson has a proven winner in The Hobbit all he has to do is work around what's already there.

Now if you are talking about the FX, I think Jackson has too much pride and vision to do an entire film in CGI...There will have to be some but just like in TLOTR trilogy, I would hope he uses sound stages.