You Only Have One More Concert

Tick

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the next concert was my last: either Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull or Rush, both of which I plan on seeing next year.

If I could time travel - ohmy.gif

Pink Floyd - any concert 1969-1971

Yes - 1974

Jethro Tull - 1971

Genesis - 1973 or 1974

King Crimson - 1969 - 1974

trink39.gif

Rush. Queen is a moot point unless we're talking fantasy, then I have a really hard choice. I've seen the Fixx a bunch of times and honestly, their best are probably behind them. It would mean I don't get to see the tour for the new album, but I dunno as I'm going to be hugely impressed (but I'd love to be wrong). I can't think of anyone else I'd want to see as much as these faves.

I've only seen Rush twice, on the same tour, so I'd want to see them at least once on the next tour. My real-life plan is to see them as many times as I can given my two weeks of vacation. I'm hoping it works out to about six shows.

Are we talking bands that are still touring/plan to tour, or just our dream reunions? I presume we can't bring back the dead.

If the Genesis trio decided to do one more tour, I would jump on that immediately. I missed my chance to see them in 07 and I was far too young for the 92 tour. However, I realize there is about a 0.000001% of that happening again...

So as far as reality goes, I would see Prince. Even though I've been less than impressed with his musical approach since about 2000-ish (funnily enough, the year when I last saw him, even though I was 10) he still is without a doubt my favorite artist of all-time. I missed my chance in 2004 when he was here and he hasn't done an actual "tour" since then.

No doubt it is Rush.

Easy answer.

Fantasy?

The David Gilmore/Roger Waters and the rest of the original crew in Pink Floyd circa Wish You Were Here Tour.

Edited by Todem

I'd like to make it to the Tool show here in Jan. If that's the last concert I ever see, I'd be cool with that.

I'm moving heaven and earth to make it to NYC to see Marillion in June, so that would be a cool last concert.

Seeing PT once more before Wilson pisses it away would be nice. Hands down, THE best show I've ever been to.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 16 2011, 04:59 PM)

I'm moving heaven and earth to make it to NYC to see Marillion in June, so that would be a cool last concert.

Now that is what I like to hear!!! common001.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 16 2011, 03:08 PM)

How much fun would that be, ticky? 653.gif

Of course, you know you'd have to be there to hold me up and hand me tissues and keep me from jumping on stage. laugh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 16 2011, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 16 2011, 03:08 PM)

How much fun would that be, ticky? 653.gif

Of course, you know you'd have to be there to hold me up and hand me tissues and keep me from jumping on stage. laugh.gif

It would be awesome. Here's hoping it happens!

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Dec 15 2011, 11:36 AM)
I'll assume we are talking bands that are still alive so......

If all the guys in War got back together, them because I've never seen them. If not, Rush.

WAR are great. Saw them in Reno once, then a couple of years later...at our local softball field! hat was a cool gig, just a bunch of guys jamming in the park.

2.gif of course!

Fantasy: Genesis before Peter left or Pink Floyd on the WTWH tour.

QUOTE (goose @ Dec 17 2011, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Dec 15 2011, 11:36 AM)
I'll assume we are talking bands that are still alive so......

If all the guys in War got back together, them because I've never seen them. If not, Rush.

WAR are great. Saw them in Reno once, then a couple of years later...at our local softball field! hat was a cool gig, just a bunch of guys jamming in the park.

NICE!!! I'm jealous. trink39.gif