'The Body Electric' Movie?

Gilbertk

Stumbled across this and was wondering if anyone knew where I could find and watch this.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220337/

The Body Electric:

Featuring a Rush soundtrack, this half-hour film combines themes and ideas from many Rush songs, particularly "The Body Electric" and "2112". The story takes place after a robot revolution in a futuristic domed city named "Red Sector A".

Listed in the order they are played, the soundtrack includes excepts of:

Red Sector A,

Hemispheres Pt. V.,

2112 Overture,

Cygnus X-1 Pt. 3,

Different Strings,

Jacob's Ladder,

The Fountain of Lamneth Pt. VI,

Xanadu,

The Body Electric,

Working Man,

Hemispheres Pt. V.,

Marathon,

Hemispheres Pt. VI.

Edited by Gilbertk

You can watch it at my house. I have it on DVD...or VCD...or something. I forget. I don't see it online, though; it went around the torrent circuit a few years ago and that's where I picked it up. For what it's worth, it's not that great.

An interesting idea on paper, but as executed it was pretty hard for me to watch the whole thing. A review from 1999 sums it up pretty well...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220337/combined

"An interesting diversion, especially fun for RUSH fans, 13 December 1999

Author: Andrew J. Gibson (a2gibson@scs.ryerson.ca)

The Body Electric is an interesting little piece of sci-fi from the mid 80's. The story is not particularly original and is far too short for it to work properly, but combines many themes and ideas from Rush songs, particularly the Body Electric and Red Sector A. Those familiar with the band will recognize trademarks from their songs: the lone youth against the system, the futuristic post-armageddon feel, and the relationship between man and machine. Non-Rush fans will probably find The Body Electric forgettable despite it's entertainment value, but Rush fans will find it a treat. Rush songs are used as the background music for the entire story. On the whole, I find this piece to be quite a little gem, and a good companion piece for the music from the band that the mainstream has spent decades ignoring. "

after years of hearing about it, I finally watched it.

Meh, it was OK. It was like a cheesy poorly animated '80s cartoon with random Rush songs playing in the background with little to nothing to do with what was going on in the story. In fact, the music could have been taken out entirely and not affected anything in the cartoon.

That being said, Andrea was pretty hot. For a cartoon and all. biggrin.gif

Pretty crappy cartoon and I really didn't see the point of Rush's music in there. Just seemed like a Rush fan throwing in his/her favorite songs without any reason or purpose. Oh well, maybe I didn't give this a try, but I thought it was really poor.